jconnway

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport Hatch 2017 Sport Hatch
Country flag
Same for me luckily. Family has been buying Honda's from the same dealer since the early 1980's. I got my FK8 under sticker but that's just because of the relationship I have with them. Tried to get my girl in a Passport or CR-V but ended up with a loaded new CX-5 (which is a GREAT vehicle btw). My daughter starts driving in about 1.5yrs & she'll be learning on and having a used stick shift Honda or Acura for the first car.
so my wife has a 21 cx5 GTR, 2nd to top of the line. I lease it for 375.

Last week I went to Mazda to look at the cx50 as a potential replacement or an additional car for myself.. either way I was expecting a similar deal to the 21 we have.

630 or thereabouts. The manager actually told me how crazy it was that the deals have gone so high. I walked out.

RTC975

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP Type-R
Country flag
so my wife has a 21 cx5 GTR, 2nd to top of the line. I lease it for 375.

Last week I went to Mazda to look at the cx50 as a potential replacement or an additional car for myself.. either way I was expecting a similar deal to the 21 we have.

630 or thereabouts. The manager actually told me how crazy it was that the deals have gone so high. I walked out.
Yeah we’re staying in these vehicles long term. R will never be sold. I got it with wheel & tire and a 7yr/125k for under sticker. Relationships matter, bigtime.

Market is tough right now. When my winter beater 20yo buick dies I’ll get a maverick. High volume, msrp only dealer an hour away that I’ll hit.

I like the CX-50 a lot. Mazda’s come a long way in last decade.

OP did good here.

OP
OP
Type_RawR

Type_RawR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK8 #14116 / 2008 FG2
Country flag
Yeah we’re staying in these vehicles long term. R will never be sold. I got it with wheel & tire and a 7yr/125k for under sticker. Relationships matter, bigtime.

Market is tough right now. When my winter beater 20yo buick dies I’ll get a maverick. High volume, msrp only dealer an hour away that I’ll hit.

I like the CX-50 a lot. Mazda’s come a long way in last decade.

OP did good here.
LoL tell that to the CivicXI crowd that's been shitting on me for line jumping. I had the opportunity and I seized it...fuck me right.

SmokeGhost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 civic type r
Country flag
Id put that cash to work instead of buying a car. But hey, good luck and who cares about cutting line. Im sure they will make enough for those who can pay to play.

RTC975

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP Type-R
Country flag
LoL tell that to the CivicXI crowd that's been shitting on me for line jumping. I had the opportunity and I seized it...fuck me right.
HA! Their problem, not yours. Similar sitch here, if I called my contact who's the sales mgr at the dealer I could have the first one that rolls off the truck at sticker plus doc fee's. He's called me 2x already asking if I want the 23. Buying a house here shortly so I'm not interested.

Enjoy it when it arrives!

BackslashBrian

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R (SGP)
Country flag
I gotta admit, some of the CivicXI crowd are a bit too rowdy for my taste haha hopefully things change when the 2023 Type R releases so they can stop bashing the FK8 so much. But with you putting down $30k plus the fact that your FK8 got totaled, I feel like you definitely deserve to be highest on the list for a new one! Can't wait to hear your thoughts on it when you receive it! And congrats on picking the best color too :headbang:

OP
OP
Type_RawR

Type_RawR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK8 #14116 / 2008 FG2
Country flag
Damn am I reading this right- $59k for it??!
No, the negative number represents the total reduction of MSRP. I was thrown for a loop myself when I first looked at it but because no MSRP is currently available the dealers software makes it look like they owe me money 🤣

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
No, the negative number represents the total reduction of MSRP. I was thrown for a loop myself when I first looked at it but because no MSRP is currently available the dealers software makes it look like they owe me money 🤣
Phewww okay 👌 congrats man

Neciovato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 370z Nismo
Country flag
Congrats man - since you know the salesguy along with getting your FK8 totaled - yeah, don't feel TOO bad. Not like you jumped someone to get a kidney or liver haha. What is making you go with the new CTR vs getting a slightly used FK8?

SmokeGhost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 civic type r
Country flag
Msrp base is probably 45k in my opinion. So 48k ish otd.
Considering the 11th gen SI is more expensive than the 10th gen msrp wise.

Methane Herder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I thought the MSRP was around 40K. Do you get to pick a color yet or later?
Salesman:
"Paint? Oh, you want the paint option.... Let me look up the price for that."

Welcome to car buying, 2022 style.

MH
Sponsored