CTR at (or below?!!) sticker NICE LIST!

sublimecat

Old guy who likes fast cars!
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford Ranger 4wd, 2008 Dodge Caliber SRT, 2012 Miata Grand Touring, 2015 Dodge Hellcat, 2018 Championship White CTR, 2020 Ram 2500 Limited Megacab
Country flag
That $10k ship has sailed
Sponsored

maverick

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CTR
Country flag
That $10k ship has sailed
Maybe I'll give them a second shot, could be nice to go home for a bit, although my parents told me it's in the teens right now... how'd you drive off the lot on those summer tires? :D

sublimecat

Old guy who likes fast cars!
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford Ranger 4wd, 2008 Dodge Caliber SRT, 2012 Miata Grand Touring, 2015 Dodge Hellcat, 2018 Championship White CTR, 2020 Ram 2500 Limited Megacab
Country flag
Maybe I'll give them a second shot, could be nice to go home for a bit, although my parents told me it's in the teens right now... how'd you drive off the lot on those summer tires? :D
I haven’t picked it up yet. I’ll likely put it in a trailer. The car is stored inside. The tires will be 70degrees. A 10 mile ride to the house likely won’t hurt them anyway.

fowwiee

First Name
Forry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper JCW
New to this forum. Looking for a Black or White Type R at or close to MSRP, greatly appreciate if you guys have any leads?

diakonia

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type-R, Accord, CRV
Country flag
New to this forum. Looking for a Black or White Type R at or close to MSRP, greatly appreciate if you guys have any leads?
After a 4 month search and probably over 50 phone calls for a black CTR @MSRP I finally got it yesterday. Persistence and patience was my key. Criswell Honda in Germantown, MD had a black Type-R for sale with a $10,000 market adjustment added to it. I thought it would be worth the effort just to call them and make an offer. I got in touch with Kevin Ferguson there and offered to buy the car only at MSRP. Kevin said he would work hard on my behalf and see what he can do. Kevin called me the next morning and said he talked with his sales manager and got it for me at MSRP. The only add on’s were nitrogen in the tires and wheel locks for $248. I picked it up yesterday. My whole experience at Criswell Honda was superb! Very professional staff. They currently have a white CTR, but it has several add on’s already installed on it, but Kevin told me that they have 2 more CTR’s due to come in. If anyone is interested, you can contact Kevin Ferguson at [email protected]

jgreen16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic EX Hatch, 1990 Chevrolet C1500
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Great Lakes
They were good to work with last March when I bought an EX-T 6-speed. Provided a great quote by email, and I went and picked it up the following day. No BS or games whatsoever. I'm glad to see that they're coming down on the Type-R now, as I believe their first one they were wanting $5K ADM.

Muggsy

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R, 2020 Lexus UX250h, 2012 Toyota Sienna
Country flag
After a 4 month search and probably over 50 phone calls for a black CTR @MSRP I finally got it yesterday. Persistence and patience was my key. Criswell Honda in Germantown, MD had a black Type-R for sale with a $10,000 market adjustment added to it. I thought it would be worth the effort just to call them and make an offer. I got in touch with Kevin Ferguson there and offered to buy the car only at MSRP. Kevin said he would work hard on my behalf and see what he can do. Kevin called me the next morning and said he talked with his sales manager and got it for me at MSRP. The only add on’s were nitrogen in the tires and wheel locks for $248. I picked it up yesterday. My whole experience at Criswell Honda was superb! Very professional staff. They currently have a white CTR, but it has several add on’s already installed on it, but Kevin told me that they have 2 more CTR’s due to come in. If anyone is interested, you can contact Kevin Ferguson at [email protected]
Congrats! Criswell was one of the many DC area dealers I contacted during my search, but I think they told me $10k ADM and I didn't pursue it after that. I also wanted PMM and that wasn't the color they had. But nicely done, I agree that patience is key.

LiveLaughRide84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Integra Gsr(sold) and 2000 ITR(sold) 17 focus RS and looking for a CTR
Country flag
Sunnyside is right by where I grew up - my family has bought multiple Hondas from them over the years. I called them several months ago and asked about one, they quoted me $10k over. Left a bad taste in my mouth after so much business.
That really stinks. I called dealers all over the US and couldn't get one to sell below 5k over msrp so I gave up. Hoping I can somehow pick one up before production ends.

diakonia

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type-R, Accord, CRV
Country flag
That really stinks. I called dealers all over the US and couldn't get one to sell below 5k over msrp so I gave up. Hoping I can somehow pick one up before production ends.
Where are you located? I still have a few rural dealers that have my name & number and are going to call me when they get their one CTR in. They sold their 2017's at MSRP and plan to do the same when they get the 2018's. The rural dealers only get one CTR per year maybe 2 depending on their overall car sales.
I am in Virginia. If you are outside of my area I would reccomend doing a Google search for the Honda dealers in your state and find the small ones out in rural areas. I was surprised how many of them told me that they do not charge over MSRP. The problem is that they will only get one and don't know when they will get it in. Hope this helps..

LiveLaughRide84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Where are you located? I still have a few rural dealers that have my name & number and are going to call me when they get their one CTR in. They sold their 2017's at MSRP and plan to do the same when they get the 2018's. The rural dealers only get one CTR per year maybe 2 depending on their overall car sales.
I am in Virginia. If you are outside of my area I would reccomend doing a Google search for the Honda dealers in your state and find the small ones out in rural areas. I was surprised how many of them told me that they do not charge over MSRP. The problem is that they will only get one and don't know when they will get it in. Hope this helps..
I'm in vegas which is probably the worst place to be lol

LiveLaughRide84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yes it is bro lol. I’m out here too. California dealers are the worst to deal with. AZ is similar. Basically nothing good to look forward to.
That’s why I gave up lol hopefully I can get one next year!

ChiiR

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I just bought my Aegean blue CTR at MSRP from Honda of Downtown Chicago yesterday. Manager told me they will be getting a championship white CTR that is being built on the 22nd. No idea if they will be selling for MSRP since they originally wanted 39,990 for mine.
Sponsored