Hondata Flashpro Tuning for the FK8 Type R!!

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Neat. Do you know how one might translate a change in tire size to a speed adjustment %? I've found that websites will sometimes give the delta a an absolute number (i.e.- 3 mph high).

Centripetal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 RSX Type S, 2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
Neat. Do you know how one might translate a change in tire size to a speed adjustment %? I've found that websites will sometimes give the delta a an absolute number (i.e.- 3 mph high).
You can use tire size calculator like this one. Click Tire Size Comparison and put the two tire sizes in. The use the Circum (Circumference) percentage calculated.

For example, the stock tire is 245/30 R20 . Switching to 225/45 R18 would be an increase of 0.8%.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
You can use tire size calculator like this one. Click Tire Size Comparison and put the two tire sizes in. The use the Circum (Circumference) percentage calculated.

For example, the stock tire is 245/30 R20 . Switching to 225/45 R18 would be an increase of 0.8%.
Thanks again! Do you know if this Hondata feature affects what is displayed by the car's speedometer, it if it's just used to make some kind of tuning calculations (not sure what those would be, but it seems like it could be a thing lol)?

xplizitremix

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type-R, 07 AP2 S2000
Country flag
@Hondata or anyone in the forums with experience;

Just purchased flashpro in Canada, Ontario.
I believe our fuel here is a bit different compared to what is offered in the states, we have Petro 94 here as the highest octane but I've read that the mix is not reliable, our next best option would be Shell 91.

I wanted to know what would be a safe map to run with the fuel provided;

My current mods are just basic AFE intake, front pipe, AWE exhaust. Do not have DP / Intercooler yet.
Also would like to know what options / sensors would be best to turn on and off as a good start to have a bit of fun.
Some i've seen others do:
1.) Full Throttle shift enabled
2.) Over run thorttle (rev hang) --> disable
3.) Underboost error P0299 ?
4.) Boost Control: Scramble max boost enabled

any info will be appreciated; will be tuning it once all FBO arrive and are installed

eKay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
How to enable valet mode? Just check it on the mod list and then you have to uncheck it to get it out of valet mode?
Sponsored