• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jes_si562

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si. 1990 Honda civic w d16z6 swap (sold) 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback sport(wifes)
Country flag
I think Si's running MAP 3 with an intake, intercooler, and full exhaust should make about 250 wheel and probably 280+ torque. Does that sound about right?
Yeah that’s more in the reasonable range
Sponsored

Jes_si562

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si. 1990 Honda civic w d16z6 swap (sold) 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback sport(wifes)
Country flag
I was on phearable 1.5 up until 17k. great tune, i just beat the shit out of my car. i highly doubt you have anything to worry about. i push my car hard and that means sometimes things will break but as long as you understand what pushing your car to its limits will bring you, nothing to worry about.

The head lifted because i would go for top speed runs. the clutch burnt up because I would speed shift, and i did a decent amount of digs, and countless rolls. also i learned manual on this car so that factors in too. i ran map 2 most of the time, and i'd pop into map 3 for races. Once i got my summer tires is when the clutch started slipping more because i'd do a pull at least once a day.
Heck yeah man high speed runs are harsh. That’s IMO what causes people to blow there head gasket. I did that a couple times only lol the fastest I gone was 156. I try not to do high speed runs lol especially with the rv6 turbo I left off ass soon I finish 5th

MrJustin81

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Heck yeah man high speed runs are harsh. That’s IMO what causes people to blow there head gasket. I did that a couple times only lol the fastest I gone was 156. I try not to do high speed runs lol especially with the rv6 turbo I left off ass soon I finish 5th
What’s the top speed rated at on our cars anyways? Fastest I’ve gone was 135ish racing a stinger before I tuned
Also what would be considered a “high speed run”?

CAPTS

First Name
TY
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen CivicX CVT->MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
What’s the top speed rated at on our cars anyways? Fastest I’ve gone was 135ish racing a stinger before I tuned
Honda Civic 10th gen How much HP am I running on my SI? 1642890908908

The chart above is theoretical on top speed.
(2020 & 2017-2019 have different FD so the speeds have slight differences)
Power & Tq, Aerodynamics, Weather, Tires & Road Conditions plays a role.
Someone need to convert them into MPH heh.

OP
OP
Chilidog

Chilidog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic SI coupe
Country flag
1642890908908.png

The chart above is theoretical on top speed.
(2020 & 2017-2019 have different FD so the speeds have slight differences)
Power & Tq, Aerodynamics, Weather, Tires & Road Conditions plays a role.
Someone need to convert them into MPH heh.
That would be 187mph…. Soooooo idk if I trust that chart

curlichfc1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Ive seen people hit 155 and it really dies off at a standstill around 6k in 6th gear on 93 octane can’t imagine ethanol would change much but definitely a bigger turbo hahaha

curlichfc1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
I would say don’t try anything past 5th gear, I hit 143 against my buddies focus st as soon as I realized I was in 6th I let off

Jes_si562

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Stock is 135mph something like that. Stock cars have a governor. I’ll say once on your on 5th it’s considered a high speed run.

Jes_si562

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ive seen people hit 155 and it really dies off at a standstill around 6k in 6th gear on 93 octane can’t imagine ethanol would change much but definitely a bigger turbo hahaha
Honestly ethanol doesn’t do much for top speed lol in my experience. It does get to 150 faster lol but it sorta stays there like you said I haven’t tried in big turbo but I feel like they won’t be a difference either lol

curlichfc1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Honestly ethanol doesn’t do much for top speed lol in my experience. It does get to 150 faster lol but it sorta stays there like you said I haven’t tried in big turbo but I feel like they won’t be a difference either lol
Yep your probably right about that it wouldn’t do much besides get their quicker I feel like big turbo could add a little bit cause of the power difference at high rpms but that’s just me speculating lol

MrJustin81

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
thanks for replies, I worded That poorly, so the rev Limitor is set at 135? is that removed with an it’s tune? Since both tsp and phearable raise the redline slightly.

curlichfc1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
thanks for replies, I worded That poorly, so the rev Limitor is set at 135? is that removed with an it’s tune? Since both tsp and phearable raise the redline slightly.
Yea it’s a limiter set from factory, need a tune to remove it.

CAPTS

First Name
TY
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen CivicX CVT->MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
it's just math & how it works, don't need you to trust the chart it is what it is & if you read what was written.

it's a cvt a buddy took her out for a short test, power was around 240-250 whp with an upgraded turbo

here it is on dyno on another stock car on the dyno :
*It can go more 272 was maxed out if i recall correctly*

OP
OP
Chilidog

Chilidog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic SI coupe
Country flag
Bump / update

ok — now I am running the following

phearable 1.5R
Prl CAI street
RV6 Downpipe/frontpipe
Mishimoto intercooler
27won rmm (70a)
Clutchmaster stage 2 clutch
Muffler delete

—- what do I do next? Where am I sitting power-wise? I’m thinking prl flex fuel — any thoughts?

— are both w1 and w2 good on stock internals? That’s my last bolt on I’m doing before I custom tune

Last edited:
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Not sure if you've stated this before, but what are your goals with your car? 300hp? 400hp?

One thing I've learned on this forum and driving my Si: 1) the way you drive determines the reliability of your car, not necessarily what you have in it and 2) there will ALWAYS be a car faster than you are. My goal in life is to build a 500hp car but I know that will not be a reality for me on this platform.
Sponsored