Oil Change required at 414 miles.

david1pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, MSM with Black Interior
Country flag
So on my way to work this morning I get a Maintenance Minder notification that I need an oil change. Clearly this is either a computer glitch or a true problem. I'll be calling the dealer when they're open.

Honda doesn't even publish a schedule of required maintenance, so we need to be able to trust the minder.

Drove for the first time in a light rain as well. I agree with others - I'd rather have the true adjustable wipers. One drop would cause it to go crazy fast. 1000s of drops and it wouldn't wipe at all. It seemed to do decent on the freeway, but stop and go - it couldn't decide.

Annoyed.
Sponsored

Attachments

kiefer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civc Touring
Thats pretty interesting. Yea just getting in contact with dealer is best option.

scsi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Aegean Blue Civic Touring, 2003 Element EX AWD
Vehicle Showcase
That's weird... Mine said I'm due for an oil change today, too. I have 861 miles. The oil life thing in the instrument cluster says 90%, but the infotainment system and HondaLink app say I am due. I think this is another infotainment system issue...

EDIT: I don't want to take it to the dealer, because I want my factory break-in oil for the proper amount of time. I would not be surprised if the dealer just blindly does what the system tells them to.......

Honda Civic 10th gen Oil Change required at 414 miles. IMG_1480.JPG Honda Civic 10th gen Oil Change required at 414 miles. IMG_1479.JPG

OP
OP
david1pro

david1pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I took mine in and he pointed out that the center panel under the tac does show my oil at 100%. He had no idea how to reset the Android timer though and was trying to use an old function with the trip odometer. I suggested we try swiping the notification to the side and that deleted it, but it did come back on my drive out.

bmartinson13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '97 CR-V
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I got this exact same message today as well. I'm at ~1.4k miles and my oil life reads at 90%.

scsi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I got this exact same message today as well. I'm at ~1.4k miles and my oil life reads at 90%.
Hmmmm. I wonder if this is some time based alert.

harvester2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic touring
Country flag
Add me to the list today around 2K miles. Unless Honda does something miraculous in the next 4-6 weeks, this will be my last Honda product and I'll take the loss trading it in. I need "Honda" reliability of old, not this new everything is going wrong and spend days at the dealership. So far my touring, (aka top of the line) as had, infotainment system failure (taking it in tomorrow coincidentally to have the unit replaced), window issues where the passenger window stopped rolling up as it appeared the motor was too weak. Dealership said it "just needed grease" and I asked, you mean they forgot during assembly? What else did they forgot? Well, it has also not started on two occasions. Got in and it said to push the pedal and it would not turn over. Still said to push the pedal so I stood on it with both feet and it would not crank. Holding the button for 30 sec finally made it start. If I'm ever being chased by some lunatic with a gun and it doesn't start and through some miracle I live through the assault, god help Honda and their legal team!!!

Ex 2006 civic owner who wishes he had it back!!!

harvester2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic touring
Country flag
P.S. this wreaks of a "big brother" issue as we all got the message today with different mileage. Not good Honda, not good.

OP
OP
david1pro

david1pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It is odd that no one has complained about this until today. Somewhere buried in code, on January 8th send out a bunch of meaningless oil change reminders. Maybe there's a bunch of surveyors trying to figure out how many dealers will change the oil if it's brought in. Maybe it's a test message to see if their hack worked. Truly odd.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It is odd that no one has complained about this until today. Somewhere buried in code, on January 8th send out a bunch of meaningless oil change reminders. Maybe there's a bunch of surveyors trying to figure out how many dealers will change the oil if it's brought in. Maybe it's a test message to see if their hack worked. Truly odd.
Gotta wonder if Honda is just trolling everybody.

camhabib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Porsche 911, 2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Got this today too. Popped up for a second and haven't seen it again, oil life is at 90%.

scsi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Maaaaybe this message was supposed to be for the Touring amp service bulletin that went out today? It seems strange we got this pop up all on the same day.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For what it's worth, oil life is at 90% (1650 miles), but I did not have the notification pop up on me today. Either way, this is strange.
Sponsored