Hondata FK8 tuning questions

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
I'm pretty familiar with the concept of data logging and reviewing logs on a Subaru WRX DIT platform. I'm interested in learning and optimizing the Hondata FK8 base maps.

To facilitate with the learning process, my plan is to start from a completely stock Fk8 and load the Hondata 93 base map since 93 I have access to 93 octane gas.

My question is, are there opportunities to optimize the factory MAF scale? I compared the Hondata 93 base map and it appears to be the same as the factory. Should I do WOT 3rd data log and review at target AFR and actual AFR and see how close they are? Just trying to learn the fundamentals of tuning without going straight into making power. Per the FlashPro documentation, it looks like adding power to the FK8 platform can be as simple as increasing the torque tables.

Please don't say 'pay for a tuner if you don't know what you're doing'. Everyone needs to start somewhere.

@Hondata
Sponsored

Last edited:

elmerzasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
To tune the MAF you drive for a while with datalogging, then go to advanced graph and plot an averaged afm voltage vs s trim graph in closed loop and correct the AFM settings accordingly.

I personally would recommend at least 30 min of mixed driving to have a representative sample.