**The Official FK8 Aftermarket Turbo Solutions and Technical Discussion Thread**

ToofHurts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW CTR
Country flag
@speedyserg what tires you using to get that power to the ground? I'm ~ 490WHP and need to reduce boost in 1-3 gears and TC still gets activated. My 1 year old Advan Apex are worthless. I'm looking to upgrade ... just don't know how extreme of a tire is needed to put traction down. 200TW or need those NT01 / R888Rs .... what you running?
Sponsored

OP
OP
AlphaDigital

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
@speedyserg what tires you using to get that power to the ground? I'm ~ 490WHP and need to reduce boost in 1-3 gears and TC still gets activated. My 1 year old Advan Apex are worthless. I'm looking to upgrade ... just don't know how extreme of a tire is needed to put traction down. 200TW or need those NT01 / R888Rs .... what you running?
I think he is on RE71RS's

speedyserg

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type R
Country flag
I can tell you at this torque tires help but your going to blow off everything unless you respect the throttle - I'm back to feeling like I'm on stock turbo e30 response - if I'm harsh on the throttle this baby dances 😆

If you leave on the factory TC it does a damn good job of slowing the response down for the car to put power down on the highway - still a little slip but car just goes. I've been eyeing 295s for a while and a front set of 10.5s to fit them ...Titan will make them if I can get 20 sets pre ordered but I've been lazy 😆 that's alot of wheels to sell/coordinate for me. Basically 40 guys wanting a set of 10.5 fronts to fit 295s/305s .....who knows - maybe there's enough interest now???

Will take some time to adjust my right foot - car spools like an animal and pops like a sniper rifle if I go 100%/shift - not exactly my style as I loved my stock exhaust rocket ship but man - it scares any pleeb who thinks they can play with the car in their 90s Ford Explorer (seriously) 😆 I went wot 1st and grabbed 2nd to speed limit heading home and the guy who was driving like a moron suddenly refused to pass me 😆

Honestly this head port is worth 3x the price as it just opens the car up and let's it breathe like an old school B/K ....if you look at the mid range gains - just incredible on stock cams. RV6 just has the lungs to support the gains with more to come - very happy

OP
OP
AlphaDigital

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
I can tell you at this torque tires help but your going to blow off everything unless you respect the throttle - I'm back to feeling like I'm on stock turbo e30 response - if I'm harsh on the throttle this baby dances 😆

If you leave on the factory TC it does a damn good job of slowing the response down for the car to put power down on the highway - still a little slip but car just goes. I've been eyeing 295s for a while and a front set of 10.5s to fit them ...Titan will make them if I can get 20 sets pre ordered but I've been lazy 😆 that's alot of wheels to sell/coordinate for me. Basically 40 guys wanting a set of 10.5 fronts to fit 295s/305s .....who knows - maybe there's enough interest now???

Will take some time to adjust my right foot - car spools like an animal and pops like a sniper rifle if I go 100%/shift - not exactly my style as I loved my stock exhaust rocket ship but man - it scares any pleeb who thinks they can play with the car in their 90s Ford Explorer (seriously) 😆 I went wot 1st and grabbed 2nd to speed limit heading home and the guy who was driving like a moron suddenly refused to pass me 😆

Honestly this head port is worth 3x the price as it just opens the car up and let's it breathe like an old school B/K ....if you look at the mid range gains - just incredible on stock cams. RV6 just has the lungs to support the gains with more to come - very happy
I cant remember if @b2point0h was doing a group buy on the stig spec ones or not but you may be interested in those.

BrokeCTROwner

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 1999 K20 Integra
Country flag

Titan7 already makes the stig spec ts-5 it’s 18x10.7 I’m running them now with a 285 100tw tire and they hook pretty good. The plan is to move to 305’s if I ever decide to make more power and the 285’s can’t keep up

speedyserg

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type R
Country flag
Titan7 already makes the stig spec ts-5 it’s 18x10.7 I’m running them now with a 285 100tw tire and they hook pretty good. The plan is to move to 305’s if I ever decide to make more power and the 285’s can’t keep up
I'm stock sus and will probably stay that way so from what I understand the 10.7s rub a touch on my setup. The 10.5s would give me a little breathing room and still fit a tire with more meat.
265s still doing their thing tho - car pulls crazy on the highway - the area under the curve went up by 50whp everywhere and is just a monster now 😆 you running NT01s or the CR1s? I've seen a lot of those tires

