First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
Michael, I learned a lot from reading your thread. A couple of questions:

1. Why did you go for the APR GT-250 instead of the GTC-300? Were you concerned the airfoil would generate a lot of downforce? I'm debating between the GT-250 vs GTC-300 (or the Voltex 2V).
  2. The last time you mentioned the Eventuri intake in this thread you said it heat-soaked. And you had the same experience with the PRL intake. Do you think it's worth the upgrade, or staying with the stock intake is the safest bet to avoid excessive heat?
i didn’t need the extra downforce from the 3D wing. I just needed something low downforce and low drag.

Any intake will heat soak. It’s just how the car is packaged… The Eventuri did provide noticeable gains in power. You can refer back to the dyno sheet I posted a while back. It is a lot of money spent for little gain so most people will be fine with the stock intake box + high flow filter
Sponsored

Vaporeon

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Civic Type R
Country flag
Michael, I learned a lot from reading your thread. A couple of questions:

1. Why did you go for the APR GT-250 instead of the GTC-300? Were you concerned the airfoil would generate a lot of downforce? I'm debating between the GT-250 vs GTC-300 (or the Voltex 2V).
  2. The last time you mentioned the Eventuri intake in this thread you said it heat-soaked. And you had the same experience with the PRL intake. Do you think it's worth the upgrade, or staying with the stock intake is the safest bet to avoid excessive heat?
I'd also like to know about Voltex 2v vs Type 5! Between the two myself

OP
OP
Lust

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
I'd also like to know about Voltex 2v vs Type 5! Between the two myself
Type 5 is huge compared to the 2v. You’d probably want a decent size front splitter to balance it out.

Vaporeon

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Type 5 is huge compared to the 2v. You’d probably want a decent size front splitter to balance it out.
I am wanting to get something like the Racebred / Battleaero, but I don't want something that needs drilling into the cars supports...

hesitation

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 FK8 // 2007 AP2
Country flag
good luck getting a Type 5 lol. its like 3.5k and extra long JDM wait time if you can even order it.

also if you are going to seriously track your car i would not really advise battleaero. racebred chassis mount splitter is a great choice and the oem rear wing seems to be fine paired with it

Vaporeon

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
good luck getting a Type 5 lol. its like 3.5k and extra long JDM wait time if you can even order it.

also if you are going to seriously track your car i would not really advise battleaero. racebred chassis mount splitter is a great choice and the oem rear wing seems to be fine paired with it
Actually found one BNIB locally here for 4k CAD, and I'll look into the racebred > Battleaero, any suggestions on other brands?

REDRAGN

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag

Sam3

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CW CTR
Country flag
i didn’t need the extra downforce from the 3D wing. I just needed something low downforce and low drag.

I'm about to pull the trigger on the GT-250. Any learnings to share about AoA on various tracks/situations or finding bolt solution so that it cannot be easily stolen from a parking lot?

Last edited:

OP
OP
Lust

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
I'm about to pull the trigger on the GT-250. Any learnings to share about AoA on various tracks/situations or finding bolt solution so that it cannot be easily stolen from a parking lot?
0 AOA and order security bolts

Glassjaw121986

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda civic si
Country flag
Thanks. Also wanted to say that the kzCMC clutch master cylinder with AC Delco Synchromesh is a game changer; I'm glad I waited for it.
How did you get your master cylinder bro? I've been checking the site for almost a year now and it's out of stock permanently it seems. And what exactly is done to them? Are they just oem master cylinders with the Delay valve removed?

Back2Honda

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2004 Subaru Wrx STI, 2004 Infinity G35
Country flag
How did you get your master cylinder bro? I've been checking the site for almost a year now and it's out of stock permanently it seems. And what exactly is done to them? Are they just oem master cylinders with the Delay valve removed?
Just call them he always has them in stock, if not he’ll build it. He keeps stock slave cylinders to modify. I initially contacted him on IG.

Glassjaw121986

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda civic si
Country flag
Just call them he always has them in stock, if not he’ll build it. He keeps stock slave cylinders to modify. I initially contacted him on IG.
Thanks for the info bro. I tried emails for 10 months, 7 IG messages with zero response. I finally contacted Unity Performance and they sold me one that day. I wish I did more digging to begin with. He said he always has them but Google doesn't show them as a site that has them when you search. I could have had one month's ago lol. Did you do the SS clutch line when you installed yours?

Back2Honda

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2004 Subaru Wrx STI, 2004 Infinity G35
Country flag
Thanks for the info bro. I tried emails for 10 months, 7 IG messages with zero response. I finally contacted Unity Performance and they sold me one that day. I wish I did more digging to begin with. He said he always has them but Google doesn't show them as a site that has them when you search. I could have had one month's ago lol. Did you do the SS clutch line when you installed yours?
I was just there a couple weeks ago. Eman installed a new organic twin disc X Clutch that replaced a Clutch Masters ceramic twin disc that the hydraulic throw out bearing was leaking and not holding pressure. He had to order a new clutch fork, oem hard lines, and his modified cmc. A few weeks earlier he installed the PPG 1-5 gearset in my R. I had the PRL stailnless clutch line when I was still on a stock tranny but the guy who installed the Clutch cmc never gave back PRL stainless line.
Sponsored