If all were an option, which Si would you choose?

Si Coupe, Sedan, or Hatch? (assuming any of these end up being an option)

• Total voters

DavidJBrooks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Accord Sedan 6-6, 2008 Honda Pilot
Country flag
Again I state, I want the Si to come in hatch as well. So right now it's as cut and dry, and as black and white, as a 50/50 chance of either yes or no.
As I've said before, if we're going to ignore the speculation of journalists and armchair "experts", the Si sedan falls into the same category - there has been no official specific confirmation of either the sedan or the hatch.

All we know is that a CTR hatch is coming, and we've seen an Si coupe. Other than that, everything else is just conjecture.

BakedTuna

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Civic Si EP3
Happen to have a source? I agree that this seems most likely, but I'm looking for something solid to hang my opinion on...
They say "Honda says", but never tell us where or when Honda says/said it. Was it in a private interview they held with a representative? They never mention anything about interviewing a rep. Was it a press release we all missed? Surely someone here would have combed through that information at some point. Was it the authors ass?

Seems like the last option is the most likely. Taking an online authors words at face value is a pretty stupid thing to do if they don't have a source for the words they are saying.
Why is the last option most likely? At least to you why is it most likely? And I am not basing my claim that there will be a hatch Si on any magazine or web site statements.

DavidJBrooks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Accord Sedan 6-6, 2008 Honda Pilot
Country flag
@BakedTuna

To me, it being "most likely" was based on the lack of solid evidence and the fact that Honda has left enthusiasts (in the US at least) out to dry in the past - and a bit of "hope for the best but prepare for the worst" sentiment.

When the hatch lineup came out and the "sport" had the dual exhausts and the "Si" look, I feared the worst re: the Si hatch - but then I looked at the lineup logically and considered it from a business perspective, and it looks like there is a deliberate hole being left for the Si hatch. Once they dropped the EX with the 6MT, it became even more clear - and considering that it would cost Honda practically nothing extra in R&D, certification or transportation to build an Si hatch, it'd be money left on the table if they don't release it.

Even though it seems most logical to assume we'll see an Si hatch, though, I'm not getting my hopes up until I get something more official.

dawsonj87

First Name
Dawson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Civic EX Coupe, 2001 Honda CB250
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't think there's any contradiction - C&D is saying that the new hatch [in the normal and "sport" trims that will be released first] will be sporty, but not Si or CTR sporty - and then follows up by saying that the Si Hatch and CTR hatch are under development and will show up later.

It's absolutely too early to make definite calls, but C&D appears to be stating unequivocally, both here and in the coverage of the Si coupe mule, that the Si hatch is coming.
Ah I see now. Thanks for the clarification!

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
@BakedTuna

To me, it being "most likely" was based on the lack of solid evidence and the fact that Honda has left enthusiasts (in the US at least) out to dry in the past - and a bit of "hope for the best but prepare for the worst" sentiment.

When the hatch lineup came out and the "sport" had the dual exhausts and the "Si" look, I feared the worst re: the Si hatch - but then I looked at the lineup logically and considered it from a business perspective, and it looks like there is a deliberate hole being left for the Si hatch. Once they dropped the EX with the 6MT, it became even more clear - and considering that it would cost Honda practically nothing extra in R&D, certification or transportation to build an Si hatch, it'd be money left on the table if they don't release it.

Even though it seems most logical to assume we'll see an Si hatch, though, I'm not getting my hopes up until I get something more official.
I agree there's a huge gap between 6MT Sport and CTR that implies an Si hatch. Honda knows the 5 door will be possibly its top seller in the enthusiast market, that's why the CTR is 5 doors, and why it would make no sense to have an Si sedan and coupe, and no hatch.
Sponsored