Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No worries. I just want to make people aware with proof so they can make an informed decision based on facts and not rumors. And if I can make it painless by making fun of the situation even better. Also to this very minute I’m still awaiting my refund. The turbo was shipped back to a location in Illinois. Once inspected they’ll contact the vendor I bought it from, and me hopefully about the claim. I’ll let you guys know what happens next.
How long ago did you send it back? are they going to warranty and send you a new one or just give your money back? looks like you said refund but just curious.
Sponsored

awsomsauce

First Name
Theodore
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 Gen si and 2 6 gen sedans
Country flag
How long ago did you send it back? are they going to warranty and send you a new one or just give your money back? looks like you said refund but just curious.
I sent out at the beginning of this week. It supposed to be there tomorrow. The car sat with the broken turbo for almost two weeks before finally getting an RMA number and label to send it back for inspection. I requested to get my money back since they are stating to use a thicker oil than stock.

nikkon

First Name
Mihai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic 1.5T
Country flag
I would suggest the bump to the 30 weight. I don't like playing that much on the edge if I can avoid it.

Motul is a good oil, but note it requires more frequent changes. The ester base is very good in how it keeps itself together in extreme heat and racing but it gets diriter quicker. Saying it wont suspend particles as well as the more "off the shelf" stuff.
I do anyway. my car has 4 changes in 20k km

awsomsauce

First Name
Theodore
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Just yesterday I finally got the news that MHI is warranty the turbo so I can get my money back. Mind you this happened last month. We’re on the 22nd of September. So let this be a lesson and a warning about the turbo. Buyer beware. And I’m still waiting on the money.

0percentapr

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Just yesterday I finally got the news that MHI is warranty the turbo so I can get my money back. Mind you this happened last month. We’re on the 22nd of September. So let this be a lesson and a warning about the turbo. Buyer beware. And I’m still waiting on the money.
What was their reason for the failure?

kytos

First Name
Marcos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC SPORT 1.5t 2017 EUDM
Country flag
I just got a response from MHI Turbo. I asked about the 10w40 oil about 2 months ago.

Dear Mr. Marcos Vidal

Thank you for the inquiry.
We apologize for the late response due to our misunderstanding.

"TD03 replacement turbo" is upgrade turbo for power-up tuning.
This turbo has larger flow capacity wheels, so bearing load become higher than original turbo.
Therefore MHI recommended thicker oil than 0W-20, (10W-40 is just example.)
Using thicker oil, oil pressure increase and engine longevity might be influenced.
Unfortunately MHI has no data for the relation between engine oil pressure and longevity,
so now MHI withdrew the recommendation for oil grade.

Best Regards
MHI Turbo
My guess: It's recommended to use a modern and thicker 0w30/5w30 (API SN/SP - ILSAC GF5/6) with a nice oil base and change it very often due to increased bearing load. And this applies to MHI or any other bigger turbo where we look for performance.

0percentapr

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I just got a response from MHI Turbo. I asked about the 10w40 oil about 2 months ago.

My guess: It's recommended to use a modern and thicker 0w30/5w30 (API SN/SP - ILSAC GF5/6) with a nice oil base and change it very often due to increased bearing load. And this applies to MHI or any other bigger turbo where we look for performance.
So basically an idk, nvm. LOL

IronFusion

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wtf. So there was a requirement, now the requirement is just not Xw-20?
What about the one(s) that have blown and we heard "yup- not 10w40..."

W. T. F.

kytos

First Name
Marcos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
There is just a recomendation, no requirements shown.

awsomsauce

First Name
Theodore
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
What up guys, so I’m getting one of the prototype rv6 drop in turbos in about a week. Can’t wait to install and start tuning. I’ll be posting it under a new thread once I get it.

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

luispe7

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
just my 2 cents here i am adding a datalog i just ran in 3rd gear at wot. i have the MHI TD03 and currently on revision 6 of my etune with drob. I am also on ethanol. my full mods are PRL Cobra CAI Race Maf, PRL FMIC, RV6 Catted DP, PRL Flex Fuel Kit, ACT Clutch and Flywheel, Hasport 62a RMM, MHI TD03 Upgraded Turbo. @86salmon @kytos @LilToTo17

Let me know what you guys think.

Attachments

kytos

First Name
Marcos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
just my 2 cents here i am adding a datalog i just ran in 3rd gear at wot. i have the MHI TD03 and currently on revision 6 of my etune with drob. I am also on ethanol. my full mods are PRL Cobra CAI Race Maf, PRL FMIC, RV6 Catted DP, PRL Flex Fuel Kit, ACT Clutch and Flywheel, Hasport 62a RMM, MHI TD03 Upgraded Turbo. @86salmon @kytos @LilToTo17

Let me know what you guys think.
I hope my knock control was stable past +5200 RPM like on the SI's. Looks pretty good tbh. If maf readings are precise, with my very imprecise calculations you should be near the 300hp zone or even higher with ethanol. How does it feel? Is the ACT cluth holding up?

luispe7

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I hope my knock control was stable past +5200 RPM like on the SI's. Looks pretty good tbh. If maf readings are precise, with my very imprecise calculations you should be near the 300hp zone or even higher with ethanol. How does it feel? Is the ACT cluth holding up?
The ACT clutch is holding up just fine perfect for daily driving and it holds the power fine. Also it has a bite when engaging that is beautiful. if feels very fast at this point I'm on revision 6 of the etune with drob.

i included a link to a 4th gear pull on the mhi td03

Sponsored

Last edited: