Modfyd

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Since you feel the need to know.. I also have GAP. It's financed at a higher interest rate because I choose 72-months due to it being open finance. I can pay it off sooner for less, but I wanted to keep the minimum payment low so I can buy a motorcycle or do other things. I make enough money to have it paid off in 24 months. That's not the point. In the event something happens, I can still make my payment if I'm in a coma because I have coverage for all my bills in the event I'm a vegetable. lol.
Take this offtopic stuff into DMs please...
Sponsored

OP
OP
Modfyd

Modfyd

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Any chance that the Genesis Brembos fit under a 17" wheel? Don't really want to get a set of 18" winter wheels. It appears the RL calipers will fit under 17s. (obviously spacers may or may not be necessary regardless).
17s used with the genesis calipers would definitely fit provided you get the right offset wheel. I cant tell you which wheel works specifically because the design plays a huge factor in the wheel offset. Mine barely clear by somewhere in the realm of 1/16".

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
17s used with the genesis calipers would definitely fit provided you get the right offset wheel. I cant tell you which wheel works specifically because the design plays a huge factor in the wheel offset. Mine barely clear by somewhere in the realm of 1/16".
Yeah, figured spacers would likely be necessary without aggressive wheels. Thanks!

DHM85

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si
Country flag
So after doing some long term decision making about the TL kit, I went with the bolt up setup of the Genesis Coupe. I ended up getting custom rotors made and will be selling them shortly for those whom want to go this route. They are T slotted and will bolt up directly to the 10th gen platform. Im finishing up my rear calipers getting powder coated and will launch the video shortly of the final setup on my YT Channel. For now I setup the preview of the process to prep the front calipers. Here's what they look like:

Screenshot_20200126-005818_Gallery.jpg

20191217_144326.jpg

20191231_190254.jpg

20200116_174304.jpg

20200122_162147.jpg
BRUUUUHHHHHHH!!!!! How much total for the Brembo setup and who in the squashnuts powder coated these gems!? NEED!

OP
OP
Modfyd

Modfyd

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
BRUUUUHHHHHHH!!!!! How much total for the Brembo setup and who in the squashnuts powder coated these gems!? NEED!
I do the powdercoating. The setup varies depending on how cheap you can find the calipers either on Ebay or offerup, etc. I also sell the cnc custom made rotors. You can PM me or contact me on IG @modfyd_motorsports

OP
OP
Modfyd

Modfyd

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag

millerlite

First Name
Miller
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 RSX TYPE S
Country flag
Don’t know if this has to be done but I did this in my 06 Rsx type S back in 2014 and I also had to machine the TL brembos where it mounts into the knuckle.

OP
OP
Modfyd

Modfyd

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Don’t know if this has to be done but I did this in my 06 Rsx type S back in 2014 and I also had to machine the TL brembos where it mounts into the knuckle.
No machining required.

Fc3_Si

First Name
Rdel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Si Coupe, 17 Si Coupe, 19 Civic Type R
Country flag
Damn, these looks so good. Do you think 18x9.5 +35 will clear the brembos or would i need 20mm spacers?

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
So after doing some long term decision making about the TL kit, I went with the bolt up setup of the Genesis Coupe. I ended up getting custom rotors made and will be selling them shortly for those whom want to go this route. They are T slotted and will bolt up directly to the 10th gen platform. Im finishing up my rear calipers getting powder coated and will launch the video shortly of the final setup on my YT Channel. For now I setup the preview of the process to prep the front calipers. Here's what they look like:

Screenshot_20200126-005818_Gallery.jpg

20191217_144326.jpg

20191231_190254.jpg

20200116_174304.jpg

20200122_162147.jpg
This looks really nice! I've been looking for something on the cheaper side, with the addition of a better rear setup as well.

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
This looks really nice! I've been looking for something on the cheaper side, with the addition of a better rear setup as well.
Apart from better pads, there is no better rear setup unfortunately.

OP
OP
Modfyd

Modfyd

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Apart from better pads, there is no better rear setup unfortunately.
Mainly due to the fact that the rear is also the ebrake. The front brakes are primary source of braking power.

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan - Aegean Blue Metallic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
In regards to a rear brake upgrade, it would be very nice to see a caliper carrier that will move up the position of the caliper allowing for larger rotors. A week ago I saw an RS3 sedan at the shop where I take to get my Si worked on getting the following kit...the install couldn't have been any more straight forward. Simply remove Calipers and Rotors, bolt on the Caliper Carrier, install the factory e-brake caliper to it, fit the larger rotors, and tighten it up. The factory front rotors on an RS3 are 370mm clamped by 8-piston calipers, and I know a majority of braking is done at the front, but a larger bolt-on kit will help relieve the front brakes quite some, in additional to looking evenly front and rear.

For reference, I've upgraded gone through 1 pair of front rotors, on my 3rd set of front pads, but my rear pads and rotors are still original for another 2 weeks after 48k kms (30k miles) of driving which included several AutoX and Track days so I'm confident that the rears on Si's could use something like this.

Paging @Vincent@27WON ;)

All said and done, the factory wheels went back on the RS3, and it was so appealing to see brakes filling up the entire wheel.

https://neuspeed.com/collections/au...d-2-piece-rear-brake-rotor-kit-350mm-991049br

Honda Civic 10th gen New DIY Brembo Brake Kit - How To - 99.10.49B_200x
Honda Civic 10th gen New DIY Brembo Brake Kit - How To - 99.10.49B_img6_200x