What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah that's around where i'd like to be before I start but i'm guessing I won't last that long. Mine only has 650 miles on it lol so I have a while before i get to those numbers. I generally only average like 15k a year but that's during normal work week so right now i'm only going in 3 days a week so it will probably only be like 10k a year until COVID is gone.

I'm old enough now where i wouldn't go out there and blast off from every stop light to redline so I don't foresee anything going wrong but you never know. I mainly just want some more power/sound & eliminate rev hang so nothing too crazy. If I could get up to about 240-250hp i'd be happy. If something did happen and I knew I was babying the car I would flash to stock and take off mods before I took it in and try my luck. I'd venture a guess you could probably get away with it 75% of the time without many questions unless they see you've flashed your ECU like 20 times and the car was only a year or two old.
If you don't drive like a madman, you really should be fine. If something happens and you don't beat the car, myself and others here would first point to a factory defect because they do indeed happen!

I was in the same boat, granted with a lot more miles, but I think I tuned around 30k or 32k. I literally couldn't hold out after spending months upon months researching here on civicx, then I took a ride in my buddy's Si with TSP stage 1 and it was over.

These last 4k have been amazing. I have a Mishi intake and Greddy SP exhaust, nothing else, and on the 21psi map this thing is a ROCKET. This morning I was behind a G37 (I think) in a place where once I bounced out into the right lane he knew I was going to try and pass him before the road merged onto the highway so he stomped on it. Well so did I and I was in sport (CVT) on the 21psi and I passed with ease and kept pulling away. And you could hear he was at full throttle haha. I was grinning ear to ear laughing :lol: I think I'm around 220 230 and with the downpipe I should be in the range you are aiming for - that's exactly where I want to stop. If I yearn for more, I will buy an old civic hatch and build the crap out of it.

I have an Afe downpipe to install Sunday or Monday... should see some pretty solid gains since I'm tuned. I am looking at TSP in the near future here, but want to play with more settings on the starter maps and see what I like first. Then down the line maybe custom tune to take full advantage of the bolt ons.
Sponsored

Hydrolic11

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX 1.5T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Parking outside while garage is used to store stuffs temporary, and this arrived today✌?
Modulo sun shade
20200903_193008_HDR.jpg

I think it was designed for the Stepwgn, so it's a bit too long tbh, but serve its purpose just fine.
Nice. Why did you go with that sunshade? Also, not sure if I'm being too paranoid, but I'm guessing putting a sunshine behind your dashcam would be a lot of heat for it, when it's parked? I always take mine off before putting the sunshade on.

Jens_sedanEX18

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nice. Why did you go with that sunshade? Also, not sure if I'm being too paranoid, but I'm guessing putting a sunshine behind your dashcam would be a lot of heat for it, when it's parked? I always take mine off before putting the sunshade on.
I ordered this sunshade from Amazon but I’m thinking about returning it. It’s like this one but it doesn’t cover up the entire windshield and sometimes its hard to push the fabric down into the corners of the glass. I should have gotten the Covercraft one that’s accordion style. Not sure why I thought I would like this one. I guess because it folds up smaller and it comes with a drawstring bag.
Car Windshield Sun Shade - Blocks UV Rays Sun Visor Protector, Sunshade To Keep Your Vehicle Cool And Damage Free, Easy To Use, Fits Windshields of Various Sizes https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01KIFISX2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_ruNuFb8X7MKFA

ladysi

First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si black sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm going to buy a set of them as well here soon just to help clean it up a little. I was hesitant on the engine cover as i heard they trap some heat in there more and some of them had melted due to these little engines getting so hot (my garage smells of hot plastic like crazy after parking from the drive home on the highway). I also thought they looked a little too cheap looking as well.

I'm right there with you on voiding the warranty probably next year once I get some more mods on the engine and get a tune. Didn't want to do it right off the bat to make sure there wasn't any issues with the car for the first year or so.
I share the same concern about the engine cover - my engine stays very hot after shutting it off for quite a while. I wish our cars would keep the coolant fan and oil circulation running for a few minutes after shutdown like some other cars I have seen. And yeah, I think it looks a bit cheap as well.

I hit the end of my 3 year warranty next May, and by then all cosmetic mods will be completed. Then it is performance time! I figure that I will not wait for the manufacturer extended drivetrain warranty to end before I start modifying it. Also, I have lost faith in my dealership and plan to move forward like I have no warranty at this point.

ladysi

First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Theres a lot of flash from crappy molding but they're not bent or anything. Maybe i'll debur them then give them some sun before install.
Odd, mine had very little flash. I wonder if there is more than one manufacturer making these?

Donkeyhotay123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch
Country flag
Odd, mine had very little flash. I wonder if there is more than one manufacturer making these?
Possibly. Or more than one buyer that doesn't do additional QA. Like the factory makes them and sells them by tiers with junky ones for $28 shipped. I bought the cheap notesonboard ones on ebay.

ladysi

First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Possibly. Or more than one buyer that doesn't do additional QA. Like the factory makes them and sells them by tiers with junky ones for $28 shipped. I bought the cheap notesonboard ones on ebay.
I definitely paid more ($70 for both side shrouds and engine cover) for my set from cuztom_tuning on ebay.

Donkeyhotay123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch
Country flag
Cuztom_tuning has some decent customer service. I have some of their stuff too. Didn't get the cover though. Crap, now Im thinking I should have done it.

yhkwok

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 Galant ES 2.4, 18 Sienna XLE (FWD), 18 FK7 ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nothing particular other than it's made by Honda, but now that it's installed I found the suction cup is pretty good in material and the coverage is good ?

I do see your point, but I can only hope that Thinkware is making it in good enough quality, especially now that it's parking outside, I think it does need the parking mode monitoring. I don't plan to park it outside for too long, I usually try to keep it in the garage. As soon as my house is fixed I shall put it back in (and give it a good wash!!)

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Another year, more car parts and thus another dyno tune.

Joining the 300whp+ club in a FK7.
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) IMG_20200904_171743_592

CornfedCivic

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did u drill the flaps into your oem side skirt?
That’s the part where I’m a little ?
I have yet to install my front/sides/rear abs
I honestly took it to my local mechanic and he actually let me help him position it properly and he drilled it in for me. I was scared to do it myself but watching him do it made it not look too bad. I’m more scared that they have you use 3M tape to partially secure it at the sides and use the screws for the tabs at the bottom. I’m in Florida so it is super hot and rains a lot. I hope the tape will hold well:bow: I wish it was all screws and not held on with tape at all.

CornfedCivic

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Guess that's what i'll have to do as well then. I've thought about mixing and matching but I want to make sure they are all carbon fiber if I go that route versus the bayson r style. I'm hoping they start supplying the rear one in carbon soon also.
Same. If they came out with the diffuser in a carbon pattern like the splitter and side skirts I would pick them up too. I have the black plastic diffuser from them and it has been fading over time. If they came out with one in the carbon pattern i would pick it up in a heartbeat. It would be really nice to have all the ground effects matching

905Civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Sensing, 2020 Kia Telluride SX
Country flag
Clay bar for the first time today. It was crazy how many little specs of rust were all over the doors and rear of my car up close. Clay bar got rid of all of em. Next up is Chipfixx to try to fix tidy up all the rock chips up front
Sponsored