IS IT JUST ME OR IS THE 1.5 T CIV CVT TOO FAST?

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's even weirder that if it was digital why did they make it so old ass looking??
Target demographic...? Brand style? This would have been pre-big refresh that happened around ~2005 with the CTS. This was still in the era where a DTS was still understood as being the DeVille Touring Sedan. Seville and Cateras still existed as such. Cadillac changed slow. That 4.6 Northstar which was so great in the early/mid 90s when the iron LT engines were nearing their death to the LSs as an aluminum engine with 24v and VVT... making ~300 how and revving free and fast. They died nearly 20 years later with essentially the same power output, virtually forgotten. You could run one w/o coolant and it'd run in limp mode undamaged... shutting off a cylinder bank and use it's pistons moving essentially to move air and air cool the engine... alternating as necessary to keep it going. Not desirable... but a neat design feature.

Anyone care about having a Northstar powered Cadillac around 2010 in a new car? No? Yeah...

Still... even if their tech ages like milk... Cadillac has had some interesting tech/ideas come out though. Even if you don't own one... they're worth a look and test drive for fun.
Sponsored

CivicXI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-T, Civic EX HB
Country flag
I test drove an ATS. Couldn't get used to that awful dash layout.

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
On the hatch, I believe the Continentals are H-rated, 130mph, continuous run. And I'm not that much of an idiot. I usually get up to 120 for maybe a minute, back down to 100, up to 120, etc.
I used to go up to 120 mph in my Mazda MPV minivan. Before I traded it in for the Civic hatch ST that is. And the Continentals on this car are rated dabya. That 's 168 mph. Hallelujah!

BrianDevin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 EX HatchWagon
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I used to go up to 120 mph in my Mazda MPV minivan. Before I traded it in for the Civic hatch ST that is. And the Continentals on this car are rated dabya. That 's 168 mph. Hallelujah!
I'll go ahead and be That Guy but do you really need to be going 120+?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
OK folks this is beyond amazing. The OP's Civic has actually left our galaxy at warp speed. This picture speaks for itself. That Civic is waaaay toooo faasssttt.... :love:

Honda Civic 10th gen IS IT JUST ME OR IS THE 1.5 T CIV CVT TOO FAST? spacepic2

CivicXI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-T, Civic EX HB
Country flag
I just checked... H rated..

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Actually, the Continentals are W rated on the Sport Touring Hatch. The sedan Touring Firestone's are H rated.

CivicXI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-T, Civic EX HB
Country flag
Actually, the Continentals are W rated on the Sport Touring Hatch. The sedan Touring Firestone's are H rated.
Standard hatch is H rated Conti pro contacts . Not that it matters. The car can't get past 130 anyway haha.

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
I just checked too... W rated... :dunno:

I'll go ahead and be That Guy but do you really need to be going 120+?
I never ever NEED going 120. I never need going 100. I almost never even need going more than 85, because I try to organize my life so that I'm not in a hurry. Going very fast for a longer time is tiring and annoying to me. Going fast for a short time has no practical benefit.

However, I do sometimes go at speeds as fast as I like at the places and times where it is safe. There are plenty of such places in the US of A. (by safe I don't mean 100% safe from interference from "the law").

rraayy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Country flag
I must say, the eco button really seemed to work well on my long highway trip (generally steady “high speed” minimal traffic)

I’ve driven 3+ hours since I last refueled ... the gas meter has barely moved

I love this car - so many reasons

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT Civic & 2017 Civic ExT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anyone close with a 17-18 Stock Si? I have a 100% stock 2016 EXT cvt civic. Will gladly put the sp33d/dyno cough comparison to rest. YouTube it.. ;)

Maybe not the worst topic ever but a little sillly. Yes, the base Civic turbo is peppy but its still an economy car. The Si is quick. The Type R, now that's fast.

Deleted member

Anyone close with a 17-18 Stock Si? I have a 100% stock 2016 EXT cvt civic. Will gladly put the sp33d/dyno cough comparison to rest. YouTube it.. ;)
You would end up with a much closer race if you find someone who buys the new Insight to compete against. :innocent:

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT Civic & 2017 Civic ExT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You must not know the two cars.. in the 1/4 they are equal.. Hondata shown how the gear ratios compare.. cvt 1.5 is just as fast if you shift perfect. If not? You lose ;) 9 out of 10 lack the skills to shift properly.
You would end up with a much closer race if you find someone who buys the new Insight to compete against. :innocent: