Boostedfc3

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic Si
Country flag
Can anyone in the Orange County/LA County even Inland Empire recommend any other good tuners? I’ve been to Bisimoto, He is a great tuner and knows his stuff but sucks at getting back to you. I made 239whp/268( 27won turbo, CAI, Downpipe , frontpipe, exhaust, Injen intercooler and piping) at Bisimoto. Clutch was slipping and would’ve made more on e30blend. We used 91 pump.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Alberto1866

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Ive tried those two, I couldn't even get Bisimoto to reply to me. Ive been working with Derek Robinson on an E-Tune, hes been great and recommend him if that is something you're interested in.

idragmazda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
Derek at IMW for a custom remote tune. I’ve had my type r tuned in person with great results (see my signature). He’s a good dude to work with too

absolude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KW SC 2007 CSX Type S, 2023 PWP Si
Country flag
Just finished my tune with Derek and the car feels great.
He definitely knows his stuff.
I'd recommend trying him out.

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Si, 19 Accord 2.0T, 23 Type R
Country flag

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
I’ve been to church automotive , I didn’t like the fact that the Dynapack reads higher than others tuners.
Sorry, but this is not a reason to pass on a tuner. At least if you're concerned about actual results.

Keep in mind that some tuners do not alter the TCF as there is a high variance in the rotational mass of the wheels being removed. I suspect Shawn is one of those tuners, based on his readouts. But the % gains above baseline are on par with everyone else.

Your results are closer to 215 WHP/230 WTQ on a typical roller dyno.

I also agree that you shouldn't rule out an e-tune. GL.

OP
OP
Boostedfc3

Boostedfc3

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic Si
Country flag
Sorry, but this is not a reason to pass on a tuner. At least if you're concerned about actual results.

Keep in mind that some tuners do not alter the TCF as there is a high variance in the rotational mass of the wheels being removed. I suspect Shawn is one of those tuners, based on his readouts. But the % gains above baseline are on par with everyone else.

Your results are closer to 215 WHP/230 WTQ on a typical roller dyno.

I also agree that you shouldn't rule out an e-tune. GL.
I confirmed from another respectable tuner that Shawn’s dynapcks aren’t up to date calibrated. Not sure if I want to have incorrect readings.

THATSi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si
Country flag
Gonna throw D Robb some props here as well. He didn't tune my car, I did, but a while back I got to look at the tune he did on an Si with almost the exact same mods only to find we had the same strategy, albeit I was a bit more aggressive, if I blow up my own car that's on me, if it was someone else's I wouldn't want the liability. He does great work tho cuz it's what I would do
Sponsored