Hondata Flashpro Tuning for the FK8 Type R!!

Joescivic

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 K20 swapped coupe and 2013 Si coupe
Country flag
Might be answered in the 45 pages, but that's too much. Lol.

My car was last custom tuned in May this year, and I thought the CEL from my catless DP was turned off, but turns out that it wasn't, since checking that box "enables" the code. So I've turned it off now, and uploaded into the Flashpro device, and plugged it into the obd2 port while in Sport mode.

I guess my main question is, does that only upload it in Sport? I know my tuner said when he made the tune on his dyno, that Sport and R have that tune. I dont know if what I just did made it in Sport only. Like do I have to upload it again while in +R?

This makes me feel like I know nothing. Lol
Sponsored

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Might be answered in the 45 pages, but that's too much. Lol.

My car was last custom tuned in May this year, and I thought the CEL from my catless DP was turned off, but turns out that it wasn't, since checking that box "enables" the code. So I've turned it off now, and uploaded into the Flashpro device, and plugged it into the obd2 port while in Sport mode.

I guess my main question is, does that only upload it in Sport? I know my tuner said when he made the tune on his dyno, that Sport and R have that tune. I dont know if what I just did made it in Sport only. Like do I have to upload it again while in +R?

This makes me feel like I know nothing. Lol
calibration has nothing to do with what driving mode you are in.
only thing that differs with driving mode is if you set different torque targets.

Gily

First Name
Gily
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
Hi, new to this tread, is there an option in the hondata tune to have cracks and pops with normal driving?

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
That is sad, how come other cars are doing it without issues? Ford Focus RS, BMW M2, and lots more, its just a fun factor when driving. Thanks
it's done by adjusting fuel over run and retarding ignition timing in order to have combustion occur when the exhaust valves are open.
this presents a few problems. Retarding ignition timing can create high EGTs which can possibly destroy/dmg the catalytic converter, o2 sensors, exhaust valves, etc.

i doubt hondata is going to even bother with it considering this provides no benefit aside from the fun factor for some people when driving.

You can always adjust parameters yourself and see if you can get it to burble though lol.

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
it's done by adjusting fuel over run and retarding ignition timing in order to have combustion occur when the exhaust valves are open.
this presents a few problems. Retarding ignition timing can create high EGTs which can possibly destroy/dmg the catalytic converter, o2 sensors, exhaust valves, etc.

i doubt hondata is going to even bother with it considering this provides no benefit aside from the fun factor for some people when driving.

You can always adjust parameters yourself and see if you can get it to burble though lol.
Isn't retarding ignition timing basically what Hondata traction control does though?

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Isn't retarding ignition timing basically what Hondata traction control does though?
yes but the amount of retard is different and it's only doing for a split second.

A burble tune would be doing it every single time you left off the throttle and for a longer period of time all while injecting more fuel even after pedal release by changing injector over run.
I guess theoretically, if you can keep the retard and amount of fuel to a very minimum, it might not be too detrimental to engine life but it might not pop loud enough for peoples satisfaction.

It's actually beneficial on turbo cars to minimize turbo lag by still having exhaust flow even with the throttle plate closed. That's why you hear rally cars constantly popping. Those cars however, don't really care for engine/turbo longevity but for max time.

Gily

First Name
Gily
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
yes but the amount of retard is different and it's only doing for a split second.

A burble tune would be doing it every single time you left off the throttle and for a longer period of time all while injecting more fuel even after pedal release by changing injector over run.
I guess theoretically, if you can keep the retard and amount of fuel to a very minimum, it might not be too detrimental to engine life but it might not pop loud enough for peoples satisfaction.

It's actually beneficial on turbo cars to minimize turbo lag by still having exhaust flow even with the throttle plate closed. That's why you hear rally cars constantly popping. Those cars however, don't really care for engine/turbo longevity but for max time.
And how about the rest of the cars?? BMW, Aston Martin, ford Focus RS how come they sound good with burbles but not the CTR? By the way Im not looking for loud pops but just for something fun to hear when driving. Thanks

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
then put a catless downpipe, retard ign timing, under deceleration and try it yourself lol.

the burble your hearing is combustion happening a lot later than it should (retarded timing) along with some over run and maybe cam overlap probably. Basically intentionally making the engine misfire upon deceleration.

sounding good is a subjective thing. I personally think the pops and crackles are annoying.

Gily

First Name
Gily
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
I hate this world...
I hate this world...
then put a catless downpipe, retard ign timing, under deceleration and try it yourself lol.

the burble your hearing is combustion happening a lot later than it should (retarded timing) along with some over run and maybe cam overlap probably. Basically intentionally making the engine misfire upon deceleration.

sounding good is a subjective thing. I personally think the pops and crackles are annoying.
I get you, Im just asking because lots of manufacturers do it now as OEM and sound really good (for me) I like the "stock" burble not the too loud cracks and pops. Thanks for the explanation and I will be willing to try if there was a burble tune available.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
I get you, Im just asking because lots of manufacturers do it now as OEM and sound really good (for me) I like the "stock" burble not the too loud cracks and pops. Thanks for the explanation and I will be willing to try if there was a burble tune available.
there are parameters in there for you to do it yourself if you want to. If not, take it to a tuner and ask them for a burble tune.

Ktuner and hondata both has said before that they have no plans of releasing a burble tune.

visualabstrakt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R, 2008 Evo X
Country flag
Sorry if this is a silly question. Regarding the burbles and pops on other cars. I think some cars do this for antilag by firing the combustion into the exhaust instead of the cylinder, keeping the turbo spooling. Can this be done with Hondata safely?

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
There's probably more variation in the tire size between different manufacturers, tire pressure and wear than those two sizes. If you have specific tires in mind then find the manufacturer 'rolling radius' or revs/mile to compare. The sidewall sizes are subject to some variation and revs/mile are more accurate.
But yeah, speedo correction for tire size should not be hard to do, but probably after initial release.
Hello. I just wanted to touch base to see if this is available as a current option in Flashpro Manager. ?
Sponsored