Ok...so I feel bad...kinda...

bgood

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2007 Honda S2K, 2016 Honda Civic Hatchback, 2012 Nissan Xterra, 2001 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins 4X4, and some toys
Country flag

CTRdreamer

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Country flag

nothome17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 is 350 F
Country flag
Kind of hard to tell sometimes if people do want to race or just some are heavy footed.

Zatannaz

First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Touring Rallye Red
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Awww I wanted a CTR so badly. My sciatica prevents me from a manual. It hadn’t acted up for a few years so I had almost bought one when getting a car after my truck got totaled. I got a automatic touring instead and after it suddenly acted up again two weeks ago am grateful I did - but omg this thread makes me crave one again lol.

WhatThePuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Acura Rsx (sold), '19 CW CTR 23909
Country flag

FK8_K20c1

HONDA The Power of Earth Dreams Technology!
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
dude, yes. I thought it was all hype...but it's not. I no longer feel like I'm losing traction on full throttle...whatever they did, it takes car of any issues...I'm running on all season tires on these factory 20s and have zero issues lol. I even uploaded the full power calibration vice the one that dampens torque in 1st and 2nd.

Top end is nuts...the STi just couldn't keep up...or in my case, keep me from passing him (I let him hit it first the 3rd time we ran against each other lol). I got a thumbs up vice the usual hater look I get from STi owners.
:headbang:

boxcar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
Coming back from store today sitting first out at stop light where the street ahead narrows down to one lane about one block ahead. I'm in the lane that does not need to merge and I notice a full size Lexus SUV creep up to the side of me but not along side. I notice the driver is a younger 40 something female. I'm thinking "she wouldn't..." The light goes green and yep she did. She gets on it as I roll across the intersection. She gets to my front fender when I drop it in second and mat it. The CTR goes by her like she had put her car in reverse. She blends in behind me and lags back so as to cover her intentions. I slow down to five under limit just to rub it in.

I'm an old guy and should just let those challenges go by.

This car is making me feel young again...and I love it!
I had a very similar situation. I was at a red light and a large, raised truck, (You know, the kind you need a step ladder to climb into. I live in Kansas so this is normal.) was coming up in the lane next to me and revving as he was approaching. I saw him eyeing my R and when the light turned red he still wasn't at the light yet. Until this point I thought, whatever, but then he gunned it while giving my R the stink eye. Now he had a rolling advantage and was a full car length in front of me when I thought, "Alright, let's show this redneck what some stock Honda engineering can do." lol (I grew up in a small farm town so no offense to anyone.)

In no time at all I was passing him. He had a shocked and slightly embarrassed look on his face while his truck was still spewing black smoke, sounding like it was about to explode trying to keep up. As I put a few car lengths between us, he quickly realized his mistake and let off. I did the same and he definitely kept quite a distance from me after that. I'd like to think it was out of shame. lol

I definitely don't do this often, but the roads were clear and no speed limits were broken.

d1390

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
I had a very similar situation. I was at a red light and a large, raised truck, (You know, the kind you need a step ladder to climb into. I live in Kansas so this is normal.) was coming up in the lane next to me and revving as he was approaching. I saw him eyeing my R and when the light turned red he still wasn't at the light yet. Until this point I thought, whatever, but then he gunned it while giving my R the stink eye. Now he had a rolling advantage and was a full car length in front of me when I thought, "Alright, let's show this redneck what some stock Honda engineering can do." lol (I grew up in a small farm town so no offense to anyone.)

In no time at all I was passing him. He had a shocked and slightly embarrassed look on his face while his truck was still spewing black smoke, sounding like it was about to explode trying to keep up. As I put a few car lengths between us, he quickly realized his mistake and let off. I did the same and he definitely kept quite a distance from me after that. I'd like to think it was out of shame. lol

I definitely don't do this often, but the roads were clear and no speed limits were broken.
The perfect Karma, well done!
Sponsored