What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
no hating here...but this black on the civic doesnt pop at all.......always looks dirty too
Not everyone can handle the Lunar Silver hotness :cool:
Sponsored

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic sedan lx 6mt and 2018 Honda Civic hatchback ex auto
Country flag
Went to my local car performance parts store to look around and ended up walking out with one of these. My real first upgrade to my hatch.

23974A96-02A1-47C9-91DB-ADA514AFBEC2.jpeg
Damn I like that! How much that cost ya?

aldksgo

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8 R-24920, '14 FB2, '10 Impreza 2.5i
Country flag
Pulled the trigger and picked up my CTR this morning after getting OptiCoat Pro Plus ceramic coating done. Also grabbed a VTEC TURBO sticker and Andre @ Slick Automotive Solutions (the detailer) kindly installed it for me. '19 Canadian models didn't have the sticker for some reason so I didn't want to feel left out.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) IMG_1439.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) IMG_1442.JPG

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
$580CAD after tax. Was gonna go for acuity one but for about $120 more so I decided to try this one. Cant wait to install it tomorrow.
Yeah the acuity shifter seems to be good to. But I like that 4 link system that one has. And it looks like the cable linkages are straighter on that one. I checked out the website and I really like how that one is made. Thanks for posting that, I think I know my next purchase

MTBhatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic hatchback sport
Country flag
Yeah the acuity shifter seems to be good to. But I like that 4 link system that one has. And it looks like the cable linkages are straighter on that one. I checked out the website and I really like how that one is made. Thanks for posting that, I think I know my next purchase
just installed the shifter. Took me 45 mins to do the swap. It would probably take longer than that if i have never taken my center console apart before. Did drive around for couple of km with the shifter and all i can say is ...HOLLY SHIT!!! It is so good to shift gears now. Day and night difference. Cant wait to drive for more! The upgrade in my opinion is worth every penny!
Here is the stock shifter compare to the hybrid-racing shifter.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 246EE592-EA77-45B0-9BE9-2E6D23FD6F8D

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
just installed the shifter. Took me 45 mins to do the swap. It would probably take longer than that if i have never taken my center console apart before. Did drive around for couple of km with the shifter and all i can say is ...HOLLY SHIT!!! It is so good to shift gears now. Day and night difference. Cant wait to drive for more! The upgrade in my opinion is worth every penny!
Here is the stock shifter compare to the hybrid-racing shifter.

246EE592-EA77-45B0-9BE9-2E6D23FD6F8D.jpeg
I bet! With that linkage it adds leverage when shifting. So I bet it shifts with less effort now. I’m definitely gonna get one. I’m gonna install my downpipe and next in-line is that shifter

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 el camino ls swap, 18 civic 6speed, 86 Porsche 911 (euro spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The grill is a stock chrome sedan grill. The bottom half is the matte black the grill comes as. I gloss wrapped the center portion and underside of the chrome eye brows. The top kept chrome. Here is another shot of it.

9C01D9D8-BF03-45D2-8340-56B6859B1A82.jpeg
That lip thoooooo...what is it?

MTBhatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic hatchback sport
Country flag
I bet! With that linkage it adds leverage when shifting. So I bet it shifts with less effort now. I’m definitely gonna get one. I’m gonna install my downpipe and next in-line is that shifter
Yes it does! Its just so much pleasure to shift gears now. Thats the right term to describe the feeling with this shifter... effortless! I get this solid mechanical feeling every gear.

To be honest was gonna pull the trigger on ktuner v1.2 then it got me thinking if its really gonna enhance my day to day driving in bumper to bumper traffic. Then i saw this shifter on display then i bought it instead. Dont get me wrong ktuner will wake my hatch up but i still want to retain my warranty thats why i have not full the trigger yet. I daily my hatch and I believe this shifter will enhance my daily city commute.

JJ707

JJ
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag