How can brake hold be used to hill start 1st/reverse on the Si?

2018 Si FireFighter

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si, 2010 F150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wait so on a hill the car doesn't roll back if the clutch is in? How come?
The process is in this order......
1) Press clutch and put into 1st or REV depending on the direction you intend to go.

2) Firmly press brake. When you let off the brake the car will hold still for approximately 1-2 sec then letting go if there is no action from the driver otherwise start driving like normal and the brake will let go allowing you to move. The releasing of the brake is dependent on you pulling out the clutch and a motion of the intended direction. The hill must be greater than a certain degree(I don’t know what it is) for it to hold.

3) If the auto hill assist doesn’t work like you would like, the brake hold button works on any hill grade and will keep you from moving for 10 min before auto switching to the parking brake.

Hope that helps.
Sponsored

2018 Si FireFighter

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si, 2010 F150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think the civic has just the brake hold feature and is not a hill assist, if I’m not mistaken. If I am wrong, how do you engage hill assist?
Hill assist is not a feature you can turn on or off. It just happens.

The process is in this order......
1) Press clutch and put into 1st or REV depending on the direction you intend to go.

2) Firmly press brake. When you let off the brake the car will hold still for approximately 1-2 sec then letting go if there is no action from the driver otherwise start driving like normal and the brake will let go allowing you to move. The releasing of the brake is dependent on you pulling out the clutch and a motion of the intended direction. The hill must be greater than a certain degree(I don’t know what it is) for it to hold.

3) If the auto hill assist doesn’t work like you would like, the brake hold button works on any hill grade and will keep you from moving for 10 min before auto switching to the parking brake.

Hope that helps.