Poll! Which trim level did you purchase?

Which trim level did you purchase? (2016 only)

• Touring

• Ex-l

• Ex-t

• Ex

• Lx

Results are only viewable after voting.

SteveGG

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 & '16 Civics
Not everyone hates the rain sensing wipers, mine work great!
SteveGG said: ↑
In the LX there's also Intermittent .

I wish the Touring had intermittent wipers instead of rain sensing. I had mine 'repaired', they are still hit and miss. Not worth the hassle of going back for another repair.

I rest my case ...

Last edited:

SteveGG

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 & '16 Civics
Nothing like a good answer to a simple question ...
Re street cred, I'll hazard a guess : Must be some king of recognition status. Well, I'm only a poor LX person. How dreadful ! What a completely stupid inane thing to base anything on !

Last edited:

Julie1012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan Touring MSM
Country flag
SteveGG said: ↑
In the LX there's also Intermittent .
I wish the Touring had intermittent wipers instead of rain sensing. I had mine 'repaired', they are still hit and miss. Not worth the hassle of going back for another repair.

I rest my case ...
I'm just pointing out that you should be careful saying "everyone", that is not the case.

CivicLX2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Nothing like a good answer to a simple question ...
I don't have the answer for you. I don't need or want to impress anyone with a higher trim. I've never conformed to what my peers have done....when my friends were smoking cigarettes and weed in high school, I said no thanks.

Same goes with my car purchasing choices...I see all these young kids in very expensive cars and think what a waste of money.

Kindred1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
I considered LX w/Sensing because I actually prefer manual seats, cloth, no sunroof, and a normal key.

I didn't care either way about the turbo, fog lights, dual-zone AC, upgraded speakers or Android Auto.

I did want the auto-dimming mirror, LED headlights, and the Touring wheels, but figured I could pretty easily add all of that to an LX.

But the kickers were the LX not having a 60/40 rear seat, remote start, or an aux jack. That meant no good way to add satellite radio to the car, and that's a must-have for me. So that pushed my minimum trim from an LX up to the EX-T.

From the EX-T, the extra money and hassle of adding the auto-dimming mirror, LED headlights, and Touring wheels didn't make sense compared to just buying a Touring, so I bought a Touring.

I'm very happy with my decision. Six months in, every time I see a non-Touring's wheels, I'm glad I have these wheels, and every time I get in the car at night, I'm glad I have the LED headlights. The subwoofer rattling is the only trim-specific issue I've had. I do wish it had a volume knob, though.
Not having an auxiliary outlet on the LX must be solely due to they're American models, as my wife's LX here in Canada does have it and she uses her Sirius portable with it.

Kindred1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
I understand the sentiment. Personally I sprung for the Touring because I figure if I keep the car 10, 15 years hopefully, the initial upfront cost for a loaded model is nominal.

Either way - LX to Touring - can't go wrong. I'd strongly recommend someone an LX if it was in their price range.
I agree. We lease a Touring and an LX with sensing and switch back and forth to balance the accumulated mileage.

Kindred1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
The lowly LX. No Navigation and no Infotainment. I hear lots of complaints with the Infotainment so I'm happy. ALSO, I've got a real intuitive volume control KNOB with push on-off, AND an intermittent wiper setting, instead of that rain sensor thing everybody hates. I always do my homework, and know where I am and where I'm going, so probably won't miss the Navigation thing. If I had to do it over, I'd do the same.
With my wife's LX with the sensing option, we transferred her Sirius satellite from her 2012 Civic and bought a Garmin Nuvi with Voice Command. She feels satisfied and safe.

Swordfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
What is "street cred" and why is it important ?

Dual exhaust just doesn't make sense for a 4 cylinder engine. You'd need separate exhaust manifolds and everything for what ?, each of the 2 cylinders ?

Don't know why everyone's bitching about the wheel covers ? I have no problem there and certainly a change is easy enough.

The quote about the separate exhaust manifold for each of the 2 cylinders is awesome.

IDriveACivic

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
Bought a Touring edition because I didn't want to miss out on anything. It's also the only option with leather seats, since we don't get EX-L up here.

I wish they would give me back the intermittent wipers though.

PGean

First Name
KC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic ST, 2015 X5, 2009 MDX
Country flag
Bought sport touring because I wanted power seats in both seats as well as the LED headlights.

andromeda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 & '16 Civics
Country flag
I went with the no frills basic package, except with CVT, and so very glad I did : $ much cheaper $, no rain sensing * but has intermittent setting, real volume knob with push on/off, no lane/proximity sensing *, no infotainment *, no navigation *. { * = sans all associated problems ! }

David Harper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe
Country flag
LX mt coupe. Didn't want the CVT, didn't want 4 doors, don't care about all the high tech bells and whistles, and I got alloy wheels which I love. I told the salesman if my car came in without the alloy wheels I don't want it. Paid under 20K. I love this car. The best car I've ever driven and I've owned more expensive cars in the past. I had a Nissan Z and this civic handles and corners just as good. And unlike most here I didn't really want the little turbo 1.5. Originally it was the CVT (which I despise) that made me choose this trim level. In 2016 you could only get the mt in the stripper LX. In the summer I go joyriding in this car. Everyone I know who's seen it loves it. I work with a guy who bought a new subaru a couple weeks before I bought the civc and he say's he would have bought the same car I did if he had known about it.

OXC1632

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L, 2017 Honda Ridgeline RTL
Country flag
EXL.

Had to have the 1.5T, and also wanted leather seats and steering wheel.

No sensing, don’t need it. Didn’t think the touring was worth it since I use the nav from Apple CarPlay, I don’t need heated rear seats, or a power passenger seat.

I also don’t like the chrome door handles on the touring. I do want LED headlights and I will probably put some in soon.

I am happy with mine.
Sponsored