Warrengk

First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 civic
Country flag
So had a second look at the car via a new dealer. They said everything is within the alignment specs but did show me that both tie rod ends had been extended at some point, I’m guessing to “straighten the steering wheel”. Both ends are even and only about a pinky width of thread is showing. My main question is, will I always deal with the steering wheel being off center during a future alignment and will this “adjusted” tie rod cause any issues down the road. I’m so lost and just need guidance. I don’t trust what Honda is feeding me.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Warrengk

First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 civic
Country flag
I'm having the same exact issue when I put my type R steering wheel. I believe I re centered it. Just have to bring it back to the shop for a final check on Tuesday. See what happens
Any update?

Corey2k8g

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
Any update?
My steering wheel was off a tooth. However I still pull to each side. I get torque steer and brake steer. Maybe it's just because of my wheels. But my wheel is straight now. Had the dealer check on it they said all is looking good. So maybe was just my wheel was off

BriteBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-L
Country flag
Are there any markings on the steering rack to indicate when it is centered?

OP
OP

Warrengk

First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 civic
Country flag
My steering wheel was off a tooth. However I still pull to each side. I get torque steer and brake steer. Maybe it's just because of my wheels. But my wheel is straight now. Had the dealer check on it they said all is looking good. So maybe was just my wheel was off
I’m guessing mine is too but they keep saying alignment is good but my wheel is slightly off. Idk what to do anymore.

BriteBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-L
Country flag
I’m guessing mine is too but they keep saying alignment is good but my wheel is slightly off. Idk what to do anymore.
If you center the steering wheel, is it the same number of turns to go all the way to right as it is to go all the way to the left? This may be difficult to determine because it will probably be less than 1.5 turns in each direction. But if it takes more turns to go in one direction than the other direction that would seem to indicate the steering wheel is not properly centered on the splines. Maybe put an inclinometer app on your smartphone & duct tape it to the centered steering wheel & compare the angles from all the way in each direction.
Sponsored