Ok gas prices are getting ridiculous....Regular in this car?

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
Id love to go electric, but it would need to be with a vehicle that fits my needs and the pros have to outweigh the cons. Thankfully, I think the new Tundra/Sequoia has a part electric engine and can tow so Ill have to draft a bill, present it to congress (my wife) and hope it doesnt get struck down.

And then, Ill need to argue in favor of a trailer and hope I win that one.
Sponsored

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
the two (brief) times I've owned a car with an automatic it bored me to tears, even when it was fast.
☝🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼 Having a manual makes driving so much more engaging.

And I’ve been saying it for a while now: there is zero reason that hybrids cannot have a manual transmission. Imagine an S2025, with modern accoutrements standard + a 2.4L I4 Hybrid 6MT driving the rear wheels. 😵😵😵 400HP&LB-ft that gets a best-in-class 40MPGs, w/ 20+ miles of all-electric range. Starts at $50K USD.

Honda Civic 10th gen Ok gas prices are getting ridiculous....Regular in this car? 1655220288578

Honda Civic 10th gen Ok gas prices are getting ridiculous....Regular in this car? giphy

TANSTAAFL

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R, Championship White
Country flag
Indeed. Didn't the CR-Z have a manual? It wasn't the greatest example of the breed, but it had potential.

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
Yes the CR-Z had a manual available. There have been other electric vehicles which used something besides a 1 speed but they are rare.

My Civic feels like it will be the last manual I own for a while.

wildbilly32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Porsche C4S 19 CTR #24184 19 Volvo XC40 R
Country flag
The keystone XL pipeline was not expected to open until 2023. There are a large number of debunked claims. Additional information here:

https://www.nrdc.org/stories/what-keystone-pipeline
Like I said above(copied from the document):
Keystone Pipeline, Gas Prices, and Oil Exports
Dirty energy lobbyists claimed developing tar sands would protect our national energy security and bring U.S. fuel prices down. But environmental reviews by both the Obama and Trump administrations concluded that the Keystone XL pipeline would not have lowered gasoline prices. NRDC and its partners also found the majority of Keystone XL oil would have been sent to markets overseas—aided by a 2015 reversal of a ban on crude oil exports.

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
middle class has always been wrecked lol, doom.
Pretty much a downhill slide for the middle and lower class since the late 80's. This was a result of "voodoo economics" (as stated by one US President) being unsustainable and progressively gutting the middle class. If you overlay charts for income tax rates and income inequality there is a correlation.

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Like I said above(copied from the document):
Keystone Pipeline, Gas Prices, and Oil Exports
Dirty energy lobbyists claimed developing tar sands would protect our national energy security and bring U.S. fuel prices down. But environmental reviews by both the Obama and Trump administrations concluded that the Keystone XL pipeline would not have lowered gasoline prices. NRDC and its partners also found the majority of Keystone XL oil would have been sent to markets overseas—aided by a 2015 reversal of a ban on crude oil exports.
yep, large number of debunked claims. I remember when it was a popular topic of discussion and the back and forth on reddit was fun to watch.

borcth

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Indeed. Didn't the CR-Z have a manual? It wasn't the greatest example of the breed, but it had potential.
It did. I had one for 11 years. When it first came out. A 2011. It was a 6spd and in black. 2 door hatchback based on the fit platform actually. 1.5 liter with IMA assist. The manual was hard to get actually but I didn't want it any other way after having my Prelude. It was really ahead of it's time and but out 10 years too early. It was pretty futuristic inside and drove like a go-kart. I love the dash layout. I traded it in for the Si. I always thought if the CRZ had a turbo from factory and had a LSD from stock, it would've been awesome. It did have an OEM HPD supercharger option, but cost 5k and needed to send the ECU into Honda to have it calibrated. There was also an HPD LSD was optional factory addition but cost almost 2k. All these things would've made the car awesome if it came stock and not as factory options. The IMA gave you all the low end tq instantly, it just died up top because of the low HP. That's where a turbo would've helped. But my Si actually get's better MPG than my CRZ did. The Si is what I wished the CRZ was. Unfortutanely the aftermarket support for the car was so bad and only ran for one generation.

