oil change every 6,000 miles???

elykoj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
Country flag
my light goes off after 6,000 miles. I don't see why I need to do an oil change every 6,000 miles using a full synthetic oil change.. this seems way too much. Thoughts ?
Sponsored

icantread

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Sedan 2017 Ex
I am not aggressive at all..lol. been told I drive like an old lady
Me too haha. My manual says to change every 12 months or via indicator. Maybe you have a leak? Try checking oil level.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
These motors are also letting a lot of gas into the oil. From what I am told from other brands, that shouldn't be happening on a DI motor. I'm wondering if this is going to create a lot of issues down the road on the 1.5?

PMMonly4HATCH

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald Frump
Threads
Reaction score
Only bad people (Not Cars) come to America
Vehicle(s)
'17 HATCH ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
my light goes off after 6,000 miles. I don't see why I need to do an oil change every 6,000 miles using a full synthetic oil change.. this seems way too much. Thoughts ?
The FF wanted changed in like 3500 miles in the dead of summer though so to be expected. The MMS is aggressive so what I did was just reset it and I had to reset twice and I only got to around 5800 miles at 30% for the second reset. Plan on following it pretty much to a T now that it isn't the FF. Keep in mind someone did a UOA on the FF and it showed plenty of additives remaining on a 4800 miles OCI.

Texchappy

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Touring in Aegean Blue, 2008 MINI JCW convertible
Country flag
These motors are also letting a lot of gas into the oil. From what I am told from other brands, that shouldn't be happening on a DI motor. I'm wondering if this is going to create a lot of issues down the road on the 1.5?
Though there is evidence of fairly significant dilution, I've yet to see a UOA that shows anything but rock solid wear numbers.

jeb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 LX Hatch 6MT, 15 Forester Limited w/tech
Country flag
My friends Mazda3 2.0 also has this is issue.

Sman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 EX Hatch w/ Sensing
My oil was expected to go until 12,000 miles for each oil change. I drive 100 miles a day for work and 95% of that is on an interstate. I went ahead and did at 10,000 miles. Maybe you hit the 1 year mark on the oil?

OP
OP

elykoj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
Country flag
Still don't understand why the maintainance minder is recommending me do oil changes every 5-6000 miles? seems like a lot for using a full synthetic oil. this will be my 5th oil change and car only has 23,000 miles on it.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't know. As a data point, I'm at ~4500 miles and the oil life it at 50% in my Si. I'm still waiting to do my first change.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
It's all how you drive. Stop and go will speed up the oil change interval. Highway miles will increase it. The maintenane minder doesn't care if it's synthetic or dino.

OP
OP

elykoj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
Country flag
It's all how you drive. Stop and go will speed up the oil change interval. Highway miles will increase it. The maintenane minder doesn't care if it's synthetic or dino.
I do normal driving..lol. a mix of city/highway.. mostly just back and forth to work during the week which is about 10 miles each way... I have never changed oil on any car in my life as much as this car... I know the maintenance minder doesn't know if you are using synthetic or not, but synthetic should last a lot longer than conventional so shoul we not even go off of the reminder then?
Sponsored