jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
There is the Invidia N1 and Magnaflow 19313, both would be very loud with a downpipe.
Thought the N1 was for 1.5T only and didnt even know about the magnaflow. Cool finding out about this thanks!
Sponsored

a c i d.f l y

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX 2.0 CVT Sedan w Sensing
Country flag
Borla also offers a catback for the 2.0. So far I've seen kits from Borla, Magnaflow, and Invidia. All are relatively loud af (compared to stock), even without the catless downpipe. Removing the resonator sounds decent on stock exhaust, but the combination of everything (catless, resonator and muffler delete or one of the aftermarket catback) results in an obnoxious ricer sound. I'd at least keep the resonator with the catless. Planning to do a custom 2.5" solution with resonator and dual mufflers once I get my downpipe situation resolved. I like power, I hate the sound of angry bees in a can. I want the sound of a GReddy kit on an old Integra. Low tone rumble, with minimized high pitched buzzing.

OP
OP
jred721

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
Borla also offers a catback for the 2.0. So far I've seen kits from Borla, Magnaflow, and Invidia. All are relatively loud af (compared to stock), even without the catless downpipe. Removing the resonator sounds decent on stock exhaust, but the combination of everything (catless, resonator and muffler delete or one of the aftermarket catback) results in an obnoxious ricer sound. I'd at least keep the resonator with the catless. Planning to do a custom 2.5" solution with resonator and dual mufflers once I get my downpipe situation resolved. I like power, I hate the sound of angry bees in a can. I want the sound of a GReddy kit on an old Integra. Low tone rumble, with minimized high pitched buzzing.
Yeah see thats what I was afraid of, all of these exhaust systems are usually pretty loud and can sound rice sometimes, all I really want is kind of a nice growl on startup and to actually have an exhaust that isn't hidden.

FC2Sid

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue Civic LX 6 Speed
Is anyone able to share the link for 2.0 lx bola exhaust . The magna flow is only available for the coupe btw.

OP
OP
jred721

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
Is anyone able to share the link for 2.0 lx bola exhaust . The magna flow is only available for the coupe btw.
Went on the borla website and all I saw was the exhaust for the 1.5T, nothing about the 2.0 but ill keep looking.

18CivicLX

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic LX Sedan
Country flag
Hey just wondering if you ended up purchasing this! I just bought a 2018 Civic lx 2.0... wondering if I buy the tuner, if I need to upgrade other parts in my car, or if I can leave it stock?

OP
OP
jred721

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
Hey just wondering if you ended up purchasing this! I just bought a 2018 Civic lx 2.0... wondering if I buy the tuner, if I need to upgrade other parts in my car, or if I can leave it stock?
I did buy it, but since we both have 2018 models, KTuner does not support them as of yet, but I did get an email saying they are working on it. No idea what that means or how long it's gonna take for them to release an update, but that's how it is right now. But to answer your second question, you dont need any other mods to your car to use the tuner. You can just plug and play once they finally support us 2018 guys.

18CivicLX

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic LX Sedan
Country flag
I did buy it, but since we both have 2018 models, KTuner does not support them as of yet, but I did get an email saying they are working on it. No idea what that means or how long it's gonna take for them to release an update, but that's how it is right now. But to answer your second question, you dont need any other mods to your car to use the tuner. You can just plug and play once they finally support us 2018 guys.
Okay nice, thanks! Gives me time to break the car in a little bit, maybe do some cosmetic upgrades in the mean time!

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Best thing to do is compare your ECU number to the supported list. If it's not listed yet we can add it by downloading your ECU programming then working it into an update, which requires you to have a unit in your hands.

5BA-A41 and A21 are in process of being added currently.

OP
OP
jred721

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
Best thing to do is compare your ECU number to the supported list. If it's not listed yet we can add it by downloading your ECU programming then working it into an update, which requires you to have a unit in your hands.

Awesome! My ECU # is A41 so cant wait to finally use it.

JDMTech

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SE
Vehicle Showcase

I have the Ktuner V2 in hand. Need support for ECU part Number 37820-5B8-B81. I have been in Contact with Info@Ktuner and I am waiting for step by step instructions on how to download and Enable my ECU part number...

OP
OP
jred721

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
I have the Ktuner V2 in hand. Need support for ECU part Number 37820-5B8-B81. I have been in Contact with Info@Ktuner and I am waiting for step by step instructions on how to download and Enable my ECU part number...
They have to work it into an update first, then you just update your KTuner and flash like nornal. Dont know when the update comes out though buf I'm assuming it isnt far away.

Aurelleah

First Name
Aurelleah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX in Modern Steel
Country flag
Any update?

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic sedan lx 6mt and 2018 Honda Civic hatchback ex auto
Country flag
So I need to look on my ECU for the number? Mine is also a 2018 so I will wait till it’s supported before I buy it. And what’s the difference of the v2 and 1.2?
Sponsored