Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
'23 Si, '20 FC4 (sold)
Country flag
COBB Tuning has just released their Accessport for the 2017+ Honda Civic Type R! Not only have they brought their tuning platform to Honda, but you can also instantly perform a jailbreak (ECU unlock) for no extra cost.
We have these in stock and ready to ship!

Honda Civic 10th gen NEW COBB Accessport for FK8 @ TSP! 1702912598399
Honda Civic 10th gen NEW COBB Accessport for FK8 @ TSP! 1702912614681
Honda Civic 10th gen NEW COBB Accessport for FK8 @ TSP! 1702912631862

The Accessport kit for the Honda Civic Type R will include the ability to flash the earlier ECUs, but you'll also be able to instantly perform an unlock (or jailbreak) on the newer model years where other tuning solutions would require costly additional fees and components. No initial jailbreak is required! Install can be done directly via the OBDII port for 2017-2019 Type R. The supplied proprietary unlock box can be used to quickly unlock (jailbreak) the ECU for the 2020-2021 vehicles in minutes!

Choose up to 6 monitors from hundreds available to live view via digital readout or with corresponding dynamic bar graph plus record multiple data channels simultaneously via datalogging for in-depth evaluation of engine performance all while being interchangeable by the end user on the fly!

This device allows you to clock the vehicle's 0-60mph time as well as an estimate 1/4-mile time. With the supplied Stage 0/Simulated stock map you can have back-to-back results to compare a stock truck to a tuned Type R. The Accessport transforms into a diagnostic tool allowing you to read ECU fault codes, view the states of individual emissions readiness monitors, reset the vehicle's ECU Keep Alive Memory, and manually identify the vehicle.

The user can see what tune is flashed to the vehicle, quickly change between maps without having to do a full reflash and access the adjustments portion featuring the exclusive COBB Custom Features that provide expanded functionality and performance that the vehicle doesn't come with from the factory. Each Accessport for the FK8 Type R will come preloaded with the COBB Tuning off the shelf maps:

Stage 0 (Simulated Stock)
Stage 1 91 Octane (95 RON)
Stage 1 93 Octane (98 RON)

The Accessport as well as all of the OTS maps are fully covered by an EO from CARB meaning that you can tune both inside and outside of California without worry. COBB will not ask you for your personal information or vehicle details. All the power, all the features, none of the intrusive data collection or limited functionality!

COBB is already in progress adding a slew of COBB Custom Features that you may recognize such as Flat Foot Shifting and Launch Control and hope to have them released in the coming months!​

Last edited:

Iilac

Spelled with a I not a L for Iilac.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000, CTR, TUNDRA, MAXIMA, CX9
Country flag
Big plus for free unlocking. I hope @Hondata did the free unlocking as well

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Really good timing for this. My car's extended warranty is just about to expire, so I was thinking of doing some sort of tune. More options never hurts I guess.

I was likely going to drive up to King and have them do a tune or flash one onto my car.

Last edited:

OP
OP
Savannah@TSP

Savannah@TSP

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
'23 Si, '20 FC4 (sold)
Country flag
More information on the OTS tunes. Likely tested on an otherwise stock FK8.

Requires:
- Stock or upgraded CBE
- Stock air box and filter
- Stock intercooler

@ 25psi (+/- 1psi at redline)
Honda Civic 10th gen NEW COBB Accessport for FK8 @ TSP! 1702928484225

Honda Civic 10th gen NEW COBB Accessport for FK8 @ TSP! 1702928526922

Honda Civic 10th gen NEW COBB Accessport for FK8 @ TSP! 1702928541604

MoodySara

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type R - Boost Blue; 2024 Civic Touring - SGP
Country flag
The 91 octane curves look terrible below 3,000 RPM.
The 93 octane curves look good across the board.
What accounts for the big difference in the shape of the curves between 91 and 93?

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Si, 19 Accord 2.0T, 23 Type R
Country flag
What accounts for the big difference in the shape of the curves between 91 and 93?
These are not our maps so we cannot speak for Cobb but it's fair to assume there is less boost and/or timing in the 91 octane map. Thankfully this is a non-issue for the great majority of us.

Edit - I did some digging. Boost curves are the same, more ignition advance with 93 octane.

Last edited:

Shred

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It looks like they prioritized having a smoother curve. The 91 tune's curve doesn't have the little dip between ~2700 to ~3500 that the stock tune does. It climbs pretty uniformly by comparison. The Hondata 91 base map has a similar curve with lower output than stock in the early powerband.

MediaMaster

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR, 2024 Ford Maverick
Country flag
These are not our maps so we cannot speak for Cobb but it's fair to assume there is less boost and/or timing in the 91 octane map. Thankfully this is a non-issue for the great majority of us.

Edit - I did some digging. Boost curves are the same, more ignition advance with 93 octane.
So if I've got a stock tune now and I purchase this, do I have to elect one tune (ie. 91 or 93). Or does the tune detect which gas I filled up with? I have one station that has 93 locally, the rest have 91.

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Si, 19 Accord 2.0T, 23 Type R
Country flag
So if I've got a stock tune now and I purchase this, do I have to elect one tune (ie. 91 or 93). Or does the tune detect which gas I filled up with? I have one station that has 93 locally, the rest have 91.
In that case you would have to select the file and go with it. You could switch the tune in your car pretty easily as needed but it would take 5 minutes or so to flash the ECU. I've certainly pulled up to the gas station before and performed a flash while filling up the tank. :lol:

sLing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
In that case you would have to select the file and go with it. You could switch the tune in your car pretty easily as needed but it would take 5 minutes or so to flash the ECU. I've certainly pulled up to the gas station before and performed a flash while filling up the tank. :lol:
you guys aren't scared of getting stranded by a failed ECU flash?

OP
OP
Savannah@TSP

Savannah@TSP

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
'23 Si, '20 FC4 (sold)
Country flag
you guys aren't scared of getting stranded by a failed ECU flash?
Can't say either of us have had that happen.

FK8_Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Country flag
Unfortunately, Cobb confirmed that there will be no "Off road/Race" Version of this. Which means no Catless support or anything that has to do with emissions. Not to be that guy but, I don't see a point of going Cobb when Hondata just offers so much more lol
Sponsored