First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Mazda Miata MX-5
Country flag
Hello,
My name is Fred and I've owned Honda's for the past 17 years. Had a Red 2001 CR-V (now my 16 yr old sons car that we brought him home in when he was born) and a Black 2006 Civic EX sedan that I recently sold.(he didn't want it so I sold it)
And now I'm the proud owner of a 2017 Civic EX-L in Rallye Red. The dealership I bought from automatically extends the power train warranty to 7 Years/100K miles which is nice.
Recently added a Trunk tray, Splash guards and Window tinting. I just love driving this thing especially in Sport mode. So much more pickup and tighter turning than my 2006.
Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! gUKiEDzkgmQKWxt131pYLGD6cCLpLWTEDnt0ZjqG8JfHZ3ZhyZRhC0BO4clXFr4WGJ-uIj4iAZEborWccQg=w574-h363-no

ERK5000

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback
Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! 3CAD76C7-033B-4CB9-AD5E-01A24E72D2AF
Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! 897830AC-AF14-4491-B46F-479745A32C6D
Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! 26C370B2-CC59-44C6-900F-5CCEBD920996
Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! 6C191E5A-A001-43DB-B1E2-C3539DFD4B72
Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! 0C00E2A7-05B8-471E-839D-DD3971D75D7A
Hi everyone,
My name is Eric, Iā€™m new to the forums. I purchased a 2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback Sonic Gray Manual 6 speed earlier this year and I am totally loving this car! I had a 2008 Honda Civic along time ago and it was time to go back to Honda after experiencing different vehicles. Iā€™d like to do future mods to my car and hope to maybe meet some more enthusiasts in person in my local area for car meets or hang out.

Gimmezell

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Hello, my name is Jeremy and this past Wednesday November 1st I picked a new 2017 Civic Si. My previous daily car was a 2000 Civic Ex Coupe that I purchased new back in 2000 and after being my daily for 17 years in MN it's beginning to show her age. I was the admin over and EJSquad but I had to shut down the forum due to lack of interest and so I could free up some funds for the new Si. I'm 42 years old and I don't go through cars so Si will be my daily for many years to come.

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! 23158444_10156075437914750_350889345_o

PMMonly4HATCH

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald Frump
Threads
Reaction score
Only bad people (Not Cars) come to America
Vehicle(s)
'17 HATCH ĀÆ\_(惄)_/ĀÆ
3CAD76C7-033B-4CB9-AD5E-01A24E72D2AF.jpeg
897830AC-AF14-4491-B46F-479745A32C6D.jpeg
26C370B2-CC59-44C6-900F-5CCEBD920996.jpeg
6C191E5A-A001-43DB-B1E2-C3539DFD4B72.jpeg
0C00E2A7-05B8-471E-839D-DD3971D75D7A.jpeg
Hi everyone,
My name is Eric, Iā€™m new to the forums. I purchased a 2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback Sonic Gray Manual 6 speed earlier this year and I am totally loving this car! I had a 2008 Honda Civic along time ago and it was time to go back to Honda after experiencing different vehicles. Iā€™d like to do future mods to my car and hope to maybe meet some more enthusiasts in person in my local area for car meets or hang out.
I have a love hate relationship with that color. OT1H, I like it as a general color but OTOH, it doesn't gleam or is glossy enough at times. But as a sleeper LX, I would get it but only in LX without Sensing trim. I have a feeling you couldn't find this color in LX 6MT. I have seen it in CVT in LX or EX.

Edit: The + side to this it will probably age really well since you don't expect a paint job to gleam in its later life.

Last edited:

PMMonly4HATCH

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald Frump
Threads
Reaction score
Only bad people (Not Cars) come to America
Vehicle(s)
'17 HATCH ĀÆ\_(惄)_/ĀÆ
Hello, my name is Jeremy and this past Wednesday November 1st I picked a new 2017 Civic Si. My previous daily car was a 2000 Civic Ex Coupe that I purchased new back in 2000 and after being my daily for 17 years in MN it's beginning to show her age. I was the admin over and EJSquad but I had to shut down the forum due to lack of interest and so I could free up some funds for the new Si. I'm 42 years old and I don't go through cars so Si will be my daily for many years to come.