Right now, Is a good time to bring back the CR-Z or a CR-Z like vehicle with hybrid + turbo.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Byron Sexton

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Ok gas prices are getting ridiculous....Regular in this car? 1655229556436

IN -TER- REST-ING

TANSTAAFL

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R, Championship White
Country flag
It did. I had one for 11 years. When it first came out. A 2011. It was a 6spd and in black. 2 door hatchback based on the fit platform actually. 1.5 liter with IMA assist. The manual was hard to get actually but I didn't want it any other way after having my Prelude. It was really ahead of it's time and but out 10 years too early. It was pretty futuristic inside and drove like a go-kart. I love the dash layout. I traded it in for the Si. I always thought if the CRZ had a turbo from factory and had a LSD from stock, it would've been awesome. It did have an OEM HPD supercharger option, but cost 5k and needed to send the ECU into Honda to have it calibrated. There was also an HPD LSD was optional factory addition but cost almost 2k. All these things would've made the car awesome if it came stock and not as factory options. The IMA gave you all the low end tq instantly, it just died up top because of the low HP. That's where a turbo would've helped. But my Si actually get's better MPG than my CRZ did. The Si is what I wished the CRZ was. Unfortutanely the aftermarket support for the car was so bad and only ran for one generation.

Right now, Is a good time to bring back the CR-Z or a CR-Z like vehicle with hybrid + turbo.
Good to hear from someone who owned one. I considered one back in the day, and sort of wish I had given it a shot; the car looked so cool.

borcth

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Good to hear from someone who owned one. I considered one back in the day, and sort of wish I had given it a shot; the car looked so cool.
I wasn't even looking for the CR-Z when it came out. It just happened when I was at dealership and I saw it and fell in love. It was an automatic and I knew If it was a manual, it would be a blast. They managed to find one and boy I was glad it was a manual. It just made it better, quicker and sportier.

You know, the car had a Sport mode before Sport mode was a thing. It had Eco, Normal and Sport. The whole dash would light up RED like the Si. It would tighten up the steering wheel. Improve throttle response and you'd get all 100% of the Battery instead of letting the car modulate it based on how heavy your foot was. It had LED illuminated foot wells, LED door sills that said CR-Z and an LED light like we do in our Si that shines over the center console. All in blue though instead of red. Honda put a lot of heart into it. I could tell when I owned it. Just fell short to appeal to the crowd who were hoping it was the next true predecessor to the famous CRX.
It was light too, about 2600 lbs.

The strange thing was that there was a rumored 2nd gen that would have a turbo around 2016, but it just faded away. Then the Si came out instead with a turbo. I always wondered if they just axed the CRZ 2nd gen with a turbo and just went went with the Si with a turbo instead. Both are 1.5 liters. I don't know. We may never know. I'm glad I experienced it.

Honda did renew the CR-Z moniker a while back. Wasn't sure if that was just to hang onto the CR-Z name or a 2nd gen is in the works as a new hybrid or full electric in the next few years.

Gansan

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 NSX, 2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
1655229556436.png

IN -TER- REST-ING
Sadly, it needs a filibuster-proof majority (60 votes) in the senate in order to pass, because otherwise anyone can block it with a filibuster. With the Republicans voting against it, it won't get through.

As others have noted, oil is bought and sold on a worldwide market. Drilling for our own oil is great for availability, but an American oil company would never limit itself to domestic sales at a cheaper price than the world market price. They would be throwing away profits and the shareholders would revolt.

jaketuff

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Si, 04 GTO, 91 Stang, 92 Stang, GLE 450
Country flag
Deeper point made... our policies are truly idiotic.

jaketuff

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Si, 04 GTO, 91 Stang, 92 Stang, GLE 450
Country flag
JB told us he was getting rid of fossil fuels... come on man!

He wouldn't lie to that little girl... he looked her right in the eye... smelled her hair... and told her and us - he was going to destroy our energy structure.

...Can't wait for transcript from today's WH meeting with oil exec's. I hope they don't pull any punches!
Sponsored