REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
I know but it’s really help to get attention :dunno:
LOL I just expected some important information for those who already had a catch can installed like a warning or something
Sponsored

First Name
adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda civic x 2018
Country flag
is there an advantage of replacing the stock OCT with an aftermarket one? apart from cosmetic reasons...?

blitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
For those with an oil catch can, I recommend checking the oil level every 1k-2k miles because the oil catch cans will collect oil during this period. Some members with oil catch cans collect more oil than other members, so there is not a prescriptive standard to use. Secondly, some members may have engines with small oil leaks, so this is another reason to check the oil levels if the vehicle has an oil catch can.

eee.ccc

First Name
Vale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 DC5, 2019 Si Sedan
Country flag
Well played OP for a clickbait title. Loll

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Literally one of those clickbait scam Ad titles you see on every major website.

IronFusion

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Had the same concern when removing the evap tube for ethanol sensor install. Good call warming things up. Cutting the tube risks cutting the barbed nipple if not careful. Retching and twisting it isn't no-concern either. I rarely check my can. Maybe at oil changes, unless its been a cold and wet winter. Winter hasn't existed lately in my area.

Last edited:

Bunhyung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Sport Touring
So I took a car for a quick spin to warm up engine bay and then it was easy to remove since rubber hose expanded.
Now I have another issue. After I installed catch can OUT hose is actually rubbing against another hose... Any recommendations?

0495098A-CFC0-4EF7-89DD-C36FAFEED136.jpeg

image.jpg
It may look like it's rubbing but on mine at least, there is nore than half a centimeter of aoace between the two hoses. The oil catch can hoses are stiff enough so that there should be no fore and aft movement to cause abrasion, the worst
they do is bounce off of each other.

Another thing to try is to rotate the inlet hose slightly counterclockwise (to the front of the car) and the cirve in the hose will give you more separation.