If all were an option, which Si would you choose?

Si Coupe, Sedan, or Hatch? (assuming any of these end up being an option)

• Total voters

BigBang09

nsbryant09
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT (Former: 2004 Mustang V6, 2008 Civic LX)
I'd prefer a CTR Coupe but I know that's not happening.

coopermidnight

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think one of the gripes about the CivicX hatch (from those who actually like hatches) is that it's a 5-door, so I'm surprised 3-door isn't in the poll options.

With that said, coupe all the way.

serif

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
9G Accord V6 Slushbox Sedan
Based on the market and preferences around these parts, you're going to get a very disappointed majority picking the hatch, which Honda has stated they are not making. Hell, I voted for it.

DavidJBrooks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Accord Sedan 6-6, 2008 Honda Pilot
Country flag
Based on the market and preferences around these parts, you're going to get a very disappointed majority picking the hatch, which Honda has stated they are not making. Hell, I voted for it.
When and where did Honda say they're not making the hatch Si? If you've got any evidence for that, I'd love to see it even if it's a disappointment.

I've not seen any official word from Honda on this, and more than one big car mag is on record saying a 5 door Si is on the way.

serif

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
9G Accord V6 Slushbox Sedan
When and where did Honda say they're not making the hatch Si? If you've got any evidence for that, I'd love to see it even if it's a disappointment.

I've not seen any official word from Honda on this, and more than one big car mag is on record saying a 5 door Si is on the way.
I misspoke: Honda has not officially stated it, but they have implied it. Every variant of the Civic X released so far has been explicitly announced ahead of time, followed by "spy shots", with no surprises. The sedan, coupe, and hatch have all been announced, spy shots released, then come out in succession as expected. Honda has further announced an Si Coupe and an Si Sedan, and stated that the Type R will be a hatch. There have been "spy shots" (I put this in quotes because I think they're staged, but that could just be me) of the Si Coupe and the Type-R hatch, but no such appearance of an Si hatch (or sedan, for that matter, but I expect those soon).

Additionally, there was an implication on here that the hatch's Sport trim in Europe could be equivalent to the Si in North America. That would make sense given all hatches are being produced in Swindon, so the Si engine would be shipped there for multiple markets. But now that the hatch has been announced with Sport trims using the standard 1.5T, it stands to reason that there won't be an Si equivalent in Europe. Honda likely wouldn't ship a drivetrain for a low-volume single-market trim to Swindon.

But I do really hope this is wrong and they surprise us with an Si hatch, hence me voting for it here. The press shots and announcement of the European hatch has me envious, with its available multi-mode dampers, full Honda Sensing with radar cruise control available with the manual, adjustable goddamn headrests, and other small touches missing from the US hatch. These would fit in really well with the Si going up against the GTI, so I'm really hopeful they've just left them off the standard hatch to reserve them for an Si (or Si GT, as some are hoping for as well) hatch. Time will tell.

DavidJBrooks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Accord Sedan 6-6, 2008 Honda Pilot
Country flag
Honda has not announced an Si sedan or coupe. I'm a pessimist who believes that you're probably right, but the fact is that we've had no indication at all one way or another - everything is guesses and conjecture.

Right now, the odds of an Si hatch are exactly the same as the odds of an Si sedan.

BakedTuna

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Civic Si EP3
While I cannot say how I know there will be a hatch Si here is a quote from a Car and Driver article "Honda says that there will be sportier versions of the hatch, namely the Si and the Type R, both of which arrive later in the 2017 model year"

Here is the link the quote is from the last paragraph.

Bananaboy0820

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E46 M, C117
While I cannot say how I know there will be a hatch Si here is a quote from a Car and Driver article "Honda says that there will be sportier versions of the hatch, namely the Si and the Type R, both of which arrive later in the 2017 model year"

Whoa, that's news to me! I seem to recall on the 'Future Vehicles' page in the tell me more section, when just the Civic Concept was first announced, they listed the Civic Si in both coupe and sedan, the sedan, the coupe, the hatch, and the Type-R hatch.

I've been under the impression that there will be no hatch Si but would welcome it. Decisions decisions

dawsonj87

First Name
Dawson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Civic EX Coupe, 2001 Honda CB250
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

The article also says, "It won’t quite be an Si, and neither will it be a flame-spitting Type R; both models are under development with more power, tauter handling, and other performance enhancements." So I'm confused on the matter. Car and Driver seems to contradict themselves here. I still think it's too early to make any definite calls; I'm sure Honda will have news as soon as they can. They're just as excited about the new generation as we are, and their engineers are busting their humps for us. We gotta remember, they're people too!
Sponsored