Acura TSX mats installed in mine
Sponsored

kcwalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-L
Country flag
After 6 months I too noticed how cra**y the OEM floor mats are. Honda saved $5 on these.
I found this message while searching the Forums, and thought I'd give it a bump.
This thread + the threads above provide a good overview of high quality floor mat options.
From my read, the 4 most common mats are:
All Weather:
1) WeatherTech custom fit
2) Husky custom fit
3) Honda high wall
Carpet:
4) Lloyd Ultimat

Gazoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Touring Hatchback - Rallye Red, 1997 Civic HX Coupe 5 Speed Manual - Milano Red (sold)
I purchased the Honda high wall mats because I liked the design and softer rubber feel of them. I also preferred the look of separate mats in the back and since I don't have any rugrats I didn't feel the need to have a one-piece mat that would cover the hump.

I had Husky mats in another car and didn't care for the hard plastic feel but I did like how they covered the dead pedal and the area behind the accelerator pedal. Another benefit of the stiffer material is that I could pull out the mat in the winter without it bending and letting the snow/water fall onto the carpet.

Mikeybc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-T, 2015 Nissan Murano
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Awaiting grey weathertechs to match the grey/black two tone coupe interior. Hopefully the winter salt won't show as much on grey.

wilbur_the_goose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Coupe Touring, '14 BMW 328i Sport Line
Country flag
I bought mats from Covercraft, a company that also makes fantastic windshield shades. But their floor mats don't work.

The grommets to attach the mat to the floor don't fit with what's in the Honda. I wrote to them, and they gave me "suggestions" to make them fit - none of them worked.

Money down the drain - they wouldn't take them back.

David Harper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe
Country flag
I got weathertech black and after a year the drivers side mat is pretty ugly. It's all worn and faded looking, I keep telling myself IT'S A FLIPPING FLOOR MAT SO WHO CARES. Does anyone know a way to restore them? I've tried armorall but they still dry out faded looking.

Sgtstaadanko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I got weathertech black and after a year the drivers side mat is pretty ugly. It's all worn and faded looking, I keep telling myself IT'S A FLIPPING FLOOR MAT SO WHO CARES. Does anyone know a way to restore them? I've tried armorall but they still dry out faded looking.
I've got the same mats with the same fading. Unfortunately, with everything getting ground into them all the time, there's really not much that can be done about it beyond painting them, but I doubt that would last. I've learned to live with it because the carpets underneath are still perfect and that's why I got them.

wilbur_the_goose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Coupe Touring, '14 BMW 328i Sport Line
Country flag
I threw out the crap from Covercraft. Now have the Honda all-weather rubber floor mats, and they're absolutely perfect!

canalrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sedan Touring
Country flag
I just got the Lloyd's Ultimat for a 2017 Touring Sedan from AutoAnything (do a Google search for a 15% off coupon).

The graphite color matches the black leather interior very well.

The quality seems much better than the OEM mats – in fact after 6 months and less than 2000 miles the original driver side mat was almost worn through where my right heel rests.

Barry.

CivicXander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic hatchback Sport 6MT Rallye Red
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have both husky liner and weathertech right now for my civic. I'm thinking of going with weathertech and returning huskys. The backseat ones are pretty much identical when comparing both. In the front however, the husky is a little longer and reaches deeper into the foot well. Weathertech had a higher side wall than husky (which is why I'm going with them), weathertech has a water deposit tray in the front mats, husky liner has spikes at the bottom of their mats to keep them from sliding whereas the weather techs are smooth but they should still remain in place and are easier to take out. I don't think you can go wrong with either one.

dhdinh07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
I went with the Husky Liners, front and rear. Since I live in Seattle where it rains quite often and there are pine needles and other crap everywhere, I'd say this is probably the best investment I made for the car.
Sponsored