Bigboss

First Name
King
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 civic sport hatchback cvt
Country flag
Hi guys so I have a 2021 sport hatch cvt and im looking into adding just a couple preformance mods i will list below cuase i know these cars are capable of more power.

27won cold air race MAF intake
27won turbo inlet pipe
27won downpipe

my question is I will need to buy a special tune becuase ktuner base maps wont work with the race MAF, so should i get a custom tune or go with something like a phearable tune online? I just want all my mods to run smoothly and efficiently and a tune that i never have to worry about or change becuase after these mods i will not do anything further to the car
Sponsored

OP
OP
Bigboss

Bigboss

First Name
King
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Si, 19 Accord 2.0T, 23 Type R
Country flag

rwk226

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 BMW 535xi N55
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I would definitely check out what TSP has. TSP and Phearable both have great tunes. But with those mods you could technically go get custom tuned and have great effect there, too. Maybe if you do downpipe and buy a Flex Fuel kit, that'll be reason enough to go custom tuned. Otherwise either TSP or Phearable tunes will work fine here.

OP
OP
Bigboss

Bigboss

First Name
King
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I would definitely check out what TSP has. TSP and Phearable both have great tunes. But with those mods you could technically go get custom tuned and have great effect there, too. Maybe if you do downpipe and buy a Flex Fuel kit, that'll be reason enough to go custom tuned. Otherwise either TSP or Phearable tunes will work fine here.
do you know if theres any problems with tsp like you cant use cruise control or lane assist when you have the tune?

rwk226

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 BMW 535xi N55
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
do you know if theres any problems with tsp like you cant use cruise control or lane assist when you have the tune?
As far as I'm aware, you retain all those features with any OTS / Off The Shelf tune, regardless of whether it's TSP's or Phearable's, or a custom tune for that matter. While I have no experience with TSP's tune (but I do have EXCELLENT experience with their customer support, and that's who you should go talk to), I do use Phearable's 1.5R tune since I bought my Ktuner from them, and I've had no issues with the tune. I know plenty of people use TSP's tune and are very happy.

TyresseX

First Name
Tyresse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic hatchback sport
Country flag
you cant use cruise control if you get a ktuner???

OP
OP
Bigboss

Bigboss

First Name
King
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
[/QUOTEi heard something like that with the tsp tune that what im trying to find out

TyresseX

First Name
Tyresse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic hatchback sport
Country flag
It better not be! because i was looking into buying phearable anyways just wanted to make sure.

OP
OP
Bigboss

Bigboss

First Name
King
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It better not be! because i was looking into buying phearable anyways just wanted to make sure.
If you find out something let me know lol

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nope, you can still use cruise/lane assist and other sensing functions still work perfectly fine.

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Si, 19 Accord 2.0T, 23 Type R
Country flag
Definitely false information. With a proper tune you will not lose any functionality. In fact, KTuner adds several new features to your driving experience.

phearable

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Tuner
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.phearable.net
Vehicle(s)
Tuner
Country flag
If you want to tune it and forget it. Don’t get the race maf.

https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/is-a-custom-tune-needed-with-race-maf.48584/
Correct, review https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/27won-street-or-race.58647/

The 27won Race MAF housing is larger then it needs to be which can contribute to unstable/inconsistent fuel trims.

A larger maf housing is capable of moving more air but the resolution during lower air flow (idle and light throttle) is reduced due to the larger size.

When using such a large maf housing you can achieve slightly more consistent fuel trims with custom tuning, however the results won't be as good as the results you would see with a smaller maf housing.

With that being said, you can use an off the shelf tune like phearable stage 1.5 with the race maf housing.

Check our reviews on our stage 1.5 and stage 1.5 race tunes:
https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/gtmans-phearable-1-5-non-si-versus-tsp-1-non-si-review.59796/
https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/official-phearable-stage-1-5-vs-tsp-stage-1-comparison.50887/

phearable

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Tuner
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.phearable.net
Vehicle(s)
Tuner
Country flag
Youcan still use cruise control with Ktuner and a phearable tune.
Sponsored