How much should I look at for repairs?

Deleted User 1886347

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you take that to a body shop, it will run upwards of that if you use insurancr. Quarter panels are a pain in the ass. You're mostly paying for labour. But if you are not going through insurance, I would let the body shop know that you arent going through insurance, and maybe then you can get a discount.

Dentless repair may be an option and then you can get the scratches buffed out if theyre small enough, but I cannot speak on the quality if dentless repairs since I've never done it before. If its around and proven, roll the dice and go for it!
Sponsored

slayerx02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 FG2 , 2020 FC3
Country flag
That crease just above the wheel well will be pretty hard to get back through PDR. Hopefully you find a good place, is using your insurance completely out of the question? If you have a $500 deductible, I would personally consider just using insurance. Good luck, I know the feeling of a new car getting body damage.

OP
OP

kyle7000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Ex-T
That crease just above the wheel well will be pretty hard to get back through PDR. Hopefully you find a good place, is using your insurance completely out of the question? If you have a $500 deductible, I would personally consider just using insurance. Good luck, I know the feeling of a new car getting body damage.
Thinking about just taking it into this shop, someone backed in to it. I have a check from insurance but they kept looking at the check and quoting from it instead of a normal quote. That was very fishy....

1WickedCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX Sedan, 2007 Mercedes Benz C230 Sport 6MT

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Body shops are some of the most crooked places on Earth. Common practice to order more parts than are needed, pay for them with your insurance company check, then return parts that aren't used. Insurance companies know all about this and they don't do anything about it... making our premiums just keep going up.... I need to stop before I flip my table. I get pissed about this kind of stuff.

slayerx02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 FG2 , 2020 FC3
Country flag
Oh someone backed into it! I thought you were at fault, is the other guy's insurance one of those no name insurance? Do you already have the check or are getting a check from the other guy? You should file a claim with your insurance and use that money to pay the deductible, if you weren't at fault, your premiums shouldn't go up.

OP
OP

kyle7000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Ex-T
Oh someone backed into it! I thought you were at fault, is the other guy's insurance one of those no name insurance? Do you already have the check or are getting a check from the other guy? You should file a claim with your insurance and use that money to pay the deductible, if you weren't at fault, your premiums shouldn't go up.
No I wasn't, is that even legal? I claimed insurance money from one insurance company and I'm going to file with mine to get the damages fixed? I have a 1000 collision deductible but still way cheaper than 3000. Also I wouldnt even know what to say to my insurance company? Any suggestions?

Last edited:

Ghostinnc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 black pearl Civic EX-T coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am looking to get my car repaired after a small bump in a parking lot and just needed some estimates. All the body shops are quoting me around 3000 dollars. I have a picture attached.
Someone please throw me some estimates and tell me if I am being ripped off. I checked like 3 body shops in my area. Dumbfounded how that could cost that much..

IMG_0952.JPG
I feel your pain sorry for your misfortune :(

slayerx02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 FG2 , 2020 FC3
Country flag
Nothing illegal about it I think. the other guys insurance payed you for effing your ride. You can just file a hit and run with your insurance company, new car so I assume its fully covered. Not your fault so there shouldn't be a premium increase. Someone chime in if this isn't accurate, but I really don't see any illegality with going this route.

BrianDevin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 EX HatchWagon
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That could very well be a $3000 incident. If she hit you, she should be at fault and her insurance should cover it. When my old '02 Accord got hit in traffic, I was astonished that it did in fact cost about $3000 because of external damage and damage to the bumper cover, crash structures and framework. All in a >15 mph crash.