Injen Catback Exhaust for 2016 Civic turbo (VIDEO!)

sparks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
I'll join the :thumbsdown: crowd on the muffler too... it's a CVT + this Civic is the most grown-up Civic we've seen + not a fan of this particular sound.

FC1rob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring & 97 Civic Coupe Turbo
It's cool to see Injen step up and churn out parts for the 1.5T, I will probably not buy that exhaust because I can't stand them on automatic vehicles. Im interested in seeing the reduction in weight with going to a single exit design.

Vtak Groceries

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Civic Si HFP, 2017 Golf R
Dont forget this exhaust will also work on the 1.5T Manual. Injen is getting a head start on parts for this car. It is a smart of them. The civic has grown up alot but if you want something more grown up there are many other cars out there. I like the look of this exhaust however even if the sound is not the best with the CVT. Good work Injen!

nrg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda civic
Are we going to start adding type r stickers to the CVT sedan now or maybe bring back the racing stripe down the middle of the car. Please don't rice up the civic x. Few people on here have some really nice looking cars. Dapp comes to mind.
Looks nice and well made, but I just can't take that sound anymore. If someone makes a quieter one, I may do it.
Guess I'm old too...not impressed with the sound or execution of the exhaust. They would have been better off just keeping the can hidden and tucked up like the factory muffler. Would keep it less fast & the furious status. Turbo or not...its a four door CVT civic.
The 90s just called they want there muffler back.....
Glad that I'm not the only one on this forum that think this way. It's 2016 and we've gone away with the go-fast parts that make claims to certain hp performance. Sadly some companies still have this business model.
Not going to lie, while watching the video, I felt like I was on superhonda forums in the year 1999, watching injen post videos of their new exhaust for the new 99 civic ex.

Vtak Groceries

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Civic Si HFP, 2017 Golf R
Glad that I'm not the only one on this forum that think this way. It's 2016 and we've gone away with the go-fast parts that make claims to certain hp performance. Sadly some companies still have this business model.
Not going to lie, while watching the video, I felt like I was on superhonda forums in the year 1999, watching injen post videos of their new exhaust for the new 99 civic ex.

Remember however that this exhaust product will probably be sold for years and years. 10 years from now lots of people will be rolling in 2016 civic with exhausts. While everyone else on this forum will have moved on to a brand new 2026 car.

bourneagain7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda Accord Sport, 1999 Honda Accord V6
What does your average gas mileage drop to after installing the catback exhaust?

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Le Car
Country flag
those bends looks pretty smooth for the angle its going at
But they're still angles. I've seen other exhausts with similar tight bends, but no angles. On at least one bend (the very first after the muffler), I see a lot of room they could have used for a smoother bend.

Just to be clear, anything not curved is an angle, regardless of the amount of bend:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angle
I don't know the numbers, but lets say for example a 1 degree angled bend is worse for flow than an all smooth bend that makes a 10 degree change of direction.

I'll be taking a video of mine when I get it installed next week, we will see how it sounds.
Ah, no wonder you're defending it so hard.
I'm just being realistic. If I wasn't interested in it, I wouldn't be here.

Last edited:

Diversion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rallye Red Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
A dual muffler with resonator would probably sound pretty decent for those wanting quieter (like me).

Rawnerve1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 crv
Country flag
But they're still angles. I've seen other exhausts with similar tight bends, but no angles. At at least one bend (the very first after the muffler), I see a lot of room they could have used for a smoother bend.

Just to be clear, anything not curved is an angle, regardless of the amount of bend:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angle
I don't know the numbers, but lets say for example a 1 degree angled bend is worse for flow than an all smooth bend that makes a 10 degree change of direction.

Ah, no wonder you're defending it so hard.
I'm just being realistic. If I wasn't interested in it, I wouldn't be here.
I would not pay 700.00 for that.

jk147

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
I think the majority of the people on this forum aren't the usual Civic tuner type (at least not right now). With that being said, they are in for a surprise for the amount of aftermarket performance parts for the Civic. Just take a stroll through 8thcivic.com and you'll see why Injen is racing to pump out parts right now.
I think the you are being very generous with the word "tuner."

In 2016 if you want to go fast you are probably better off buying an Ecoboost mustang instead of spending thousands to make a civic marginally faster. I also scratch my head with people buying EX and spend another 3 grand on tires and rims. I think I would be happier with touring with that extra money.

But I guess you are only young once.
Sponsored