curlichfc1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Man it’s tough to tell i butt dyno’d like that too and was shocked when I raced a custom tuned 93 octane si that made 245 while I was on phearable 1.5 and it wasn’t fair and I’m fbo too, as far as 300 whp stock turbo there’s literally a handful of people who have reached it and they didn’t make 300hp for that long if you know what I’m getting at lol
I didn’t see you say w1 or w2 yes easy 300whp even on 93
Sponsored

KOIVUN1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si CBP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Man it’s tough to tell i butt dyno’d like that too and was shocked when I raced a custom tuned 93 octane si that made 245 while I was on phearable 1.5 and it wasn’t fair and I’m fbo too, as far as 300 whp stock turbo there’s literally a handful of people who have reached it and they didn’t make 300hp for that long if you know what I’m getting at lol
haha yeah the first 5k miles tuned were definitely the worst for my car in terms of reliability and wear. just past 18k miles woo! clutch went out at 15k, head lifted/head gasket blew at 16k. just got those both fixed at 17k. Comp 22lb clutch kit, arp head studs, cometic head gasket, prl ss clutch line, and oem cmc reservoir bypass will be soon to solve my lockout issues.

if anything is to blow next it'll probably be the trans but i don't really pull in 4th that much as i run 3rd out close to redline so around 90 mph i lay off the gas (usually). unless i'm racing someone i don't wot for very long, mainly short bursts say 30-80 back down to 55 ish to keep my traffic record as clean as i can.

it all just comes down to money tho. i have two routes in mind: Phearable 2.5 and get 27won bbk then do some cosmetic mods, or get w1/w2 + TIP w JV custom e30 tune.

Jes_si562

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si. 1990 Honda civic w d16z6 swap (sold) 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback sport(wifes)
Country flag
haha yeah the first 5k miles tuned were definitely the worst for my car in terms of reliability and wear. just past 18k miles woo! clutch went out at 15k, head lifted/head gasket blew at 16k. just got those both fixed at 17k. Comp 22lb clutch kit, arp head studs, cometic head gasket, prl ss clutch line, and oem cmc reservoir bypass will be soon to solve my lockout issues.

if anything is to blow next it'll probably be the trans but i don't really pull in 4th that much as i run 3rd out close to redline so around 90 mph i lay off the gas (usually). unless i'm racing someone i don't wot for very long, mainly short bursts say 30-80 back down to 55 ish to keep my traffic record as clean as i can.

it all just comes down to money tho. i have two routes in mind: Phearable 2.5 and get 27won bbk then do some cosmetic mods, or get w1/w2 + TIP w JV custom e30 tune.
Try pherable 2.5 you’ll get 270 for sure trust me your not there you lucky if it’s 250

OP
OP
Chilidog

Chilidog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic SI coupe
Country flag
OP
OP
Chilidog

Chilidog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic SI coupe
Country flag

shit man — what tube did you have all those problems?! How do I avoid all that?

curlichfc1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag

Bro haha I had the same issue with my clutch, my first tune was tsp1 like I’m sure a lot people was on this platform and 5k miles in my clutch would slip from 3500rpm to 4700rpm and drop, I aswell went comp stage 2, I haven’t had any issue with my head but that’s also why I got custom tuned so I could beat on the car without much worrying and I ride out through 4th gear especially racing I don’t let off until there’s a clear winner haha. I’m tuned by drob but I still want a custom tune from john Vega from what I see they are the two goats of the platform, I can’t make decisions for you but I’d run a w1 or 2 take less stress away from the tiny stock turbo that’s probably will shred over time running e30-35 you’re prolly good however as you lifted the head but that turbo churning out 27-28psi on an ots tune would scare me w little.

