Ok...so I feel bad...kinda...

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
dude, yes. I thought it was all hype...but it's not. I no longer feel like I'm losing traction on full throttle...whatever they did, it takes car of any issues...I'm running on all season tires on these factory 20s and have zero issues lol. I even uploaded the full power calibration vice the one that dampens torque in 1st and 2nd.

Top end is nuts...the STi just couldn't keep up...or in my case, keep me from passing him (I let him hit it first the 3rd time we ran against each other lol). I got a thumbs up vice the usual hater look I get from STi owners.
I hope that a few of the folks that switched to Hondata still kept their KTuners. I'm really curious to see how close the KTuner traction control solution is to the Hondata solution once it comes to the Type R.
Sponsored

Xtianity18

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic si 2018 sedan
Country flag
dude, yes. I thought it was all hype...but it's not. I no longer feel like I'm losing traction on full throttle...whatever they did, it takes car of any issues...I'm running on all season tires on these factory 20s and have zero issues lol. I even uploaded the full power calibration vice the one that dampens torque in 1st and 2nd.

Top end is nuts...the STi just couldn't keep up...or in my case, keep me from passing him (I let him hit it first the 3rd time we ran against each other lol). I got a thumbs up vice the usual hater look I get from STi owners.
where did you get that tune that dampens torque?

d1390

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
WRX guys usually think you are in an STi until you get right on top of them.
I remember being behind an STI in a motorway tunnel who was just waiting to make space to overtake a car in front to leave me in the dust, which i saw coming. As soon as he did I was on his ass, until I heard this annoying sound come out my gf, was when I had to back off and let him go.

So now I am searching for an ejecto seato system for my car which may prevent this issue in the future.

krees

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R & 2020 Ridgeline BE
Country flag
Was recently behind a 17+ sti with at least exhaust (probably more mods but not confident) in my stock r. It seems as soon as he realized what I was driving he tried to lose me every chance he got. I don't launch but I still reeled him in fairly easily. I was sort of surprised but then again...not really. Can't wait to tune!

OP
OP
wildbilly32

wildbilly32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Porsche C4S 19 CTR #24184 19 Volvo XC40 R
Country flag
Isn't that the point of this thread? Where underpowered cars, like big SUVs or FRSs try starting shit with us? Maybe I'm missing something. Hahahaha.
Eggzackery! So many people are just stoopid or sadly oblivious to what performance cars can actually do or maybe just maybe some want to see what a car can actually do.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
I don’t think that people in SUV’s realize how significant the effects of weight are. They think, “I have a V6 turbo, I can burn anything”, not realizing that their car weighs almost 5000 lbs.

Teach-R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rallye Red CTR #22518; 2017 Golf R
Country flag
I was waiting in the car at a Stewart’s shop while my wife was getting ice cream. She came out with two sketchy guys behind her and she was shaking her head. She got in the car and I asked what was wrong. She said the guys were behind her talking about our car being some slow POS with a bunch of cheesy after market parts on it. As we were pulling out they were behind us in there 2000 Camaro. She told me to show the “a-holes they don’t know anything about cars”. She literally turned around in her seat and smiled and watched as we left them far behind. That camaro made a lot of noise (and smoke) trying to keep up. My wife really has changed since I have her my 17 Golf R...

toddrhodes

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CTR #16979, '18 Odyssey
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I hope that a few of the folks that switched to Hondata still kept their KTuners. I'm really curious to see how close the KTuner traction control solution is to the Hondata solution once it comes to the Type R.
I still have my V1.2 setup. Want to sell it to fund other parts, but also feel like i'm in a unique position to do some testing with it (along with a Dragy).

That said, now that I also have flex fuel + Hondata TCM? Going back to plain 'ole 93 is going to be a bummer ;)

FifStreet

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 PMM Civic Type R '07 MR Fit Sport (RIP)
Country flag
I was waiting in the car at a Stewart’s shop while my wife was getting ice cream. She came out with two sketchy guys behind her and she was shaking her head. She got in the car and I asked what was wrong. She said the guys were behind her talking about our car being some slow POS with a bunch of cheesy after market parts on it. As we were pulling out they were behind us in there 2000 Camaro. She told me to show the “a-holes they don’t know anything about cars”. She literally turned around in her seat and smiled and watched as we left them far behind. That camaro made a lot of noise (and smoke) trying to keep up. My wife really has changed since I have her my 17 Golf R...
I'm guessing the smoke from the Camaro wasn't from burning tires but from burning oil. lol.

wdrx02

Batman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic HB
Country flag
A bit confused on your last past... so were you in the CTR or GolfR? Also, what are you referring to or mean on "My wife really has changed since I have her my 17 Golf R..." That doesn't make any sense...

Teach-R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rallye Red CTR #22518; 2017 Golf R
Country flag
A bit confused on your last past... so were you in the CTR or GolfR? Also, what are you referring to or mean on "My wife really has changed since I have her my 17 Golf R..." That doesn't make any sense...
In the type R but ever since she’s been driving the Golf R she has this new found need to accelerate and really appreciates cars now

Xtianity18

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic si 2018 sedan
Country flag
Under mods there is a selection for less torque in 1st and 2nd
so i just knew that there is a new update on hondata that is similar to vsa but this update you lose torque but consistent in power

CTRdreamer

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Country flag
I remember being behind an STI in a motorway tunnel who was just waiting to make space to overtake a car in front to leave me in the dust, which i saw coming. As soon as he did I was on his ass, until I heard this annoying sound come out my gf, was when I had to back off and let him go.

So now I am searching for an ejecto seato system for my car which may prevent this issue in the future.
Yeah, you need one of these:

Honda Civic 10th gen Ok...so I feel bad...kinda... eject button - arrow
Sponsored