Honda Civic 10th gen New DIY Brembo Brake Kit - How To - IMG_20190723_203657
Sponsored

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
In regards to a rear brake upgrade, it would be very nice to see a caliper carrier that will move up the position of the caliper allowing for larger rotors. A week ago I saw an RS3 sedan at the shop where I take to get my Si worked on getting the following kit...the install couldn't have been any more straight forward. Simply remove Calipers and Rotors, bolt on the Caliper Carrier, install the factory e-brake caliper to it, fit the larger rotors, and tighten it up. The factory front rotors on an RS3 are 370mm clamped by 8-piston calipers, and I know a majority of braking is done at the front, but a larger bolt-on kit will help relieve the front brakes quite some, in additional to looking evenly front and rear.

For reference, I've upgraded gone through 1 pair of front rotors, on my 3rd set of front pads, but my rear pads and rotors are still original for another 2 weeks after 48k kms (30k miles) of driving which included several AutoX and Track days so I'm confident that the rears on Si's could use something like this.

Paging @Vincent@27WON ;)

All said and done, the factory wheels went back on the RS3, and it was so appealing to see brakes filling up the entire wheel.

https://neuspeed.com/collections/au...d-2-piece-rear-brake-rotor-kit-350mm-991049br

99.10.49B_200x.jpg
99.10.49B_img6_200x.jpg
Had that option on my old WRX. The bracket from an Outback which had slightly larger rear rotors was a direct fit. Slap that on with a larger rotor and good to go. Granted, it wasn't a huge difference, but it shifted the bias a bit towards the back.

st4xor

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
In regards to a rear brake upgrade, it would be very nice to see a caliper carrier that will move up the position of the caliper allowing for larger rotors. A week ago I saw an RS3 sedan at the shop where I take to get my Si worked on getting the following kit...the install couldn't have been any more straight forward. Simply remove Calipers and Rotors, bolt on the Caliper Carrier, install the factory e-brake caliper to it, fit the larger rotors, and tighten it up. The factory front rotors on an RS3 are 370mm clamped by 8-piston calipers, and I know a majority of braking is done at the front, but a larger bolt-on kit will help relieve the front brakes quite some, in additional to looking evenly front and rear.

For reference, I've upgraded gone through 1 pair of front rotors, on my 3rd set of front pads, but my rear pads and rotors are still original for another 2 weeks after 48k kms (30k miles) of driving which included several AutoX and Track days so I'm confident that the rears on Si's could use something like this.

Paging @Vincent@27WON ;)

All said and done, the factory wheels went back on the RS3, and it was so appealing to see brakes filling up the entire wheel.

https://neuspeed.com/collections/au...d-2-piece-rear-brake-rotor-kit-350mm-991049br

99.10.49B_200x.jpg
99.10.49B_img6_200x.jpg
Just saw a guy gauging interest on the ctrmofo FB page. My understanding is that all of the xgen civics have the same rears. Anyone who is interested should give a like and/or get in touch to express interest:

View attachment 204086

Rustlinjimmies

First Name
Meh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag

Paging @Vincent@27WON ;)

99.10.49B_200x.jpg
99.10.49B_img6_200x.jpg
to touch on your concern for the fronts and correct me if im wrong here but aren't the 10th gens designed to brake much heavier on the fronts compared to the rears?

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan - Aegean Blue Metallic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
to touch on your concern for the fronts and correct me if im wrong here but aren't the 10th gens designed to brake much heavier on the fronts compared to the rears?
Correct, I believe it's 70/30 front to rear braking bias. Weight distribution is also about 62/38, so under hard breaking I feel the rear end on this civic gets very light, almost unstable. I haven't yet experimented with more aggressive rear pads, but I do have SS lines. A larger rear rotor using the same caliper and pads won't change brake torque bias, it will simply allow for better heat dissipation and less pad fade. But also visually the I feel having a front BBK, and generic rear brakes just looks weak.

To plant the rear down some more I'm hoping this company (https://www.carusedesign.com/) makes the full-length gurney spoiler for the Si sedan; currently the sedan variant doesn't extend out to the ends.

Honda Civic 10th gen New DIY Brembo Brake Kit - How To - 1595021387432

Here's their rendering of the Coupe version that does extend all the way, which I would love to see on the sedan!

Honda Civic 10th gen New DIY Brembo Brake Kit - How To - 1595020994809

Rustlinjimmies

First Name
Meh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Correct, I believe it's 70/30 front to rear braking bias. Weight distribution is also about 62/38, so under hard breaking I feel the rear end on this civic gets very light, almost unstable. I haven't yet experimented with more aggressive rear pads, but I do have SS lines. A larger rear rotor using the same caliper and pads won't change brake torque bias, it will simply allow for better heat dissipation and less pad fade. But also visually the I feel having a front BBK, and generic rear brakes just looks weak.

