Were You Able to Buy the Color You Initially Wanted?

When you bought your Si, were you trying to find a different color back then?

• I was hoping for white

Votes: 23 11.2%
  • I was hoping for silver

Votes: 7 3.4%
  • I was hoping for grey

Votes: 16 7.8%
  • I was hoping for black

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I was hoping for blue

Votes: 26 12.6%
  • I was hoping for red

Votes: 12 5.8%
  • I was hoping for green/yellow

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • I bought my preferred color

Votes: 117 56.8%

• Total voters
OP
OP
Drake

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Black might be the best sleeper color for the Si, especially in sedan form. Hides the fake vents better and looks upscale with the contrasting chrome pieces.
Sponsored

MutatedMango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Si FC3
Country flag
Black might be the best sleeper color for the Si, especially in sedan form. Hides the fake vents better and looks upscale with the contrasting chrome pieces.
Yeah black is the only color the chrome pieces/wheels actually look remotely nice with. On other colors it just looks cheap and out of place, especially on the 2020's as that chrome piece is the only chrome on the outside of the car barring the Honda logos since the wheels are updated.

Prelude2CivicX

First Name
Louie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T 6 Speed M/T, 2018 Honda Civic Si, 2018 Honda Accord Sport, 1997 Lexus SC300
Country flag
Yeah black is the only color the chrome pieces/wheels actually look remotely nice with. On other colors it just looks cheap and out of place, especially on the 2020's as that chrome piece is the only chrome on the outside of the car barring the Honda logos since the wheels are updated.
Yeah on the 2020 Si there’s too much chrome going on. But they got the LED headlights those bastards! Lol.

I agree but man do I love that WOP Si. Lol. Pearl Black is a pain in the ass to maintain clean though but it looks awesome when shiny and clean.

icemansi

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2009 Fit Sport
Country flag
I wanted a ‘19 black sedan and they had a grey one but didn’t want Grey. So had to wait a month for one to be built and delivered to me.

Honda Civic 10th gen Were You Able to Buy the Color You Initially Wanted? 0C84DB46-57CC-40C1-B378-6043AD075ABE

Itsawgood

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic si energy green
Country flag
In West Virginia now, came in from Texas last weekend and heading back home this weekend it's a fun fun ride on the highway can't wait to get back in and head home.

Honda Civic 10th gen Were You Able to Buy the Color You Initially Wanted? IMG_20191123_063832

SteezySI

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I wanted black, but the dealer I went to only had the sedan. Functionally, the sedan is the better move, but aesthetically I liked the coupe a lot more. The dealership was able to get one for me from a dealership nearby in about a week for no additional charge

JCramin

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan- Daughter 2012 Civic Coupe - Son 1999 Civic Coupe
Country flag
I told my salesman I wanted I wanted a white Si sedan. I have purchased several cars from this salesman so he knew I knew what I wanted. Ive purchased a dozen from this dealer. My dealer had no Si in stock. The closest white sedan was 300 miles away and there where 4 all about 300 miles away. The new sales manager told my salesman to sell me the black one that they were getting in in about 3 weeks.

SO my sales came to me and asked me what my 2nd choice of color was and I said WHITE. He said he knew that BUT his sales manager wanted him to ask.

It took a few days for them to make a trade with a dealer that had the car and get it to me.

J

MutatedMango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Si FC3
Country flag
I agree but man do I love that WOP Si. Lol. Pearl Black is a pain in the ass to maintain clean though but it looks awesome when shiny and clean.[/QUOTE]

I think a good compromise between the "sleeper sedan" look and having a black car is the modern steel metallic. Almost never looks dirty and still does a good job of hiding the vents on the sedan etc.

Erin Tyres

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-T
Country flag
I owned my Civic for several months before I saw Energy Green, and it looked really good to me. I would like to have that color, but it is only available on other trims, not the plain sedan.
Also, since I bought my 2018 sedan in early 2019, and because I insisted on manual transmission, there was only one color to choose from -- Modern Steel Metallic.

WF19

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan Aegean Blue Metallic; 2003 Pontiac Vibe (just sold)
Country flag
I had my choices for an Si narrowed down to blue, red and gray. There were no Si's available here in Las Vegas so I was searching in SoCal and Phoenix. The Aegean Blue was my first choice, and after seeing one drive by when I was still shopping, I knew that for me it was the only choice. It's not that I don't like the other colors, but I didn't want to settle. I just knew that if I bought an Si in a different color I'd feel pangs of regret every time I saw a blue one.

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si, 2006 Saab 9-3 Aero
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I originally wanted blue, but the day before I seen a white coupe and I changed my mind. After buying white I doubted my choice for a few months but now I'm very happy with white and glad I went that way.

Shoebox_Civic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe, 2007 350Z, 1990 Skyline GT-R
Country flag
it's funny how in 2018/2019 WHITE was hard to come by, now at the end of 2020 you can't find them in anything other than black, white, or lunar silver.

I had to drive an hour to get my Aegean coupe (and all of the dealers closer were completely cleaned out of coupes and had been for 6-8 weeks by the time I bought)

_1slowsi_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Si
Country flag
i wanted a sedan at first.... silver to be exact! they had no sedans in stock... My salesman (cousin) aha was like test drive this black coupe... i honestly did not want black so i had 3 choices black , white , and blue .... my buddie got his white coupe si 2 days before me so i didn't want white... the blue si coupe was in my opinion with the so called aftermarket wheels where ugly! so black won! and tbh this will be my last black car! hard to maintain clean.. love it but never again lol

letsgoMINAJE

First Name
Minaje
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CBP Si Sedan
Country flag
I waited a week for the specific dealership I went to to receive a 2020 Black sedan Si. I could've had literally ANY other color...At the time, according to multiple dealerships I was sourcing, there were only 5 in the state according to Honda's inventory, mostly due to Covid. Glad I waited because I love my car.

Edit: TO MY FELLOW OWNERS WHO HAVE A BLACK CAR, I invested in a subscription at one of my local car washes. $40/month, wash as many times as I want. Well worth it since black is hard af to keep clean.
Sponsored