Jimmyson27

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Sedan 2019 Sprot
Country flag
My local Honda dealership is recommending that I need a wheel alignment part of the 15000 miles maintenance. There charging me $159.

Do you guys recommend having this done yet?
Sponsored

Rone811

First Name
Rone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
My local Honda dealership is recommending that I need a wheel alignment part of the 15000 miles maintenance. There charging me $159.

Just did an alignment after lowering my car for 89$ at Firestone or you can do their lifetime alignments for 159$ which was on sale this weekend.
Is there a reason they are recommending an alignment?

RIC3HUNT3R

First Name
Andrei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Lx"FK7" (Canadian spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Year 2 310S auto tech apprentice here. Is that 159 CAD or USD??? The simple way to tell if you need an alignment is keep the steering wheel straight in a long part of thr highway or the back road. See if it pulls either to the left or the right, if it pulls to either one you need a alignment when ever you have the chance.

2nd look at ur tires and measure the tread depth/life in either MM or 32nd. If the outer or inner edges of the tread have a difference of more than 2/32nd you will need an alignment. Also if you have the chance to lift the front end up on a jack or hoist, just give it a good check, by shaking side to side and up and down, everything should be tight, but if there is play go to a certified auto shop, and get a suspension check to see whats the issue.

3rd$ 159 is a total rip off IMO, my shop charges $120 CAD for a 4 wheel thrust alignment, and we usually can give discount totaling about $80-$90 if you bundle it with a oil change or a tire swap/ changeover.

Hope this helped.???

Toadman73

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport Touring Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You should be able to find shops that will do it for $50, easy! My opinion, if you’re not pulling one way or the other, you don’t need an alignment.

OP
OP

Jimmyson27

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Sedan 2019 Sprot
Country flag
Just did an alignment after lowering my car for 89$ at Firestone or you can do their lifetime alignments for 159$ which was on sale this weekend.
Is there a reason they are recommending an alignment?
Guess no reason, went to do paperwork and service person told me I should have wheel alignment done as generally it should be done every 2-3 years. What the service told me

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Doesn't seem unreasonable to get your alignment checked that often. Dealerships always charge a little more for everything though

Oddwayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19’ Si coupe & 99 ej6
Country flag
You should be able to find shops that will do it for $50, easy! My opinion, if you’re not pulling one way or the other, you don’t need an alignment.
Where do you live? I wouldn’t even bother putting a car on a hunter rack for 50 dollars. That’s a good deal for the consumer though I gotta admit.

rileyj98

First Name
riley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic coupe
Country flag
I work at a dealer up in Canada and we do complimentary alignment checks and then if the toe is out we will recommend one but I believe we charge 119$ cad for one. Labour is .8 but our door rate is 144$ an hour plus tax so that’s not too far out for the price

ken88

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-T, 2007 Honda Shadow Aero
Country flag
$159 USD is a bit steep; best to take it to a reputable tire store not affiliated with a dealer.

I take mine in once a year whether it needs it or not around May/June at the end of pothole season.
Price is about $69 if it needs it; if not they only charge me a $25 rack fee.

I have a credit card through them which is why I go there, and using the card once a year and paying it off a few days later keeps the account active.

Toadman73

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport Touring Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Where do you live? I wouldn’t even bother putting a car on a hunter rack for 50 dollars. That’s a good deal for the consumer though I gotta admit.
I live in the Dallas area. Lots of reputable shops in Garland area.

Oddwayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19’ Si coupe & 99 ej6
Country flag
I live in the Dallas area. Lots of reputable shops in Garland area.
Up in the tristate area, you can’t even find a shop that’ll touch just the front for 50. That’s a good price if you can get it a dime a dozen.
Sponsored