Macama

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatch EX 21
Country flag
Hello. I own a 2021 Civic Hatch CVT. I installed the Mishimoto 2016+ Honda Civic 1.5L Turbo Baffled Oil Catch Can at around 15k miles. I am currently at 18k and as you can see from pictures it caught all of that oil. Should I be worried? Bring it in to Honda to get checked out? Sorry if this sounds dumb. My first car and first “engine mod” I did myself. It just seems to be a lot of oil for only 3k miles. Also the car has no tune and no other bolt ons yet. Thank you!

Honda Civic 10th gen Mishimoto 2016+ Honda Civic 1.5L Turbo Baffled Oil Catch Can IMG_0654

Honda Civic 10th gen Mishimoto 2016+ Honda Civic 1.5L Turbo Baffled Oil Catch Can IMG_0653

Benster

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic HB Sport 6MT
Country flag
What are your driving habits? If you do a lot of short drives, getting more oil and fluid through that catch can is perfectly normal. If you drive over 30 min often, then you have a lot of blow-by from your engine and may need to get it checked out.

OP
OP

Macama

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatch EX 21
Country flag
What are your driving habits? If you do a lot of short drives, getting more oil and fluid through that catch can is perfectly normal. If you drive over 30 min often, then you have a lot of blow-by from your engine and may need to get it checked out.
A lot of short drives usually at most 30 min drives. Chicago winter too I read cold weather affects it

panas

First Name
Panos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2019 sedan, non-Si
Country flag
I have also installed this and after 45000km is has less than 1cm of oil inside. Totally! So I am troubled as well but in the opposite way.. (Mostly driving short distances less that 15min too).
I don't think you should have soo much oil caught there..

Benster

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic HB Sport 6MT
Country flag
My catch can is usually around 3/4 full after 5-6k miles. My drives are normally 25-30 minutes, plenty of time for the car to warm up. Short drives are normally less than 10 minutes.

First Name
Ricardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I have a Mishimoto catch can and I try to clean it every other oil change and it’s a very little amount of oil I get out of it. I went several months one time and I drive 40 minutes each way to work so I was expecting my catch can to be at least half way full but it wasn’t even a quarter full - so your picture surprises me…..but I am new to all this

OP
OP

Macama

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatch EX 21
Country flag
What should I say to Honda when I bring it in. I have no idea what the problem could even be. I am also new to all this
Sponsored