luispe7

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I hope my knock control was stable past +5200 RPM like on the SI's. Looks pretty good tbh. If maf readings are precise, with my very imprecise calculations you should be near the 300hp zone or even higher with ethanol. How does it feel? Is the ACT cluth holding up?
Having fun with the MHI upgraded turbo

Sponsored

luispe7

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
What oil are you using? If you ever cared about MM, is there concern the maintenance calculations won't match your use? Glad you are enjoying! Thanks!
I'm using 5w30

kytos

First Name
Marcos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC SPORT 1.5t 2017 EUDM
Country flag
Is your thought that sitting in between factory and MHI Oil Requirements should be good? Just wondering how much concern you have with others having found out MHI called for -40
MHI recomended to use oils thicker than 0w20. So 0w30/5w30...

0percentapr

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Is your thought that sitting in between factory and MHI Oil Requirements should be good? Just wondering how much concern you have with others having found out MHI called for -40
If you look at the page before this one, someone posted an email from MHI basically rescinding the recommendation because they couldn't verify the safety of using that thick of an oil on these engines

IronFusion

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you look at the page before this one, someone posted an email from MHI basically rescinding the recommendation because they couldn't verify the safety of using that thick of an oil on these engines

Thanks- been an on-again/off-again reader of this thread since someone's blew. I know a sample size of one is poo, but the blowing of one turbo is a tragedy.

0percentapr

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Thanks- been an on-again/off-again reader of this thread since someone's blew. I know a sample size of one is poo, but the blowing of one turbo is a tragedy.
Yes, I remember that. I think he mentioned there was a good chance his oil could've been overfilled or something like that. I believe there have been users that have used 0w20 as well and have been fine. Not sure what their driving habits are like, so I can't speak on that though. Considering the fact that the MHI upgrade isn't vastly different from the original turbo and also that the other more different turbos like W1 still don't use 10w40 oil, I'm sure 0w30 or 5w30 would suffice. Only an oil analysis would tell I guess, which no one has done yet. The only reason the MHI would be worth it imo is if a person lived in California and didn't want to deal with smog because Hondata has a specific carb legal tune for that turbo.

nikkon

First Name
Mihai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic 1.5T
Country flag
I just seen their video. Crazy ?

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

CAPTS

First Name
TY
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen CivicX CVT->MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
MHI Bolt-On Turbo Upgrade (GONE WRONG) | PROJECT FC3 (10th Gen Civic) | Edge Autosport - YouTube

Edge Autosport had 3 (THREE) MHI turbos fail on them on first pull and are still waiting for MHI to let them know what went wrong.
I've MENTIONED it MANY - MANY times regarding eng oil ! especially at warmer climates he did miss a part during lube process - CAPTS implemented an extra step to DOUBLE check ! heh . . . check your oil pump gears ;) peak boost 23 psi above 6000 ft elevation ? AGREE with them could be a bad batch & NOT pointing fingers at any parties. agree with him towards the end around 15.55
Sponsored