What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

casper

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Sport Hatchback (6MT)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Looks great! Can I ask what type of products did you use?
Thanks, it’s still a little wet, so it’ll probably dry to nice finish overnight.

Only “products” I used were:
- Gunk Multisurface Engine Cleaner and Degreaser
- Meguiars Hyper Dresser diluted to 4:1 (water: dresser)

First I took out the battery and used a shop vac to blow off any loose debris.

As an extra precaution, I put plastic bags over the fuse box, brake fluid cap, and intake. Engine was cooled off overnight.

Then I just used a garden hose with an angle spray setting (so the stream wasn’t concentrated all in one spot) to do a pre-rinse, then sprayed on the degreaser, let it dwell for a little while. Then used some brushes to agitate everything that I could reach. Then hosed it off again to make sure to rinse all the degreaser away. I used the shop vac to blow dry as much as possible, then drove the car to get coffee and to dry it off (with heat).

I was lazy so I got to the final dressing a few days later, but I disconnected the negative terminal on the battery to be extra safe, and just sprayed the diluted hyper dresser liberally to cover everything, just avoiding the battery area. In hindsight I should have done this directly after the washing, since it only took like 10 minutes extra. Other then dabbing dry a few puddles with some paper towels, it basically dries to the result.
Sponsored

sventhecivic

First Name
Gaetano
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EXT
Country flag
I went and installed fog lights on my lx. The process wasn't too hard, just very time consuming.
Also, trying to fit those bottom clips/rivets/screws is a nightmare without any floor jacks.
20220824_175353.jpg

20220825_001737.jpg

20220825_001803.jpg
Where did you get the lower LEDs next to your Fog Lights? Those look gorgeous in this setup, I have to do this myself.

Bluewraps

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic lx
Country flag

Bluewraps

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic lx
Country flag

Honda 4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda civic lx
Country flag
They are plug and play. I used a few youtube videos and the reviews on this amazon page
Amazon.com: Compatible with Honda Civic FC Pair of Bumper Driving Fog Lights + Wiring + Switch (Clear Lens) : Automotive
The hardest part I found was putting things back on, especially the bumper clips without having some way to lift my vehicle.
sorry my english are bad.

Anyway thats the one i bought and its not working i dont know whats the problem afaik i installled it correctly. I heard a click from the switch so it means switch and relay are ok but the fog lights doesnt work and i tested also the light directed to the battery and its working.

Leaux

First Name
Leaux
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Not to beat a dead horse here fellas… but here is the new PB. Changed my cruise control from 70mph to 65 and boom 48.3! My car is a 2020 sport hb w/ 6 speed standard transmission. Eco mode on the entire 65 mile commute, which is 98% interstate driving.
8D6005C4-E94B-4DCE-896E-DB6CBDFA366F.jpeg
Following up after my road trip to Orlando. After 2,100 miles of driving, averaged 40.3 mpg. Cumulative low was 37.5 mpg (traffic and local driving), but gained it all back heading home. The last day of driving, 5-hours worth, averaged just over 48 mpg!!! Best advice for long trips, don't go above 72 mph for the automatic.

jconnway

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport Hatch 2017 Sport Hatch
Country flag
Car wash and a car cover. My condo is up the road from a massive construction project, maybe half a mile, and believe it or not the dust that is generated down there blows all the way up the hill and leaves a HORRIBLE silt coating on everything. I figure this way all I do is hose off the cover and preserve the clean car!

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 0B0132E4-C640-4824-8891-4E9D7797A456

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) D0F9EA98-957A-420C-ABCA-DFDE724E4BCE

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) BF56B6BB-8FBA-4787-9A5A-7A34C8789817

Also, two things in the works this week - one is new seats on Friday, and the other is a Si rear brake conversion . . . I just got a shipping confirmation for the dust shields and bolts, I already have the caliper brackets, rotors and new pads.

Last edited:

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
you ever try meguiars ceramic? That’s what I use but haven’t tried the turtle wax one.
I like the Meguiars, but the turtle wax one doesn't streak as easily and lasts longer

Eore227

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 EX hatchback
Country flag
yes those damn streaks, I thought it looks all good after applying, then go out in sunlight streaks to hell. I’ve been usually just been washing and rinsing with it now, instead of applying after wash.

I like the Meguiars, but the turtle wax one doesn't streak as easily and lasts longer

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
yes those damn streaks, I thought it looks all good after applying, then go out in sunlight streaks to hell. I’ve been usually just been washing and rinsing with it now, instead of applying after wash.
Meguiars says to use less to prevent streaks /shrug

I'm happy with the Hybrid Solutions(🐢)

peterZ

First Name
peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatch 6MT Lunar Silver Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
you ever try meguiars ceramic? That’s what I use but haven’t tried the turtle wax one.
I use to use Meguiars but the Turtle wax Ceramic seams to last longer. Also, you can also use it in bright sun which is a real plus, especially if you don't have garage. Also, a little goes a long way!

Augenauf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
Did something I knew I was gonna do one day eventually lol. traded her in for something I've been wanting for quite a while. love you guys, you've been alot of help during my 2 happy years of civic ownership. Now it's time for something way different. Have a feeling the Si won't be my last civic though ;)

20220825_100053.jpg

20220823_185905.jpg
Welp, guess i wasn't kidding when I said I'd be in another civic. It's a long story I'd rather not get in to. but suffice it to say, it was a stupid impulse deal I made, I lost a great car (Si) and now I'm in a slightly lesser car, with more debt. Si's were overpriced, so I ended up with a Honda CPO 6mt hatch with 21k miles, in a color I hate. Lesson learned the hard way, but ill make the best of it.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20220902_083251
Sponsored