To plant the rear down some more I'm hoping this company (https://www.carusedesign.com/) makes the full-length gurney spoiler for the Si sedan; currently the sedan variant doesn't extend out to the ends.

1595021387432.png

Here's their rendering of the Coupe version that does extend all the way, which I would love to see on the sedan!

1595020994809.png
I thought so I’m waiting for my brembo seals to arrive my pads get here tomorrow and my rotors not sure hopefully next week so I’m excited to get it all running.

I know rolloface came out with a rear calipers for our cars, 4k deep tho for it LOL

FC3L15B7

I'm a machine.
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic 2 Door Coupe Si / 1993 Chrysler Intrepid 3.5L
Country flag
Correct, I believe it's 70/30 front to rear braking bias. Weight distribution is also about 62/38, so under hard breaking I feel the rear end on this civic gets very light, almost unstable.
The Civic is pretty slim behind - no junk in the trunk. :)

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan - Aegean Blue Metallic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I thought so I’m waiting for my brembo seals to arrive my pads get here tomorrow and my rotors not sure hopefully next week so I’m excited to get it all running.

I know rolloface came out with a rear calipers for our cars, 4k deep tho for it LOL
Haven't seen their rear kit yet but Rolloface have always appeared as Bling/Show brakes to me. APG, and R1 Concepts do offer a rear 4-piston BBK; both companies have more track testing background so I would trust them more for the kit. There is a kit that's already been done by a company in China

The Civic is pretty slim behind - no junk in the trunk. :)
True, 2,900 lbs is pretty light :)

Finallygotasi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 si
Country flag
So after doing some long term decision making about the TL kit, I went with the bolt up setup of the Genesis Coupe. I ended up getting custom rotors made and will be selling them shortly for those whom want to go this route. They are T slotted and will bolt up directly to the 10th gen platform. Im finishing up my rear calipers getting powder coated and will launch the video shortly of the final setup on my YT Channel. For now I setup the preview of the process to prep the front calipers. Here's what they look like:

Screenshot_20200126-005818_Gallery.jpg

20191217_144326.jpg

20191231_190254.jpg

20200116_174304.jpg

20200122_162147.jpg
What kind of.rims are you running?

Rustlinjimmies

First Name
Meh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Haven't seen their rear kit yet but Rolloface have always appeared as Bling/Show brakes to me. APG, and R1 Concepts do offer a rear 4-piston BBK; both companies have more track testing background so I would trust them more for the kit. There is a kit that's already been done by a company in China

True, 2,900 lbs is pretty light :)
I’ve never owned rolloface they are from my hometown in riverside so I was like oh damn but then saw the price I’m like oh no I’m good lmao

OP
OP
Modfyd

Modfyd

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
RAGE Performance Technik from Singapore has offered a rear brake upsize kit for a while now.

RAGE Performance Technik Rear Brake Kit

It's just a new rotor, optionally two-piece floating in a variety of sizes with a caliper bracket to relocate the rear caliper.

It's listed as $850, but I think that's in Singapore currency and converts to about $615 USD. I assume that's one-piece rotors in the smallest size. I am also unsure what the shipping charge to the US would be. Last summer they advertised they shipped their first kit to a customer in the US.

When it comes to brake bias, understanding how the system the Civics have works is key.

There is no proportioning valve. There is no pre-set fluid pressure bias outside the initial 50/50 pressure distribution.

The EBD/VSA system continuously monitors wheel speeds and as the rear wheels begin to slow more quickly than the front wheels due to the shift of the load, it reduces the pressure to the rear wheels to equalize the speed of the front and rear.

The system works continuously while braking and is very resilient to changes to "brake bias" because it has no inbuilt brake bias. It simply starts at 50/50 front/rear pressure and modulates from there as it gathers feedback from the wheel rotation sensors.

Honda Civic 10th gen New DIY Brembo Brake Kit - How To - 1595369684364

Last edited:

Bonong96

First Name
Morville
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Why not just do the Hyundai/Nissan Caliper -Rotor combo, it bolts up with no modifications (and 20mm wheel spacers). I have this setup on my car, it has been great.

IMG_9987-copy.jpg
Do you think hyundai genesis rear brembo calipers will fit it front of SI?

Rustlinjimmies

First Name
Meh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Not entirely sure what you’re asking lol the Si calipers on the rear are a lot trickier with the electronic parking brake so a simple swap is not as easy as the fronts

OP
OP
Modfyd

Modfyd

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
I understand your question, however the rear caliper is designed differently and the mounting bolts are definitely not going to line up.
Sponsored