Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This is a good thread, I just read the whole thing. So far we have yet to see a reason needed for a 40 weight oil on these cars. Yes, we do suggest a 30 weight when bumping up to a W1, that's because of more power, more heat, more boost, etc. We want the thicker oil to help preserve things. But honestly more importantly beyond that is maintenance . Change your oil regularly.
Sponsored

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
This is a good thread, I just read the whole thing. So far we have yet to see a reason needed for a 40 weight oil on these cars. Yes, we do suggest a 30 weight when bumping up to a W1, that's because of more power, more heat, more boost, etc. We want the thicker oil to help preserve things. But honestly more importantly beyond that is maintenance . Change your oil regularly.
Do you think a high viscosity 0W-20 like Amsoil SS at 9.0 (bumping up against the minimum viscosity of 30) is sufficient, or is the bump to 9.3+ really that important?

IronFusion

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do you think a high viscosity 0W-20 like Amsoil SS at 9.0 (bumping up against the minimum viscosity of 30) is sufficient, or is the bump to 9.3+ really that important?
Your context isn't clear. Vincent was commenting on larger turbos not having some common thing, that thir capacity can benefit from going from 20 to 30.

Again... Vincent's knowledge is not strange but this MHI TD03 _is_. Makes me think it may be vaporware. There has to be some comprise to being virtually stock as it is.

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
Your context isn't clear. Vincent was commenting on larger turbos not having some common thing, that thir capacity can benefit from going from 20 to 30.

Again... Vincent's knowledge is not strange but this MHI TD03 _is_. Makes me think it may be vaporware. There has to be some comprise to being virtually stock as it is.
When installing a W1.

nikkon

First Name
Mihai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic 1.5T
Country flag
I am considering a w1 as well. Definetly not gonna change the oil I use ( motul 0w30)

The Vyzitor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport FK7, 2010 VW GTI MKVI
Country flag
30 weight spans from a bare minimum of 9.3 all the way to like 12.5cSt... if the recommendation for the W1 is 30 weight, I’d want something that is more than almost the bare minimum.

awsomsauce

First Name
Theodore
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 Gen si and 2 6 gen sedans
Country flag
From experience, wait to buy the w2 turbo. The power gain didn’t feel worth $1800 for the td03. I’m certain had we had the chance to line up my si to my friends Si with the w1 installed he still would have won. The way the turbo failed on my car I’m luck to still have a good engine.

Last edited:

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
From experience, wait to buy the w2 turbo. The power gain didn’t feel worth $1800 for the td03. I’m certain had we had the chance to line up my si to my friends Si with the w1 installed he still would have won.
I think some of the appeal is it looks and fits like stock with a moderate improvement in airflow. Probably easy to pass inspection with since it looks basically exactly like the OEM turbo vs. the 27Won that looks considerably different.

FLOPPER

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX 6MT
Country flag
Here’s a video of the Aftermath
Sorry not laughing at you, laughing at your video.

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sorry not laughing at you, laughing at your video.
That was hilarious. I had the sound off and was just looking him wiggling it at work. Since you laughed, I turned the sound up. At least he has a sense of humor. :rofl: Kinda reminded me of my joker laugh when my engine blew. May as well laugh. What else to do...

FLOPPER

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX 6MT
Country flag
That was hilarious. I had the sound off and was just looking him wiggling it at work. Since you laughed, I turned the sound up. At least he has a sense of humor. :rofl: Kinda reminded me of my joker laugh when my engine blew. May as well laugh. What else to do...
No truer words, my friend lol.

• Haha
Reactions: Myx

awsomsauce

First Name
Theodore
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 Gen si and 2 6 gen sedans
Country flag
No worries. I just want to make people aware with proof so they can make an informed decision based on facts and not rumors. And if I can make it painless by making fun of the situation even better. Also to this very minute I’m still awaiting my refund. The turbo was shipped back to a location in Illinois. Once inspected they’ll contact the vendor I bought it from, and me hopefully about the claim. I’ll let you guys know what happens next.

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No worries. I just want to make people aware with proof so they can make an informed decision based on facts and not rumors. And if I can make it painless by making fun of the situation even better. Also to this very minute I’m still awaiting my refund. The turbo was shipped back to a location in Illinois. Once inspected they’ll contact the vendor I bought it from, and me hopefully about the claim. I’ll let you guys know what happens next.

We (At least I do) really appreciate your approach to this and keeping us informed. Most people find it hard to share going through something like this after making this kind if purchase. Especially if they happen to originally say a lot of good things about the product.

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I would suggest the bump to the 30 weight. I don't like playing that much on the edge if I can avoid it.

I am considering a w1 as well. Definetly not gonna change the oil I use ( motul 0w30)
Motul is a good oil, but note it requires more frequent changes. The ester base is very good in how it keeps itself together in extreme heat and racing but it gets diriter quicker. Saying it wont suspend particles as well as the more "off the shelf" stuff.
Sponsored