What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 el camino ls swap, 18 civic 6speed, 86 Porsche 911 (euro spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks y'all!
Yep, there are holes already there.
The flaps come with some additional hardware to attach them to inside fender liner. Easy gig!
Is there a way to adjust how much they stick out?

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EXT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@NeoDragons what products did you use? Ive heard it’s extremely difficult to do, what are your thoughts on that? It looks phenomenal!!!!! How long did it take? Sorry about the questions, trying to gauge if I can get it done.
The process of actually applying the Ceramic Coating was extremely easy. Its just like applying a wax or sealant, it just has a really fast flash time.

The part that makes it difficult is the process of having to prep the car before hand before the coating is applied. If the car has been recently bought new then alot of the steps are alot easier.

i think this took me about 8-9 hrs to complete while taking small breaks in between. i took my time with it since it was my first time. i will list the products and steps below on how i did it.

CQUARTZ UK 3.0
CARPRO REFLECT
CARPRO IRON X
OPTIMUM CLAY BAR
DA POLISHER

1. 1st i had to wash the car to remove all grime and dirt. you would want to use a soap that doesnt have gloss enhancers or wax mixed in. I opted to use CARPRO RESET.
  2. then next step would be your chemical decantamination. For this step i used CARPRO IRON X.
  3. next is your mechanical decantamination. I used OPTIMUM'S CLAY BAR for this step. Honestly this step took me by far the longest to complete. If you have never clayed your car, then prepare for a lot of quality time with the car, lol.
  4. next is your paint correction. again if the car is still fairly new then most people can skip this step. but for me i had very minor swirls after almost 3 years of ownership. I ended up using a very very light polish, CARPRO REFLECT, to remove the swirls. and a DA polisher i had to borrow from my friend.
  5. this would be the final step before the actual coating is applied. you need to wipe the car down with an IPA solution to remove and oils or residue left behind from polishing. also this would be the time to ensure the car is fully dry in every nook and cranny.
  6. now you are finally on the coating step. like i said above, appling the coating is similar to wax. you need to put a small amount of product and work a 2x2 section at a time. buff times will vary depending on temps. usually its between 1-4 mins. dont wait too long because it becomes hard to remove and any longer requires compounding to remove.
  7. the product takes about 24hrs to fully cure. during this time the car cannot get wet while it is curing, if any water gets on it, it would need to be wiped down immediatly .

hope this helps. i may have missed some details. if someone can correct me in my steps then it would be helpful

Deezy

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Sedan 6MT (FC2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is there a way to adjust how much they stick out?
Not really. The holes are slotted, so you can slide them left or right maybe quarter inch. These are made specifically for the sedan. If you want more adjustment, you'd have to get the universal ones.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I was finally able to wash her after a break in the weather.

32432060557_49e853a61e_b.jpg
How do you not mess that lip up on speed bumps, curbs and angled driveways? :eek: Looks amazing but seems really low.

drewnik

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How do you not mess that lip up on speed bumps, curbs and angled driveways? :eek: Looks amazing but seems really low.
It is too low and is a PITA sometimes. It scrapes everywhere so I just drive as carefully as possible. I totally expect it to break off one day so I'm taking as many pictures as I can while it's still on. :)

alias Igme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Romeo 156, Honda Civic (1.5t hatchback)
Country flag
Bought and picked up (actually my wife picked it up while I'm at work) a 2019 1.5T hatchback with modulo skirts yesterday.
Today is the first time I drove it to work. Connected the phone (via BT) and android auto while on the way too.

I was half-expecting the drive to be a bit on the boring side, but I have to say it exceeded my expectations. I don't know exactly yet, but there is something about the steering that felt really nice (I owned an Alfa so it is definitely not the road feedback... maybe the lightness?)

Am looking forward to finishing the break-in period so I can see if it can catch up with my regular highway manners :)

yhkwok

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 Galant ES 2.4, 18 Sienna XLE (FWD), 18 FK7 ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Haven't done much on my FK7 since I lost my job lately (becoming a job hunter again), but I just checked on HondaPartsNetwork, and they finally have the catalogs for 2019 5 doors body style, then I look at these parts that I was curious about... And I found "Light Assembly, Glove Box" :love:
https://www.hondapartsnetwork.com/v...mper--instrument-panel-garnish-passenger-side

Is the 2019 Hatchback (including the Type R) have glovebox light standard now?
Though the damper is still not there, I think it's a step forward :) And the part number is exactly the same as my research before, shares the one on the 07-09 CRV.

I probably should say that better, instead of "my research", it's should be "Stephen provided in the graph" :p

Last edited: