What would your next vehicle be if you were to move on?

Liberal

First Name
Liberal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si
I love my Si. So only upgrades for me to consider (which is not realistic atm) would be Tesla Model 3 or 6, Porsche 911, 2021 LE CTR, or some AWD sleeper. But I really do love my Si, she's going to be quite costly to buy after lease is up considering the amount of km's she'll have but I don't care, Sophi is my girl ? ?
Sponsored

Deleted member 40377

I have really fallen for the new Alfa Giulia, a sweet looking design and some nicely fast options in the Quadrifoglio.

Liberal

First Name
Liberal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si
I have really fallen for the new Alfa Giulia, a sweet looking design and some nicely fast options in the Quadrifoglio.
That's one sweet looking ride ?

Boni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I followed this thread but never updated anything. I ended up selling my Si a year ago. Ended up with a Miata RF GT ND2 and sold it some months ago. Getting a Veloster N next unless something goes wrong in inspection. I wanted something better than the Si and that proved a bit harder than I thought it would be. Here are some of the cars I test drove:

WRX STI: was not a fan, car and transmission felt weird. Could be that particular car but imo the Si was a better ride.

Accord V6: Had high hopes but the steering felt so heavy, did the auto and not manual.

WRX with CVT: The CVT is so distracting from what should be a great car.

Focus ST: Honestly, I should had gotten one due to the practicality I needed (OTD was less than an SI and it had the recaros) but I could not get over how BAD the interior was. The Si walked all over it. The car handled phenomenally.

GTI: Honestly, this car would had been a steal if you got it during dieselgate with the massive discounts. Unfortunately today, 28k for a 2018 SE is just not worth it. Great car, would only get it if it's below 24k. The car drives like a dream and the dsg is second to none in its category. If you don't want a stick, get this.

Stinger Premium: Fantastic handling, acceleration was fine for its size. It's practical and great if you need to move people or stuff around but it definitely needed more HP which the GT2 provides but at 35k+ I would just go with a Type r.

Mazda 3 Turbo: The torque is phenomenal, it really makes the car fun. Otherwise the handling is tame, they really wanted to make a decent all around daily car which it absolutely is. The transmission is fine but I really wish it was more reactive to shifting as the GTI is. The interior is second to none for the premium plus. I would had gotten this but even used it was a bit out of my price range.

Jetta GLI: I was disappointed in this car. I drove the base which may have made the difference but even the stick just felt meh. It doesn't help that I drove a Miata right before it.

Miata ND2: Wow, if you do not have a second car or need the practicality do NOT test drive one. It will make any other car just not as fun. The top down experience cannot be matched and driving on the twisties is just so much fun. That said the car imo is not good for everyday driving, it's too low and will hurt your back with the transmission. I sold mine because it was not practical at all and driving in the winters was scary. I would love to get one used in 10 years maybe.

Veloster N with PP: I did not expect to like this car giving it a second chance. My first time, I drove it on a small highway, no twisties. Honestly, I should had gotten it but at the time could not afford the down payment. This car was fun, the tires were phenomenal, the sounds and movements of the car are just amazing. The interior sucks, the Si is so much better in that department but like the Si, it can be modded. I like the looks which some may not, it's not for everyone.

Ultimately, I miss my Si. I wish I wouldn't had sold it and just modded it a bit more. It is a very underrated car for the price. You will not find anything similar or better at the price. The Veloster N was a bargain until they raised the price and it's so rare that you will not find one for less than 34k new. The Elantra N will probably be the same. I wish I would had gotten a Type R instead of my Si but it is what it is. I never test driven a Type R or Golf R but can't afford any either way. My advice is that unless you can afford to look at more expensive cars, just get some summer tires and a tsp tune and be happy with what you got. Maybe get a used miata as a second car after you pay off the Si.

Bonus:Other cars I tried:

Jeep wrangler: Too tall for me and ride was too rough.
CX5 Turbo: Just like the Mazda 3, the torque is fun!
S60 T5: Fantastic engine and torque, great interior, boring af driving
XC40: actually more fun than I thought it would be. Fantastic interior.
Crosstrek: Not a bad ride but overpriced, even with 182HP it's not fun.
2021 outback: ended up leasing one and it's a fantastic car, just not Si fun.
Tiguan: it's alright.

CivicSiNJ

First Name
Hampsen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Love my 2018 coupe but recently have been liking the tacoma man. Soon I'll sell my coupe and move on to the truck gang..

MorrisGray

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazda3 5sp manual, 2012 Genesis sedan
Country flag
I am ready to buy and am anxiously awaiting the new SI to look at. Also will consider the Mazda3 Hatchback Premium to get a manual transmission and the new Elantra "N" with manual. I might consider the new Civic Sport Touring Hatchback with the manual also.

FK7_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan, 2015 Acura MDX Elite
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Only car I’d get over my current Si is if the new Acura integra has a 6speed (which was just confirmed:drive:) and SH-AWD. I’d be more than happy if they kept the same L15b7 for the great gas mileage and tuneability. I’m hoping for it to be priced in Canadian $38,000-$40,000ish. Otherwise I’m keeping the Si for the long haul.

Spartan-033

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Sport (6MT)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Hmm depends really.

Something with a stick: GT86 or BRZ
Something like a hatch: GTI
Something sporty and Japanese: Toyota Camry TRD
Something American and “loud”: Camaro
Something European and fun: Mini Cooper
Something to spend an insane amount of money on: Porsche GT3 RS
<3

Average Joeee

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Mazda Speed 3, WRX/STI , Focus RS, Type R and if I werent to get another car, Tacoma or a diesel ford..

04sthemi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI, 2004 Dodge Ram 1500
Country flag
BOOK IT

Honda Civic 10th gen What would your next vehicle be if you were to move on? 1E22DDC6-3271-438E-A75A-4E351A8D22E4

bscags

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Don't think I'll ever move on from the coupe. I don't plan on having kids and I don't haul people around too much (not that the backseat is that small) it was a huge upgrade from my 2002 Miata in terms of power, handling and space. If I were able to ever move on it would be for a 2021 Toyota GR Yaris. Man, that thing is sexy, has 2600 HP, manual, and AWD. Only problem is I would want one LHD so I would most likely get one from Mexico. Only 300 were shipped there tho and all got bought up the same day released so probably mighty costly. My next car has to be a 2 door. Never felt attracted to any 4 door cars.

bscags

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
YOUCH just checked prices and they are going for $50-$60K

20ABM06MT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Si
Country flag
No current plans to move on... though now that the Integra has been confirmed to be offered w a 6MT I might be very tempted... Would want to maintain or improve power to weight... so we will see...
Sponsored