What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

ladysi

First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si black sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I still can't understand why Honda didn't put covers in those areas to begin with. When I first popped the hood on my 2020 I was shocked there was that much open space.

Dealer sounds like a bunch of d-bags especially since your mods have nothing to do with that area of the car.
Right? The bay looks so much better. I have the engine cover too (plastic red/fake carbon fiber), and even picked up the earthdreams badge to stick on it, but I am unsure if I like it. Sometimes I think it looks like cheap junk on the engine, other times it looks like it really cleans it up even more. Still undecided I guess.

I think the dealer, or at least the guy I talked to, didn't want to admit fault. I didn't catch it for a couple days after I brought it in though, and they supposedly didn't do anything to that part of the car... strange.

It was my last free oil change, so I doubt I will go back, probably just handle everything myself moving forward. Next spring I will be voiding much of the warranty under the hood anyways.
Sponsored

CornfedCivic

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
They look good. I'm going to put their front lip and sides on eventually (whenever I can actually snag them in stock on their website).
It took me 2 months of checking everyday
till they came in stock and another month until the side skirts were shipped. They were so difficult to get but in the end it is worth it IMO

yhkwok

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 Galant ES 2.4, 18 Sienna XLE (FWD), 18 FK7 ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Parking outside while garage is used to store stuffs temporary, and this arrived today✌?
Modulo sun shade
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20200903_193008_HDR

I think it was designed for the Stepwgn, so it's a bit too long tbh, but serve its purpose just fine.

Rone811

First Name
Rone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
image.jpg

Just installed abs dynamics replica type r side skirts. Super happy with how they look
Did u drill the flaps into your oem side skirt?
That’s the part where I’m a little ?
I have yet to install my front/sides/rear abs

ladysi

First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si black sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How did you get your covers to sit so well behaved? Mine are all bendy
They kinda flopped around for a moment, but once I got all the retainer clips in, they really stayed in place and started behaving. Maybe yours bent up badly in shipping? Got a pic of yours?

Donkeyhotay123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch
Country flag
They kinda flopped around for a moment, but once I got all the retainer clips in, they really stayed in place and started behaving. Maybe yours bent up badly in shipping? Got a pic of yours?
Theres a lot of flash from crappy molding but they're not bent or anything. Maybe i'll debur them then give them some sun before install.

WF19

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan Aegean Blue Metallic; 2003 Pontiac Vibe (just sold)
Country flag
Last few days, I've been playing around with the scraps of 3M Psychedelic Flip that we have around the shop. I'm a designer/printer, so I usually don't install... but I wanted to give it a shot and it turned out okay. I just did the top of the trunk, behind the plate, and that bottom chrome bit. (I fudged a bit behind the plate o_O)

Funny part is, in the rain/grey day, it's almost the same colour as the Modern Steel paint, but then in the sun it glows.

IMG_20200902_185539_473 (1).jpg
IMG_20200831_200451.jpg
I just noticed I have a missing cap as well. No idea how that happened. All four were there when I checked tire pressures a few weeks ago. And no one else has touched my tires since then.

Can you share a link to these caps? My thought process is the same: if I have to replace one, might as well see if I can find something interesting for all four.
Here's the link, note that there are other color combos available.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TY2H2D6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

WF19

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I installed a few convenience pieces today.

I hate how the seat-belt rubs my collarbone so I got these.
seat belt cushion.jpg

This phone holder fits like OEM and has a strong magnet.
Clec close.jpg

I wanted to protect my brand new screen and this matte Tuff Protect protector is great. Two in the package and easy to apply with zero bubbles. Doesn't affect the touchiness of the screen at all.
screen cover & Clec.jpg

I went out of country to Poland via Etsy for the dead pedal. It only took about two weeks and it's a nice touch to complete the look with the OEM pedals.
Dead Pedal.jpg

I can easily recommend all of these items. All made well, quick shipped and fair prices.
I have the same pedal (albeit with a red Si emblem) and also purchased the same screen protector. May have to have you come out and apply my second one because I couldn't get all of the bubbles out:oops:

websitesdown

First Name
Bee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI , 2023 Civic Sport
Country flag
Here she is finished. Chrome delete on doors, civic removed in back. H in chrome on back delete black, H in front chrome delete blue, the top blacked out. $375

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) copy5 - Copy

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) copy3 - Copy

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) copy1 - Copy

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) copy4

Last edited:

jayman84

First Name
Jamey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 PWP Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Right? The bay looks so much better. I have the engine cover too (plastic red/fake carbon fiber), and even picked up the earthdreams badge to stick on it, but I am unsure if I like it. Sometimes I think it looks like cheap junk on the engine, other times it looks like it really cleans it up even more. Still undecided I guess.