23158444_10156075437914750_350889345_o.jpg
Is it WOP or CW? I think unless Honda flexs more colors in, white will be my next civic, either Si coupe or a hatch although your sedan looks really sharp and makes me not want to get the same power train I got in my 1.5T Hatch again.

ERK5000

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a love hate relationship with that color. OT1H, I like it as a general color but OTOH, it doesn't gleam or is glossy enough at times. But as a sleeper LX, I would get it but only in LX without Sensing trim. I have a feeling you couldn't find this color in LX 6MT. I have seen it in CVT in LX or EX.

Edit: The + side to this it will probably age really well since you don't expect a paint job to gleam in its later life.
I honestly loved this color of the Civic the moment I saw it, love at first site ha! Even my wife fell in love with it. It was between this color, a white one, or a black one, but this was my priority and damn was I lucky to get it! I did have a hard time finding this one in Manual transmission. It was actually a pain in the ass getting this car because another Honda dealership had it in their inventory and did not want to give it up to my local Honda Dealership, I seriously was about to give up hope, but long story short, I ended up getting the one I wanted with a manual transmission from the dealership that didnā€™t want to give it up ha. My dealership had one on stock but it was an automatic and I did not want that one at all.
To me, the color stands out in its own in a way where you get attention but not the unwanted attention of a bright car. I get so many compliments and thumbs up for my car and itā€™s color. On another plus side, itā€™s easier to keep clean than a black car

Gimmezell

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Is it WOP or CW? I think unless Honda flexs more colors in, white will be my next civic, either Si coupe or a hatch although your sedan looks really sharp and makes me not want to get the same power train I got in my 1.5T Hatch again.
It's WOP. My old 2000 coupe is White Taffeta. I have a thing for white cars. Ha.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hello all...

I'll be trading my current 9th gen SI for a 2018 SI Sedan w/summer tires as soon as it gets delivered to the dealer early next week. My wife and I got a used RSX-S some years back, loved it, sold it as we left NY (roads were salted and we'd had one kid by then and were looking to continue to contribute to overpopulation). As the 9th gens were going away, I got the last 2015 SI sedan they had at a dealer in VA for a decent deal. We figured it was as close as we could 'RSX' new and get sedan. We've enjoyed the 9th gen despite some lukewarm reviews but never really gotten attached to it.

Anyways, have a deposit down on a 10th gen. Wife really likes it more, I do think it's a bit better car and think the power train is way better as a DD but may lack a touch of rawness the Ks had. I have a '94 300zx twin turbo, far from stock, that is my 'fast' car and will likely keep my Civic stock for a while. I can usually beat on the Civic without getting attention. With the Z... I have to drive it conservative or I'll be north of 100 in 3rd, spinning through the bottom few gears, especially on a cold day. As great as the Z is... it really is more fun to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow.

I've got 3 kids, 3, 5 and 7 with Radian R100 carseats which all fit in the 9ths backseat and do so as well in the 10th, with looks to be a smidge more legroom back there. The factory is now a playground so we won't me outgrowing this car unless my kids are all over 6ft as teens. Still have a '14 Odyssey EX-L as a serious people/stuff mover and our normal long distance vehicle as well.

As to my deal, w/o specifics, I just looked/drove at a Civic when I was having my Odyssey have a TSB done. I let them appraised my 9th. The initial offer was laughable. I went home, read a little, made an offer I forwarded to them and other area dealers who then competed and got something something like 5-6k better overall... w/o sitting in a dealer and waiting or stressing, and this is on a 2018 not even 'off the boat'. There are good deals to be out there, and I didn't set the world on fire with mine, but I got the median range on KBB for my low mileage 9th and got around invoice for the 2018. It wasn't worth it for the hassel in doing a private party sale on the 9th because it saved me 7% tax on nearly 17k and I'd have to have had a very motivated buyer on the 9th gen to make a notable difference. 1600 for mudflaps you can do yourself, wheel locks you can do yourself, tint that a reputable tint shop can do for a few hundred at the % you want and a cargo tray. The first dealer said, 'we put these on all our cars' to which I replied 'then I'll never buy a car from here. That crap represents almost pure profit for a dealer.

Looking forward to the car. Never had a red one... and been pulled over a handful of times but haven't gotten a ticket since I was in my teens. Maybe the 'hooker lipstick red' color of this one will get me in trouble finally...

ParkwayDrive13

First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen Ralley Red SI
Country flag
Hey CivicX! Just traded in my beloved 9th Gen Si for the 10th gen! First time ever owning a 4 Door Si... I had to make some compromises with the wife with a baby on the way... lol. Look forward to contributing to this forum!

Here's a pic of my 9th gen and 10th gen!

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! 22538694_10213061204463456_6089084700181678791_o

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! 82382353251393808111

BobM_Jr

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
It's a myth that red cars get pulled over more. I've had many years of owning red and other bright color cars and have not been ticketed in over 25 years. :drive:

Looking forward to the car. Never had a red one... and been pulled over a handful of times but haven't gotten a ticket since I was in my teens. Maybe the 'hooker lipstick red' color of this one will get me in trouble finally...

auskip07

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
87 Porsche 944t, 15 Acura RDX, 17 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
Hey guys im Skip, my wife bought a 2017 EX-T last night. Ill be maintaining the car for her lol.
Modern Steel/ grey

Ill be putting in all weather front floor mats, rear cargo floor mat, and tinting the windows for her.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The only bright car I ever had was pearl yellow, another 300zx. I got pulled several times a year while driving home after midnight from the job I had then. When I wasn't getting pulled over, I'd pass by a sitting cop who'd come tearing out after me and tail me a few miles, then turn around and go back to his hiding spot. My only experience. I've been pulled over only once in my white Z32 I've had over the last 4 years or so... and in that instance the officer claimed I was doing 60 in a 45... then saw we we're actually in a 55 (45 mph sign was a ways down the road). That and an active duty military ID if your not being dumb and being respectful can usually get you out if a tight spot, short of rape/murder/theft.

Hopefully the myth is indeed a myth. I'm probably more patient now than I was as a 20ish year old... but I think I wouldn't put up with getting pulled over for a vehicle inspection because my car 'looked like the kind of car that transports drugs' as I was always told. This was along the route in FL that there was a lot of drug trafficking. However, if *I* were going to transport drugs, I'd pick a late model Camry/Corolla in a boring color and drive it in the middle of the day doing the speed limit... hiding in plain sight.

jeb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 LX Hatch 6MT, 15 Forester Limited w/tech
Country flag
Hey Guys, long time lurker here. Just pulled the trigger on this today, picking it up tomorrow. She's an '18 LX Hatch in 6MT. I am trading my '15 Accord Sedan V6 in on it. Was just looking for a lower payment, and a manual, and this thing checked all the boxes off. Tested out an LX sedan, but this seemed more a compromise power wise coming from the J series. My god the torque... Since when did 4 cyl Honda's have so much damn torque?! haha

I have had many Hondas over the years from a civic, to ridgeline, accords, acuras... I'm well educated on the Honda line ups over the years.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi, and hope to see ya all around here.

Pics cuz pics are dope.

ERK5000

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey Guys, long time lurker here. Just pulled the trigger on this today, picking it up tomorrow. She's an '18 LX Hatch in 6MT. I am trading my '15 Accord Sedan V6 in on it. Was just looking for a lower payment, and a manual, and this thing checked all the boxes off. Tested out an LX sedan, but this seemed more a compromise power wise coming from the J series. My god the torque... Since when did 4 cyl Honda's have so much damn torque?! haha

I have had many Hondas over the years from a civic, to ridgeline, accords, acuras... I'm well educated on the Honda line ups over the years.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi, and hope to see ya all around here.

Pics cuz pics are dope.

Thatā€™s funny cause I thought the same thing when I got my Civic about the torque. Iā€™m definitely happy with my Civic sport manual transmission.
Sponsored