Ok gas prices are getting ridiculous....Regular in this car?

Warpspeed

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Evo8, EF Civic Si, and 2020 CW Civic Type R
Country flag
Since my Type R is my "weekend" car I really wish I can find the really hard to find Honda CRX HF.
Sponsored

s2kdriver80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I just came back after spending a week in Delray Beach FL, near Miami. Did both directions in one go, never again. I probably picked the worst time to do a cross-country road trip in the CTR lol. Gas prices weren't much cheaper down south compared to Long Island, especially since demand is stronger at service areas and stations along the interstate.

I like you Florida, except for the obscene heat and the fact that most of your roads are straight. :p

Honda Civic 10th gen Ok gas prices are getting ridiculous....Regular in this car? 20220618_191639

Honda Civic 10th gen Ok gas prices are getting ridiculous....Regular in this car? 20220618_191924

Last edited:

type_ramen

First Name
Keiothic
Threads
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
could use a <$25k EV right about now.... Ah well, e-biking to work I guess

jmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 NSX-T & 2021 Civic Type R LE USA-029
Country flag
ORRRRRR we become energy independent like we were before Biden got into office. Open up the keystone XL pipeline. Let the oil companies operate the way we used to.
The President can fix this by going all in on Domestic oil production.

I do understand that the President cant control Global oil markets, but having an all green only approach also isnt helping.
Spot on.

OP
OP
Byron Sexton

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
But we starting stuff with China....they could go back up

RTC975

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP Type-R
Country flag
I just came back after spending a week in Delray Beach FL, near Miami. Did both directions in one go, never again. I probably picked the worst time to do a cross-country road trip in the CTR lol. Gas prices weren't much cheaper down south compared to Long Island, especially since demand is stronger at service areas and stations along the interstate.

I like you Florida, except for the obscene heat and the fact that most of your roads are straight. :p

20220618_191639.jpg

20220618_191924.jpg
Just seeing this. I've done it in my R. Upstate NY to Orlando non-stop. Bypass around Richmond is fun, DC Express Lanes a MUST, Beltway around Jacksonville a must as well. I lived down there for 3-4 years, heat a non-issue but yeah some of the roads are boring - not Iowa boring (was there 2 weeks ago) and tbh, Iowa was hotter. Having BUC-EE's open in SC and the two in FL are must stops.

Gansan

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 NSX, 2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I will never know what it felt like paying sub $3 for gas, I bought a car at the wrong time lol
When I was a child I remember it was a big deal when gas prices went above 1 dollar per gallon! I remember the signs saying $0.95 or so. Back then my uncle drove a Mercury Grand Marquis land tank with a huuuuuuge 7.5L v8. Mileage? What mileage? lol We happily breathed in the lead fumes and became dumber.

I am getting old...

Last edited:

RTC975

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP Type-R
Country flag
When I was a child I remember it was a big deal when gas prices went above 1 dollar per gallon! I remember the signs saying $0.95 or so. Back then my uncle drove a Mercury Grand Marquis land tank with a huuuuuuge 7.5L v8. Mileage? What mileage? lol We happily breathed in the lead fumes and became dumber.

I am getting old...
Started driving in 96. $9 fill ups in my 89 5-sp EF DX hatch at $.88/gal

s2kdriver80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Just seeing this. I've done it in my R. Upstate NY to Orlando non-stop. Bypass around Richmond is fun, DC Express Lanes a MUST, Beltway around Jacksonville a must as well. I lived down there for 3-4 years, heat a non-issue but yeah some of the roads are boring - not Iowa boring (was there 2 weeks ago) and tbh, Iowa was hotter. Having BUC-EE's open in SC and the two in FL are must stops.
Though I must credit FL with the lack of potholes. I don't get the whole HOV express lane thing near DC/VA. I have the ezpass tag so I always take these lanes that diverge a bit from the main highway (I-95). The thing is, I'm like the only one who takes these express lane exits, even if there is mild traffic in the main section. Made me think I was on it when it wasn't allowed. Either that, or most drivers who drive on I-95 live in that area and need to take the local exits?

RepyT

Almost Stock ‘19 R on 255/35-19”
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’ll make y’all feel young.

I remember the long gas lines as a kid during the 1973 OPECker induced shortages.

Also the lowest price I remember was at an Alert station growing up in MD (work still in progress but in FL since ‘81) at 31.9 cents/gallon. My dad remembers 13.9 cents/gal.

FFWD to mid-Jun this year, got 93 in TN/NC (not sure which) for $4.97 and expected it could be last time under $5. It’s $4.20-4.50 now in NW FL. 🙁
Sponsored