How many of you have almost no issues with your Civic?

Fazzster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord 2.0T Sport Manual, 2020 Odyssey EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I did it! Thanks for the responses which made me feel a lot better. It's so nice.

Honda Civic 10th gen How many of you have almost no issues with your Civic? qbxRYn
Beautiful! You made the right choice. It is a Honda afterall!!!

adagrad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L w/ Sensing
No problems with mine save for the occasional software bug, but that has nothing to do with the engineering. Though after reading all these threads I've become paranoid listening for rattles/knocks/grinding noises.

acolite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've been pretty lucky so far, Id' say.

I've had a few minor issues with Android Auto, but that might be more related to the Android Auto software than the car. Also have the weird startup sound on occasion, but other than that its been great. :)

I'm coming from a 2008 Cobalt though, so its not much to compare it to, lol.

weigle2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
Country flag
No problems with a 6 week old EX-L. Hardly any miles at less than 1K. I wouldn't sweat all the problems forum members are posting. It just makes you paranoid.

Rikee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MDX 2012 - Civic 2016 Touring
Country flag
Subwoofer rattle, head unit and amp replaced. So far so good. No mechanical issues so far (Some weird noises during a cold start but next oil change should fix that according to the dealer, will see). I had much more issues on my old 2008 civic (brake issues, dead horn, seat belt problems, dead A/C unit and some motor mount issues, all within 35 000 miles)

dblshock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Coupe touring WOP Toyota T4R '06
start a list at 10k and by 15k make an appointment to get all the minor crap done at once, that's my plan unless it stops working as transportation.

David Harper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe
Country flag
I've got a six month old LX without the bells and whistles. No infotainment system,just a simple stereo, no lane sensing or crash mitigation or any of that stuff. No computer info interface. Just a little screen that tells you what radio station you're on or which song you're listening to over an iphone. Haven't had a single problem yet. Also no CVT, it's an MT, which may also turn out to be a good move down the road. I love this car. It's the best driving car I've ever had as far as ride, handling, road feel, structural rigidity and noise isolation in the cabin. Also it's the 2.0, no turbo.

SteveGG

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 & '16 Civics
I've got a six month old LX without the bells and whistles. No infotainment system,just a simple stereo, no lane sensing or crash mitigation or any of that stuff. No computer info interface. Just a little screen that tells you what radio station you're on or which song you're listening to over an iphone. Haven't had a single problem yet. Also no CVT, it's an MT, which may also turn out to be a good move down the road. I love this car. It's the best driving car I've ever had as far as ride, handling, road feel, structural rigidity and noise isolation in the cabin. Also it's the 2.0, no turbo.
Same here, the lowly (but a lot cheaper) LX 2L N/A, but CVT (MT "High" gears are not tall enough for me). AND I've got a real intuitive volume control KNOB with push on-off, AND an intermittent wiper setting. Best car I've ever driven, and I turned 70 this year !

Sec126

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
Country flag
I've had my LX 6MT(Canadian Version) for about a month now. I'm loving it 100%. I had one minor glitch with the infotainment screen but that lasted only about 3 minutes. Couldn't be happier with this car.

Ghostinnc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 black pearl Civic EX-T coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have a deposit for a Touring the dealer is getting soon...but I swear I keep seeing horror stories about how much stuff is going wrong with them, particularly around the head unit and it's scaring me off and really making me consider trying to get my deposit back and waiting however many months until I can find a 2017 Touring trim for more expensive and with the hopes that these issues will be somewhat fixed (which could potentially be a big maybe, no?). Flickering screen, back up camera freezing, etc. But I also realize there's a high possibility that the only people you hear from are the ones that have problems.

How many of you have positive experiences with the car after owning it for longer than a few weeks, particularly with Touring trim overall and/or the head unit (particularly with Android Auto)?
3800 miles no problems but third brake light which I fixed in 20 minutes
Honda Civic 10th gen How many of you have almost no issues with your Civic? 20160719_230834

Mukbang818

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL
Country flag
No complaints thus far, except the rear door passenger side looks to be about 0.5-1.0 cm off where it should be. All the other panels, trunk, hood seem to be correct.

cdncivic16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2016 Honda Odyssey EX
I've had my Touring model almost 4 weeks. This car is replacing an Acura and so far I'm loving it much more. There are a few things that irk me but no deal breakers and nothing that the dealership won't be able to resolve or that I can't live with.
The rain sensing wipers are a bit of a pain but I'm thinking there is probably some adjustment that needs to be made.
I've noticed a very slight rattling from the windshield area but only started noticing it when the colder temperatures arrived the past week.

The infotainment system is great IMO. I use my iPhone with Apple CarPlay or just plain bluetooth when I don't feel like plugging in. Both work flawlessly. I also use a 4th generation iPod touch for just music, plugged into the centre console USB and other than some crackling (which I believe is due to the older iPod technology) from time to time at the beginning of the song, no issues.

The navi is great - I love that it's Garmin based instead of the typical clunky looking nav systems that car manufacturers design which usually look like a second grader drew up :) Before the free updates happened I had a Garmin for 6 years that wasn't updated and I still managed to get to my destination. Not losing sleep over this :)

It's easy to complain about the bad things but at the end of the day it's a mechanical item with thousands of moving parts. There are bound to be some hiccups. It comes down to how the manufacturer takes care of you.

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
Believe it or not, the rain-sensing wipers were my biggest complaint when I first bought the car. I took it to the dealership and they diagnosed it, and told me it was fine.

I was a bit dismayed but whatever, it was April. I've done nothing about it since, and in the past 3 weeks it's rained almost continuously in Vancouver, and for whatever reason the wipers work rather brilliantly.

It's either a learning system, or I did something unbeknownst to me to fix it - but give it time.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Believe it or not, the rain-sensing wipers were my biggest complaint when I first bought the car. I took it to the dealership and they diagnosed it, and told me it was fine.

I was a bit dismayed but whatever, it was April. I've done nothing about it since, and in the past 3 weeks it's rained almost continuously in Vancouver, and for whatever reason the wipers work rather brilliantly.

It's either a learning system, or I did something unbeknownst to me to fix it - but give it time.
Agreed, it's definitely gotten better with time. Hit a few torrential downpours today, and at highway speed the wash/wax I've been using (and I haven't washed for over a week) is like Rain-X. I didn't have to touch the wipers once.

The rain-sensing wipers were really erratic at first though.
Sponsored