BrokeCTROwner

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 1999 K20 Integra
Country flag
I'm stock sus and will probably stay that way so from what I understand the 10.7s rub a touch on my setup. The 10.5s would give me a little breathing room and still fit a tire with more meat.
265s still doing their thing tho - car pulls crazy on the highway - the area under the curve went up by 50whp everywhere and is just a monster now 😆 you running NT01s or the CR1s? I've seen a lot of those tires
I’m on stock suspension too yeah and it does rub a bit when the steering wheel is fully turned but other than that it’s good. There’s actually a bit of the suspension you can trim to make them not rub against the wheel and also running a 5mm spacer helps. I’m actually running a budget tire called the Accelera 651 Sport Extra I was pretty skeptical about them at first but for the price I figured they were worth a shot and to my surprise they’re great traction is really good from a 40 and up and they’re great in the rain

aldksgo

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8 R-24920, '14 FB2, '10 Impreza 2.5i
Country flag
Hey everyone,

Been looking into upgrading from the standard stock turbo / fuel / bolt-on setup to something new.

Unfortunately I don't have access to E in my area, and am running 94 currently (Canada).

What range of numbers can I expect?

I'm most likely leaning towards the RV6 660 and at least the XDI HPFP.

At what point do I need injectors, race MAF, drilled line?

Last edited:
OP
OP
AlphaDigital

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
Hey everyone,

Been looking into upgrading from the standard stock turbo / fuel / bolt-on setup to something new.

Unfortunately I don't have access to E in my area, and am running 94 currently (Canada).

What range of numbers can I expect?

I'm most likely leaning towards the RV6 660 and at least the XDI HPFP.

At what point do I need injectors, race MAF, drilled line?
@RV6 can probably provide some info but imo you'll need the drilled line if you go E85, injectors if you start maxing the xdi pump out which is probably in the 500whp range and the race MAF when you upgrade the turbo.

aldksgo

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8 R-24920, '14 FB2, '10 Impreza 2.5i
Country flag
@RV6 can probably provide some info but imo you'll need the drilled line if you go E85, injectors if you start maxing the xdi pump out which is probably in the 500whp range and the race MAF when you upgrade the turbo.
Thanks for that @AlphaDigital . No plans for ethanol ATM, but not out of the question every now and then. Would probably need to get the flexfuel kit for that down the road if that becomes necessary.

I'll probably end up getting injectors anyways, to leave the above as a possibility.

EDIT:

For the drilled line, does the tapering add much of a difference as I'm seeing JSR/FK8TD selling or would drilling it in general just help out anyways?

Last edited:

m_kluch

First Name
Maryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type-R
Country flag
Thanks for that @AlphaDigital . No plans for ethanol ATM, but not out of the question every now and then. Would probably need to get the flexfuel kit for that down the road if that becomes necessary.

I'll probably end up getting injectors anyways, to leave the above as a possibility.

EDIT:

For the drilled line, does the tapering add much of a difference as I'm seeing JSR/FK8TD selling or would drilling it in general just help out anyways?
Based on what I've read, you should taper it. Also, As far as injectors go, my injectors are reaching their limit near redline on stock fuel system, P600 turbo and a drilled line on pump 93. If you're buying the pump then definitely get larger injectors at the same time.

speedyserg

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type R
Country flag
Thanks for that @AlphaDigital .

EDIT:

The taper is for pulse control - pressure spikes. There has been tons of testing to perfect the taper and maximize flow and JSRs lines are dirt cheap. No reason to DIY when it's $125 for a proven line. The stock line becomes an issue around 400whp or so.
Stock injectors will support around there maybe 420ish or so. Any goals above that and you'll need at least a cheap set of 1400s to hold you over to 530-550ish.

For stock motor, stock clutch and stock exhaust a good goal is 520-530ish whp and 430ish wtq ....car is alot of fun and easy on the wallet.

Above that and you will end up in a snowball of upgrading the headgasket, headstuds, clutch, injectors or port injection.

Don't get me wrong - I love my setup but it's not cheap and I know most guys probably don't want to shell out this much money so quickly.

If you don't run ethanol I would look into a single nozzle meth setup or a dialed in direct port like Fk8td.com has. It cools down the charge temps and keeps everything safe. Very easy to make good power and not have any knock even in summer weather/track. Rv6 r660 is the drop in goat IMO ....if your keeping stock motor it's all you'll ever need.
Sponsored