I think the dealer, or at least the guy I talked to, didn't want to admit fault. I didn't catch it for a couple days after I brought it in though, and they supposedly didn't do anything to that part of the car... strange.

It was my last free oil change, so I doubt I will go back, probably just handle everything myself moving forward. Next spring I will be voiding much of the warranty under the hood anyways.
I'm going to buy a set of them as well here soon just to help clean it up a little. I was hesitant on the engine cover as i heard they trap some heat in there more and some of them had melted due to these little engines getting so hot (my garage smells of hot plastic like crazy after parking from the drive home on the highway). I also thought they looked a little too cheap looking as well.

I'm right there with you on voiding the warranty probably next year once I get some more mods on the engine and get a tune. Didn't want to do it right off the bat to make sure there wasn't any issues with the car for the first year or so.

jayman84

First Name
Jamey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It took me 2 months of checking everyday
till they came in stock and another month until the side skirts were shipped. They were so difficult to get but in the end it is worth it IMO
Guess that's what i'll have to do as well then. I've thought about mixing and matching but I want to make sure they are all carbon fiber if I go that route versus the bayson r style. I'm hoping they start supplying the rear one in carbon soon also.

WF19

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Here she is finished. Chrome delete on doors, civic removed in back. H in chrome on back delete black, H in front chrome delete blue, the top blacked out. $375

copy5 - Copy.jpg

copy3 - Copy.jpg

copy1 - Copy.jpg

copy4.jpg
Okay, I'm probably never gonna do this and the chrome trim doesn't really bother me but damn yours looks nice.

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm going to buy a set of them as well here soon just to help clean it up a little. I was hesitant on the engine cover as i heard they trap some heat in there more and some of them had melted due to these little engines getting so hot (my garage smells of hot plastic like crazy after parking from the drive home on the highway). I also thought they looked a little too cheap looking as well.

I'm right there with you on voiding the warranty probably next year once I get some more mods on the engine and get a tune. Didn't want to do it right off the bat to make sure there wasn't any issues with the car for the first year or so.
On one hand, I hate that I have 36k on my 2019 civic... But on the other hand my warranty is now up anyways aside from powertrain so I tuned up and well let's just say I'm not going back :cool: How many miles do you have though? It seems like just about every case of something breaking while tuned has been resolved under warranty if it still is in effect.

They tried to sell me the extended warranty... Like no, if I'm going to break anything you wouldn't cover it with the terms of that warranty LOL.

jayman84

First Name
Jamey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
On one hand, I hate that I have 36k on my 2019 civic... But on the other hand my warranty is now up anyways aside from powertrain so I tuned up and well let's just say I'm not going back :cool: How many miles do you have though? It seems like just about every case of something breaking while tuned has been resolved under warranty if it still is in effect.

They tried to sell me the extended warranty... Like no, if I'm going to break anything you wouldn't cover it with the terms of that warranty LOL.
Yeah that's around where i'd like to be before I start but i'm guessing I won't last that long. Mine only has 650 miles on it lol so I have a while before i get to those numbers. I generally only average like 15k a year but that's during normal work week so right now i'm only going in 3 days a week so it will probably only be like 10k a year until COVID is gone.

I'm old enough now where i wouldn't go out there and blast off from every stop light to redline so I don't foresee anything going wrong but you never know. I mainly just want some more power/sound & eliminate rev hang so nothing too crazy. If I could get up to about 240-250hp i'd be happy. If something did happen and I knew I was babying the car I would flash to stock and take off mods before I took it in and try my luck. I'd venture a guess you could probably get away with it 75% of the time without many questions unless they see you've flashed your ECU like 20 times and the car was only a year or two old.

kimtyson

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Blue Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have the same pedal (albeit with a red Si emblem) and also purchased the same screen protector. May have to have you come out and apply my second one because I couldn't get all of the bubbles out:oops:
I'd love to visit NV but you'd have to pay for the plane tickets. lol
I have some experience applying screen protectors on phones so that might be an advantage for me. Here is how I did it.
Clean the screen of dirt, smudges, and dust. Test fit the protector so you know where things should line up. Peel the right side of the protector (the side opposite the buttons) about 1/4 of the way and line it up (side, top and bottom). Apply the screen saver little by little as you peel back the protective covering, and smooth the protector as you go. If you get a bubble just peel it back and smooth it out. Continue this until you get to the left side. Then ensure you smooth out any remaining bubbles.
Take your time. I found this Tuff Protector to be somewhat forgiving and easy for me to apply with no bubbles. Good luck.
Sponsored