Steering wheel issue , alignment fee bad

First Name
mantap
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic turbo hatchback (asian version of LX)
Country flag
Hey guys, thanks for accepting me... i have 2018 civic EX hatchback (fk4 here in asian),cars only 8.000miles, when i got it from the dealer, the steering wheel is not centered is going to left little bit (when i untouched the steering wheel, then i go slow, it actually quite straight, but when i do 80km/h and up, it just going slight left),

i do my alignment on the outside of the dealership, and it just going worst, so i do the alignment again but in the dealeship, its just the same still left but feel better (not so bad like the first one), the dealership tells me nothing wrong all good, so actually is it defective / normal / its just me feel bothered
Sponsored

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey guys, thanks for accepting me... i have 2018 civic EX hatchback (fk4 here in asian),cars only 8.000miles, when i got it from the dealer, the steering wheel is not centered is going to left little bit (when i untouched the steering wheel, then i go slow, it actually quite straight, but when i do 80km/h and up, it just going slight left),

i do my alignment on the outside of the dealership, and it just going worst, so i do the alignment again but in the dealeship, its just the same still left but feel better (not so bad like the first one), the dealership tells me nothing wrong all good, so actually is it defective / normal / its just me feel bothered
Is the car suspension modified at all like lowering springs?

I had this same exact issue and kept going back and forth with different alignment shops, my car was also slightly turning left at higher speeds and was ok at lower speeds, turns out I just needed camber arms

If your car isn't lowered then could be your tires and uneven tread wear

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Country flag
Not normal, see another dealer or a good aligment shop

OP
OP
First Name
mantap
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Is the car suspension modified at all like lowering springs?

I had this same exact issue and kept going back and forth with different alignment shops, my car was also slightly turning left at higher speeds and was ok at lower speeds, turns out I just needed camber arms

If your car isn't lowered then could be your tires and uneven tread wear
Its fully standard... i dont do any changes.... i rarely use this car so thats why its only 8000 miles from 2018 and the tire is still good (really good) , the dealership and alignment shop already check it for me? So after camber arms is your car normal now?

OP
OP
First Name
mantap
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Not normal, see another dealer or a good aligment shop
okey then...ill bring it to another dealership but actually i already paid expensive for the first and the second alignment ?

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Its fully standard... i dont do any changes.... i rarely use this car so thats why its only 8000 miles from 2018 and the tire is still good (really good) , the dealership and alignment shop already check it for me? So after camber arms is your car normal now?
Yes my car is good now but only because I had lowering springs. If your car is stock suspension then you shouldn't be having this problem. Try checking the tire pressure in all tires and make sure it's even, my last guess is that maybe psi is just off on one side

OP
OP
First Name
mantap
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yes my car is good now but only because I had lowering springs. If your car is stock suspension then you shouldn't be having this problem. Try checking the tire pressure in all tires and make sure it's even, my last guess is that maybe psi is just off on one side
do you remember first time when you get your car from dealership (before using lowering kit), how does it feel?

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
do you remember first time when you get your car from dealership (before using lowering kit), how does it feel?
Feels normal and drove straight as it should. What does the alignment spec sheet say? Maybe your toe could still be off

OP
OP
First Name
mantap
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Feels normal and drove straight as it should. What does the alignment spec sheet say? Maybe your toe could still be off
i already throw the paper away, okey than ill just wait until the next oil change to tell them about this thanks

BrandonSmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX 2.0L
Country flag

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
Use an OBD2 tool such as Autel AP200 (https://www.amazon.com/Autel-AP200-Bluetooth-Professional-Automotive/dp/B07QD4GZW4).

In the service manual, Honda says each time the battery is disconnected, the steering alignment sensor needs calibrated.
I’ve been trying to figure out why my Si feels like it’s pulling left on hard acceleration after pulling the battery installing Acuity cable bushings. Are you saying if I had my steering wheel turned left and I disconnected the battery, my steering could be off?

Last edited:

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Steering angle relearn if needed (if the angle is cleared you'll get the "Christmas tree" of warning lights on the dash) can also (and normally) be done by driving the car above 9 mph in a mostly straight line on flat road and not doing hard accel or braking. It takes about 10 seconds and the warning lights will clear when it's finished.
Sponsored