OP
OP
Chilidog

Chilidog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic SI coupe
Country flag
Bro haha I had the same issue with my clutch, my first tune was tsp1 like I’m sure a lot people was on this platform and 5k miles in my clutch would slip from 3500rpm to 4700rpm and drop, I aswell went comp stage 2, I haven’t had any issue with my head but that’s also why I got custom tuned so I could beat on the car without much worrying and I ride out through 4th gear especially racing I don’t let off until there’s a clear winner haha. I’m tuned by drob but I still want a custom tune from john Vega from what I see they are the two goats of the platform, I can’t make decisions for you but I’d run a w1 or 2 take less stress away from the tiny stock turbo that’s probably will shred over time running e30-35 you’re prolly good however as you lifted the head but that turbo churning out 27-28psi on an ots tune would scare me w little.
any advice for me? Because I didn’t know any of this —- I mean sure, I know tuning your car and pushing it harder than stock always provides higher risk of issues— but I thought if I throw a few bolt one and a stage 2 clutch then I’m good — I can’t afford a new head or bent rod bro. Am I good with pro CAI, rmm, comp stage 2 clutch, dp/fp on phearable map 3?? Or do I need to tone it down? Y’all got me scared to push it

curlichfc1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
any advice for me? Because I didn’t know any of this —- I mean sure, I know tuning your car and pushing it harder than stock always provides higher risk of issues— but I thought if I throw a few bolt one and a stage 2 clutch then I’m good — I can’t afford a new head or bent rod bro. Am I good with pro CAI, rmm, comp stage 2 clutch, dp/fp on phearable map 3?? Or do I need to tone it down? Y’all got me scared to push it
I push my car to the limits brotha and haven’t had any issues but I also do maintenance 1k miles before I’m supposed to and it’s running strong, my car has 41k on the dash with 0 mechanical problems(after changing shit stock clutch) I’m not necessarily scared to blow the motor as it means I have a reason to build the block, if you’re worried run map 2 and switch to map 3 when you’re gonna race, I’d recommend a custom tune, I can’t say my power as it was an etune and I suck at butt dynoing but I make 24psi compared to 1.5r tunes 26psi and I could easily pull on it not to sound cocky or arrogant there’s just more power throughout the entire power band, I ran both tsp1 tsp1+ and phearable 1.5r and I never had any issue arise from it.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
No doubt a custom tune can be set up to deliver more power than OTS. I mean legit tuners like Derek and Vega have to cover the ass because they want to sell reliable products so they dial things back.

On the other hand a large percentage of failures in my reliability thread were from customs because with higher output you do have more stress and combined with abuse/neglect it's a recipe for issues.

OP
OP
Chilidog

Chilidog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic SI coupe
Country flag
No doubt a custom tune can be set up to deliver more power than OTS. I mean legit tuners like Derek and Vega have to cover the ass because they want to sell reliable products so they dial things back.

On the other hand a large percentage of failures in my reliability thread were from customs because with higher output you do have more stress and combined with abuse/neglect it's a recipe for issues.
I was actually just reading the reliability thread — I’m suuuuper worried about my 6mt — do you think I’ll have issues? I don’t understand how it would be hard on the transmission in 3rd — when you engage in third, you’re engaged. Right? It’s like fitting 2 puzzle pieces together as long as you’re shifting smoothly. I’m not grinding gears or anything, so why would I ever get any failure at all??

curlichfc1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag

Exactly that’s why I’m not at a high boost level, told him exactly how I drive and he gave me the setup that’s going to keep the car going as long ya take care of her, I do a pull or 2 whenever I drive the car and when i say a pull it’s 3rd gear to 85mph then im off unless it’s a roll then I go deep into 4th, if I had to guess I’d be around 240whp-250whp I wouldn’t put my car at the top of thereshold

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I was actually just reading the reliability thread — I’m suuuuper worried about my 6mt — do you think I’ll have issues? I don’t understand how it would be hard on the transmission in 3rd — when you engage in third, you’re engaged. Right? It’s like fitting 2 puzzle pieces together as long as you’re shifting smoothly. I’m not grinding gears or anything, so why would I ever get any failure at all??
Honestly, there have been very few Si transmission failures. The main Si failure point has been the stock clutch.

OP
OP
Chilidog

Chilidog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic SI coupe
Country flag
Honestly, there have been very few Si transmission failures. The main Si failure point has been the stock clutch.
Oh man — ok — when I do “beat” my car — I bring it to like 5.5k max — usually I just like to run map 2 or 3 and gun it to 3.5 rpm (22-23psi) so I can hear the whoosh — would you consider that conservative? Or still hard on my car?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds like normal tuned Si driving. :cool:

VTecYoSelfB4UWreckYoSelf

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan Aegean Blue
Country flag
I think Si's running MAP 3 with an intake, intercooler, and full exhaust should make about 250 wheel and probably 280+ torque. Does that sound about right?
Sponsored