Injen Intake for 10th Gen 2016 Civic Turbo: Huge Power Gains!

DAMIAN'S X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CivicX Coupe Touring
Country flag
I got the black short ram air version. Installation was easy. Just needed 5mm, 9mm, and 10mm sockets and some extensions. Definitely makes the car more fun to drive. Noticeable gains in the high end and definitely more throttle response. I feel like when I step on the gas something actually happens. Before I was kinda shy about entering intersections. I could definitely feel a lag while the turbo spooled up. Only issue is that now that I have the ECU reflashed by Hondata the car will stall out sometimes when I give it too much gas after a complete stop. I'll have to wait for the flashing tool to come out to correct that I guess. The combination works great at the high end though.
Do you contribute the car stalling to the ECU reflash or the Injen Intake?! I was thinking about doing both to my coupe, but that sounds like safety issue.

westsiide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic coupe ext
Do you contribute the car stalling to the ECU reflash or the Injen Intake?! I was thinking about doing both to my coupe, but that sounds like safety issue.
i have just the short ram intake on my coupe and never had a stall as OP described. The intake does reduce turbo lag tho

joserevelo

J Revelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Vehicle Showcase
i have just the short ram intake on my coupe and never had a stall as OP described. The intake does reduce turbo lag tho
i'm sure his car stalled because he also has the hondata reflash.... might be fixed when they release a newer update so no worries

ichii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe and 2011 CR-Z
Country flag
I have the short ram intake and don't have any stalling issues.

Hondadude88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
For me it's worth it, but that's different with everyone. Always had an intake installed on my cars,even my hybrid CR-Z lol[/QUOTE
An intake in a "hybrid" lol. Not judging by the way. This might be my first performance upgrade. Seriously considering it. That and nice exhaust!

Deleted User 1886347

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So I got my intake installed. My first intake that I've ever installed and it took me 45 minutes start to finish.

It would have been 25-30 minutes, but most frustrating parts for me:
- Lost my good X-Acto knife, made cutting the guards a pain in the ass lol
- Taking the original air box out proved to be more difficult than I thought and took a lot of force, didn't break anything thankfully.
- Fitting the heat shield in the engine compartment took me a bit of time, longer than it should have.

Anyways, my results after a test drive:
- Turbo spooling and engine is a lot louder and turns heads everywhere. It surprised me and the car sounds more aggressive now.
- Advertised Gains: I can feel more of a pull in the low end range. I have not tried WOT yet. Will post when I get a chance to try WOT.

Honda Civic 10th gen Injen Intake for 10th Gen 2016 Civic Turbo: Huge Power Gains! IMG_0253.JPG

NSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aegean Blue Honda Civic
I'm patiently waiting for mine. I think mine will be an easier install since it doesn't come with the heat Sheild. Only thing I'm missing for tools is a 6inch extension for my socket.

kqn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I would gladly purchase this product of it was accidentally misnamed while it was shipping to California. Be it its the 2015 carb emission friendly one

De When

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe EX-T
Country flag
I got the black short ram air version. Installation was easy. Just needed 5mm, 9mm, and 10mm sockets and some extensions. Definitely makes the car more fun to drive. Noticeable gains in the high end and definitely more throttle response. I feel like when I step on the gas something actually happens. Before I was kinda shy about entering intersections. I could definitely feel a lag while the turbo spooled up. Only issue is that now that I have the ECU reflashed by Hondata the car will stall out sometimes when I give it too much gas after a complete stop. I'll have to wait for the flashing tool to come out to correct that I guess. The combination works great at the high end though.
It looks like I'm considering of getting the new Mishimoto Air Intake for the 1.5 Turbo Engine. It seems the design is much better because it has a heat shield cover for the air filter.

joserevelo

J Revelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Vehicle Showcase
It looks like I'm considering of getting the new Mishimoto Air Intake for the 1.5 Turbo Engine. It seems the design is much better because it has a heat shield cover for the air filter.
the injen CAI comes with a heat shield as well.... tbh i might be getting just the SRI injen one.. price is very cheap compared to mishimoto

De When

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe EX-T
Country flag
I'm patiently waiting for mine. I think mine will be an easier install since it doesn't come with the heat Sheild. Only thing I'm missing for tools is a 6inch extension for my socket.
Does the Short Ram Intake comes with a heat shield?

joserevelo

J Revelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Auto anything had the SRI for $213 USD. Last time I checked was a few days ago.
yeah man i think thanks to your review i'll be ordering it soon.... so in all honesty you feel like the cvt turbo lag is shorter now maybe even non existent?