Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic 2 Door Coupe Si / 1993 Chrysler Intrepid 3.5L
Country flag
Hey my 2005 TL had nearly 300 hp, 7k redline, 6mt, LSD and only weighed 4 hundred more pounds than this gen Si! With the Brembos, a nice coilover kit and sticky tires, it was just as much of an entry-level sports car as the 10th gen Si is

4a4d023a557bb0e0920acb2796465756.jpg
I love The Legend/TL - but HTF can they justify having Brake kits for it and not 10th gen Civic? That makes zero sense to me. Way more people will deck out their Civic than anything else, or at least that's pretty historic. ;)
Sponsored

swanarg

TheSwanwar
First Name
Anwar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thank you for clarifying that! The overbore on the knuckles was in reference to the obvious, but if there's a plugnplay I'll look into that when it's time to do the brakes.
no problem, we are here to help. you wont be sorry if you do decide to go with either of those two swaps. several of us here can vouch for that.

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan - Aegean Blue Metallic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I love The Legend/TL - but HTF can they justify having Brake kits for it and not 10th gen Civic? That makes zero sense to me. Way more people will deck out their Civic than anything else, or at least that's pretty historic. ;)
Because in today's money that car would be $47K USD. If Honda were to charge $47K for a CTR today, I'd be expecting 350-400hp, adjustable coilovers made by an aftermarket Tier 1 company for an OE application, multi-link front and rear suspension design, better cooling, stronger gears, more track info tech, BBK front and rear, and while we're at it maybe some real CF :p

Honda Civic 10th gen New DIY Brembo Brake Kit - How To - upload_2020-1-31_10-46-0

FC3L15B7

I'm a machine.
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Because in today's money that car would be $47K USD. If Honda were to charge $47K for a CTR today, I'd be expecting 350-400hp, adjustable coilovers made by an aftermarket Tier 1 company for an OE application, multi-link front and rear suspension design, better cooling, stronger gears, more track info tech, BBK front and rear, and while we're at it maybe some real CF :p

upload_2020-1-31_10-46-0.png
The 10th gen Civic does have rear multi-link suspension, if that's in question. As for power, you have to keep in mind that economy is still a big issue that's getting worse because of governments and it also has to remain reliable. If you compare a TL with a New CTR, the TL can and got away with murder in comparison. lol. The potential for people to buy Civics and mod them is much hire than with a TL. Buy cheap, modify them, kick ass - and usually for less money than it costs to just buy a more expensive car.

And my Si was 47k..by the time I added all the warranties and finance. ;) Oh, and it's CAD.

swanarg

TheSwanwar
First Name
Anwar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The 10th gen Civic does have rear multi-link suspension, if that's in question. As for power, you have to keep in mind that economy is still a big issue that's getting worse because of governments and it also has to remain reliable. If you compare a TL with a New CTR, the TL can and got away with murder in comparison. lol. The potential for people to buy Civics and mod them is much hire than with a TL. Buy cheap, modify them, kick ass - and usually for less money than it costs to just buy a more expensive car.

And my Si was 47k..by the time I added all the warranties and finance. ;) Oh, and it's CAD.
47k Canadian!? How much is a type R up there? Holy hell thats expensive. My HB Sport was $21,304 out the door after taxes. I paid cash for it but still that’s more than double!

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Um....nothing personal but your salesperson made a complete sucker out of you because my Si was under 34k CAD with PDI, Taxes, and 1.99% rate. Please explain how you were sold the exact same car for $13,000 CAD more than I was???

I can't even think or look at anything else you said above, I'm totally lost for words because you basically paid for an Si what I could for a CTR with very low kms. Something is not adding up.

FC3L15B7

I'm a machine.
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
47k Canadian!? How much is a type R up there? Holy hell thats expensive. My HB Sport was $21,304 out the door after taxes. I paid cash for it but still that’s more than double!
Base price is 30,032. Then there's is Freight, PDI, Licensing, etc. I have a 7-year/200,000 kms extended warranty, protection package, winter package, ultimate car care combination package and then finance. It all adds up.

FC3L15B7

I'm a machine.
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Um....nothing personal but your salesperson made a complete sucker out of you because my Si was under 34k CAD with PDI, Taxes, and 1.99% rate. Please explain how you were sold the exact same car for $13,000 CAD more than I was???

I can't even think or look at anything else you said above, I'm totally lost for words because you basically paid for an Si what I could for a CTR with very low kms. Something is not adding up.
Base price is 30,032. Then there's is Freight, PDI, Licensing, etc. I have a 7-year/200,000 kms extended warranty, protection package, winter package, ultimate car care combination package and then finance. It all adds up.

EDIT: And the Si Coupe is $3,300 more than the Sedan btw. And having looked at the break down, if I remove all the extras and addons, it's exactly the same premium for the Coupe over your Sedan. If you don't know what you're talking about, don't try to make people feel bad about their own shit. lol.

Last edited:

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

EDIT: And the Si Coupe is $3,300 more than the Sedan btw. And having looked at the break down, if I remove all the extras and addons, it's exactly the same premium for the Coupe over your Sedan. If you don't know what you're talking about, don't try to make people feel bad about their own shit. lol.
I can only assume you got it for a very high interest rate because I built out exactly what you've mentioned above, and topped out just under $42K CAD. Still incredibly expensive, I know what the dealer's margins are, and their invoice pricing. If you're comfortable paying that, that's all on you brother but I was just shocked to see how much you got your Si for. Here's a thread with how much people paid for their Si's, some Canadians in there too I'm sure:
https://www.civicx.com/threads/10th-gen-civic-si-what-did-you-pay.11500/

I got my Si, #325 off the production line in the first month that the Si was released. Took it $1,800 below MSRP even at that time, didn't add any warranty packages because I knew I would be modifying. The crazy markup money paid to Honda is much better used going to an independent tech, and being ahead of all maintenance schedules... my oil changes for reference are $120 CAD every 5-6,000kms, and that's not sucker pricing it's just the oil that I use is overkill since the car is modified and sees track time, so you can't trust a Honda dealership to maintain it at a higher level than what their training manual indicates.

https://www.limitlessmotorsports.ca/engine-oil/90918-motul-300v-0w20-racing-motor-oil-2l-104239.html

--

Anyways, back to the Brembos because :offtopic::topic: Watch this if you are considering a BBK for any vehicle:

OP
OP
Modfyd

Modfyd

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
So after doing some long term decision making about the TL kit, I went with the bolt up setup of the Genesis Coupe. I ended up getting custom rotors made and will be selling them shortly for those whom want to go this route. They are T slotted and will bolt up directly to the 10th gen platform. Im finishing up my rear calipers getting powder coated and will launch the video shortly of the final setup on my YT Channel. For now I setup the preview of the process to prep the front calipers. Here's what they look like:

Honda Civic 10th gen New DIY Brembo Brake Kit - How To - Screenshot_20200126-005818_Gallery

Honda Civic 10th gen New DIY Brembo Brake Kit - How To - 20191217_144326

Honda Civic 10th gen New DIY Brembo Brake Kit - How To - 20191231_190254

Honda Civic 10th gen New DIY Brembo Brake Kit - How To - 20200116_174304

Honda Civic 10th gen New DIY Brembo Brake Kit - How To - 20200122_162147

Jay_Tech

First Name
Jarrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I'm not kidding when I tell you that I checked brembos website for brakes for the Si and then wilwood when I didn't find calipers. I felt like they would have these parts direct fit available by now 4 years later.. and they have calipers for a 2006 TL? Like seriously a TL? Who gives a shit? I'm starting to dislike Brembo based on them having brakes for a bloody useless TL but not a Civic.

And I do like the TL but it's not a flipping sports car and even though the Civic is just an entry-level sports car it's still far more deserving of a brake kit than a frigging TL! Lol
I'm not sure about Brembo, but Willwood does have a kit available for the 10th gen. They just dont make it easy to find. Its listed for the 2017 civic. It's a 6 pot kit but it's about 1700 bucks. Many DIY kits can be made much cheaper.

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So after doing some long term decision making about the TL kit, I went with the bolt up setup of the Genesis Coupe. I ended up getting custom rotors made and will be selling them shortly for those whom want to go this route. They are T slotted and will bolt up directly to the 10th gen platform. Im finishing up my rear calipers getting powder coated and will launch the video shortly of the final setup on my YT Channel. For now I setup the preview of the process to prep the front calipers. Here's what they look like:
I'm going to be sliding into your DM's very shortly sir, this is great to see!

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
Any chance that the Genesis Brembos fit under a 17" wheel? Don't really want to get a set of 18" winter wheels. It appears the RL calipers will fit under 17s. (obviously spacers may or may not be necessary regardless).

FC3L15B7

I'm a machine.
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I can only assume you got it for a very high interest rate because I built out exactly what you've mentioned above, and topped out just under $42K CAD. Still incredibly expensive, I know what the dealer's margins are, and their invoice pricing. If you're comfortable paying that, that's all on you brother but I was just shocked to see how much you got your Si for. Here's a thread with how much people paid for their Si's, some Canadians in there too I'm sure:

I got my Si, #325 off the production line in the first month that the Si was released. Took it $1,800 below MSRP even at that time, didn't add any warranty packages because I knew I would be modifying. The crazy markup money paid to Honda is much better used going to an independent tech, and being ahead of all maintenance schedules... my oil changes for reference are $120 CAD every 5-6,000kms, and that's not sucker pricing it's just the oil that I use is overkill since the car is modified and sees track time, so you can't trust a Honda dealership to maintain it at a higher level than what their training manual indicates.
Since you feel the need to know.. I also have GAP. It's financed at a higher interest rate because I choose 72-months due to it being open finance. I can pay it off sooner for less, but I wanted to keep the minimum payment low so I can buy a motorcycle or do other things. I make enough money to have it paid off in 24 months. That's not the point. In the event something happens, I can still make my payment if I'm in a coma because I have coverage for all my bills in the event I'm a vegetable. lol.
Sponsored