Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
I just realized the torque tables for gears 1 and 2 are exactly the same as the factory for the Hondata E25 map. Has anyone enabled full torque for 1-2 and noticed it was too much?

Also, does the Hondata traction control only work when VSA is off?

OP
OP
kefi

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I just realized the torque tables for gears 1 and 2 are exactly the same as the factory for the Hondata E25 map. Has anyone enabled full torque for 1-2 and noticed it was too much?

Also, does the Hondata traction control only work when VSA is off?
Yeah, the 'full power 1st and 2nd' mods bring those up. I personally use full power in 1st and 2nd, but some people don't. It's a matter of preference on how aggressive (wheel-spinny) you want your launches to be.

Hondata traction control works in tandem with VSA - it'll engage before the VSA does but if it doesn't do enough the factory VSA will still kick in.

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
Yeah, the 'full power 1st and 2nd' mods bring those up. I personally use full power in 1st and 2nd, but some people don't. It's a matter of preference on how aggressive (wheel-spinny) you want your launches to be.

Hondata traction control works in tandem with VSA - it'll engage before the VSA does but if it doesn't do enough the factory VSA will still kick in.
what happens when you hold VSA button and turn it off? Does Hondata traction still kick in?

OP
OP
kefi

kefi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
what happens when you hold VSA button and turn it off? Does Hondata traction still kick in?
Yes. If enabled in the tune, Hondata traction control is always active UNLESS you have cruise control on standby (gray cruise control on dash), which temporarily disables it.

It's highly tunable and is datalogged so you can determine exactly when it's kicking in and how much.

Honda Civic 10th gen The FK8 Wiki: Tuning and technical info 1594133662843

nick_takov

First Name
Nikola
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R R-21190
Country flag
I’m glad this thread exists. My car has the PRL Turbo Inlet Pipe, PRL HVI, PRL Intercooler, PRL Intercooler Piping, PRL Front Pipe, RV6 Catless downpipe, and a Remus exhaust system. I gots custom tune a few weeks ago and I was a tad disappointed with the numbers. I’ll attach the three pulls.

CCDE6DBE-3A22-40A4-8896-1F88634E49C7.jpeg

CE17E1B6-F3DB-47DF-A7D5-BD1447A818F8.jpeg

EFDB99A3-0D7C-4842-B477-B150670A06D7.jpeg
I just got custom tuned last week and got similar numbers 330whp/350ftlb with, PRL intercooler, PRL downpipe, PRL front pipe , Remus exhaust and Mishimoto intake , it was stupid hot out here in Chicago , it was like 95f. I also told the tuner not to go crazy with the tune since I daily my car and didnt really care for extra 20-30hp so i was willing to trade little power to be safe. So I think those numbers that you got are little to low with more parts that you got installed.
Im planning to go same route as you with PRL HVI and PRL Inlet Pipe later in the year when it is not as hot and will probably push for more power then.

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
@kefi, awesome, thanks for the response.

I'll end up getting some even stickier tires compared to OEM, so I'll see how the higher torque values work in gears 1-2. Some of the maps aren't as torque limited. Not sure on how Hondata came to those conclusions. For example, look at the 93 full system upgrade flex fuel tune, 2nd gear isn't really limited and is set to '480'.

I noticed some of these Hondata maps are most likely "older". For example, I think some of these maps were created before the rev hang was disabled, as some maps have it enabled and some don't. I'm guessing it wasn't available at the time of those maps.

OP
OP
kefi

kefi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I just got custom tuned last week and got similar numbers 330whp/350ftlb with, PRL intercooler, PRL downpipe, PRL front pipe , Remus exhaust and Mishimoto intake , it was stupid hot out here in Chicago , it was like 95f. I also told the tuner not to go crazy with the tune since I daily my car and didnt really care for extra 20-30hp so i was willing to trade little power to be safe. So I think those numbers that you got are little to low with more parts that you got installed.
Im planning to go same route as you with PRL HVI and PRL Inlet Pipe later in the year when it is not as hot and will probably push for more power then.
Yeah, heat makes dyno runs pointless. If it isn't cooler than 74F outside, I wouldn't even bother with a dyno. It's one thing to be driving around on the street, but sitting on the rollers will guaranteed get you to where the ECU is pulling major power. I was very disappointed with my own dyno results until I realized what happened.

The FK8 is stupidly sensitive to heat and I think I need to clarify that more in the OP. We honestly need some more info on meth injection cause that's starting to look like the way to go..

nick_takov

First Name
Nikola
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R R-21190
Country flag
Yeah, heat makes dyno runs pointless. If it isn't cooler than 74F outside, I wouldn't even bother with a dyno. It's one thing to be driving around on the street, but sitting on the rollers will guaranteed get you to where the ECU is pulling major power. I was very disappointed with my own dyno results until I realized what happened.

The FK8 is stupidly sensitive to heat and I think I need to clarify that more in the OP. We honestly need some more info on meth injection cause that's starting to look like the way to go..
Me too I was thinking it will be closer to 350-360whp and 370-380ftlb but then I realized I picked the worst time for tuning , will do it again some other time and see what she can really do on the numbers . I can tell there is massive difference, and torque curve is much different . So as of now im happy with it :beer:

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag

MoTeC R

Slow For Show
First Name
Smally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 S2000 Roadster, 2019 Civic Type R, 2020 Supra
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
23 is kind of the sweet spot I've found on boost. There are plenty of online tutorials about fine tuning the tables. I need to find an in depth traction control one. I'm sure someone put one on here I haven't found it but my new wheels arrive next week so I will need to know what to look for on the 20x10s.

Saladcannon

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota Tacoma
Country flag
This is an awesome thread!!! Im new to the CTR platform and this is just what I needed! My first performance mod is Hondata but I was thinking what I should do next and I stumbled across this. Thanks @kefi !!!:)

Honda Civic 10th gen The FK8 Wiki: Tuning and technical info IMG_20200620_080914

OP
OP
kefi

kefi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
This is an awesome thread!!! Im new to the CTR platform and this is just what I needed! My first performance mod is Hondata but I was thinking what I should do next and I stumbled across this. Thanks @kefi !!!:)
?

my recommendation: intercooler, then high flow or catless downpipe. Intake whenever you want super dank wooshy noises. Boi howdy is them shits loud.

Status
Not open for further replies.