OP
Chilidog

Chilidog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic SI coupe
Country flag
I think Si's running MAP 3 with an intake, intercooler, and full exhaust should make about 250 wheel and probably 280+ torque. Does that sound about right?
I refuse to get out of my stock exhaust — not only do I I LOVE the HDMI exhaust tip, I can’t go 3” without getting a “noisy” exhaust — which I hate. I like a quiet exhaust
Sponsored

curlichfc1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
I think Si's running MAP 3 with an intake, intercooler, and full exhaust should make about 250 wheel and probably 280+ torque. Does that sound about right?
if we are talking about the tsp1 or phearable 1.5 not their race versions you’re on the money with torque but probably around 230-240whp with bolts ons.

curlichfc1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
I refuse to get out of my stock exhaust — not only do I I LOVE the HDMI exhaust tip, I can’t go 3” without getting a “noisy” exhaust — which I hate. I like a quiet exhaust
Look into the new high volume downpipe my si is at the shop right now getting it installed supposed to be way less drone then a catted or catless and gives you the performance benefit, I’m not sure how restrictive the exhaust is but the cat definitely has its restrictions haha

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
if we are talking about the tsp1 or phearable 1.5 not their race versions you’re on the money with torque but probably around 230-240whp with bolts ons.
And Vega's Phearable 1.5R saw 249/302 on a stock Si on their dyno (26 psi). YMMV.

jack.

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My first guess for my TSP stage 1 tuned Si with a PRL race cobra and rv6 catless downpipe (stock front pipe) was 260 whp and 300 wtq. I now learned that that was a very optimistic number, but one can dream. I now estimate 240-245 whp and right around 280 wtq. I found that kind of weird at first because TSP stage 1 is rated at 237 whp and 279 wtq, but now that I’ve driven the car a bit I think the bolt ons really only add power to the low and mid range and not too much in the top end.

OP
OP
Chilidog

Chilidog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic SI coupe
Country flag
My first guess for my TSP stage 1 tuned Si with a PRL race cobra and rv6 catless downpipe (stock front pipe) was 260 whp and 300 wtq. I now learned that that was a very optimistic number, but one can dream. I now estimate 240-245 whp and right around 280 wtq. I found that kind of weird at first because TSP stage 1 is rated at 237 whp and 279 wtq, but now that I’ve driven the car a bit I think the bolt ons really only add power to the low and mid range and not too much in the top end.
So why are there such major performance difference on different dyno’s? Which is most accurate? Dyno jet?

curlichfc1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
And Vega's Phearable 1.5R saw 249/302 on a stock Si on their dyno (26 psi). YMMV.
Yea the race option
yea the race version both tsp and phearable like a 15whp bump give or take from their original tune, I like how both have their own characteristics tsp pull hard in lower rpms and phearable rips at high rpms, I haven’t really seen people compare the tsp2 or phearable2.5 tune anyone know how takes the cake their?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Guys remember that bolt ons have the potential for producing more power but not necessarily all that much more on an OTS tune. Once you add full bolt ons and you really want to dial in a tune, custom is the way to go 100%.

Last edited:

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So why are there such major performance difference on different dyno’s? Which is most accurate? Dyno jet?
Dynos are just a tool. You can't really compare. Different dynos, different cars, different day, different temps and humidity etc... all are factors. I do know that Dynapack tends to read a bit higher than others.

OP
OP
Chilidog

Chilidog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic SI coupe
Country flag
Dynos are just a tool. You can't really compare. Different dynos, different cars, different day, different temps and humidity etc... all are factors. I do know that Dynapack tends to read a bit higher than others.
so— what are your thoughts when phearable 1.5r states that it dyno’s 248whp and 302tq bone stock?? —I’ve got a few bolt ones and still have people telling me that I’m still only pushing 235-240 max. I live I’m nebraska — it’s 42 degrees — 42% humidity — 1000ft above sea level

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
so— what are your thoughts when phearable 1.5r states that it dyno’s 248whp and 302tq bone stock?? —I’ve got a few bolt ones and still have people telling me that I’m still only pushing 235-240 max. I live I’m nebraska — it’s 42 degrees — 42% humidity — 1000ft above sea level
I’d say that’s probably true, and anything higher would slip the clutch.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Here's the thing. Stop getting hung up on dyno numbers. I've learned over the years the most important thing is how things feel from behind the wheel, not looking at a dyno sheet. If you read my earlier post you aren't going to get much more from bolt ons on an OTS tune. And dyno numbers as I posted, depend on many factors.

Last edited:

curlichfc1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
your probably on the money with what they claim, just because the tune is compatible with bolt ons doesn’t mean the bolt ons are being used to their full potential that’s why custom tunes are recommended after adding bolt ons, I think they only two that would make any difference on an ots is an intake and downpipe and even then the change in power isn’t noticeable enough to gain anything other then better spool time and what gtman was saying dyno’s are just measuring tool and the final result can vary depending on countless factors the day it’s tuned.

CAPTS

First Name
TY
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen CivicX CVT->MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
for those who knows how to log then extract the info needed can try to use virtual dyno for a very rough guesstimate especially those who do not have access to an actual dyno.

Some dynos reads higher some lower, ALWAYS look at the whole chart not just focusing on the numbers alone & best it is compared on the same dyno being used.

KOIVUN1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si CBP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
shit man — what tube did you have all those problems?! How do I avoid all that?
I was on phearable 1.5 up until 17k. great tune, i just beat the shit out of my car. i highly doubt you have anything to worry about. i push my car hard and that means sometimes things will break but as long as you understand what pushing your car to its limits will bring you, nothing to worry about.

The head lifted because i would go for top speed runs. the clutch burnt up because I would speed shift, and i did a decent amount of digs, and countless rolls. also i learned manual on this car so that factors in too. i ran map 2 most of the time, and i'd pop into map 3 for races. Once i got my summer tires is when the clutch started slipping more because i'd do a pull at least once a day.
Sponsored